PDA

View Full Version : The Bright Side.

Edman
09-12-2014, 09:35 AM
The Steelers will play in no more Thursday Night games the rest of the year.

I always hated these games before, I hate them now, and I will hate them for the rest of my life.

blackngldblood
09-12-2014, 09:56 AM
When's the last time they won on a Thursday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salamander
09-12-2014, 10:03 AM
When's the last time they won on a Thursday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They haven't. They're 0-4 in Thursday games under Tomlin.

vader29
09-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Wikipedia has their record at 5-2 on Thursday night games through last year, so 5-3 after last night. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thursday_Night_Football#Results

polamalubeast
09-12-2014, 11:06 AM
They haven't. They're 0-4 in Thursday games under Tomlin.

Since 2007,they are 4-4 on thursday night football,but 0-3 since 2012

And all of his win was vs bad team

steelerdude15
09-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Personally, I'm dead set against Thursday games because it doesn't give the players enough time to rest and they have less time to plan for the upcoming opponent. Interesting stats none the less.

Craic
09-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Since 2007,they are 4-4 on thursday night football,but 0-3 since 2012

And all of his win was vs bad team

Seeing as the Steelers have a hard time beating bad teams, going back to the early 2000's, that's actually a decently impressive stat that we're beating bad teams on Thursday night. Can't do it on Sundays.

polamalubeast
09-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Seeing as the Steelers have a hard time beating bad teams, going back to the early 2000's, that's actually a decently impressive stat that we're beating bad teams on Thursday night. Can't do it on Sundays.

The steelers always winning against the bad teams when they had a very good season (12-4)

Right now, the Steelers are not a good team, so it's normal to see the steelers lose against bad teams too.

tube517
09-12-2014, 01:27 PM
I always remember that horrendous 2009 games vs the Stains on Thur night. They couldn't do anything right and lost on the road w/Ben as QB. That one was just as bad as this one in ugliness.

86WARD
09-14-2014, 06:16 AM
I hate the Thursday Night Games.

salamander
09-14-2014, 06:36 AM
I stand corrected then. :doh:

Moose
09-14-2014, 09:29 AM
Excuses, excuses. Baltimore played the previous Sunday too. We just didn't execute, just like the 2nd half of the Cleveland game.

HollywoodSteel
09-15-2014, 06:52 PM
Thursday night games are only an advantage if you get to play them in week 1 or coming off a bye (I'm not sure if that ever happens but I've never thought about it before) because it's kind of like getting another bye week afterwards without a short week before. Not saying they are ever an advantage for us in particular, but in theory...

I don't know how long they've been doing this but the Super Bowl champion always gets to host the first Thursday night game of the season (except the Ravens got screwed out of that home opener the season after they won it because of the Orioles). Did we get that Thursday home opener in 2009?

- - - Updated - - -

Thursday night games are only an advantage if you get to play them in week 1 or coming off a bye (I'm not sure if that ever happens but I've never thought about it before) because it's kind of like getting another bye week afterwards without a short week before. Not saying they are ever an advantage for us in particular, but in theory...

I don't know how long they've been doing this but the Super Bowl champion always gets to host the first Thursday night game of the season (except the Ravens got screwed out of that home opener the season after they won it because of the Orioles). Did we get that Thursday home opener in 2009?

Just looked it up. We did win the Thursday night home opener against the Titans in 2009 (in overtime).

plenewken
09-16-2014, 07:44 AM
Personally, I'm dead set against Thursday games because it doesn't give the players enough time to rest and they have less time to plan for the upcoming opponent.

Isn't it the same for the other team?

one side only
09-16-2014, 08:11 AM
Isn't it the same for the other team?

Almost the same; the Ravens didn't have to travel. That's why the home team almost always win on Thursdays.