PDA

View Full Version : Steelers still show the organizational standard of class on the the Ray Rice issue

tube517
09-10-2014, 11:04 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/steelers-still-show-organizational-standard-111136083.html

Just a few years ago, Rice was on the other end of such an exchange when long-time Steelers' wide receiver, Hines Ward, was dealing with a DUI charge. He took the opportunity to tweet that Ward's DUI charge was "not a good look," and then lecture about his actions and the impact it can have on those that see him as a role model.

"People look up to you, Hines," Rice said. "You just were on TV with Dancing with the Stars. Ravens fans were upset that you won Dancing with the Stars but they still watched you. That shows your charisma and character. You've got a legacy in the NFL that no one can take away from you. But if you hurt somebody drunk driving, that takes away a lot."

For the record, the DUI charge was dropped against Ward.

Rice's approach to Ward's situation is the opposite of how the Roethlisberger, Gay and Polamalu reacted when asked about their opinions on the tape of Rice knocking out his then-fiance. Growing up a Steelers fan, this is in-line with what I've come to identify as the way of this organization. Instead of judging and talking about what another person needs to do, or should have done, you speak with respect, support, and empathy towards what another person's struggles might be.

Devilsdancefloor
09-10-2014, 11:14 AM
If anyone should go off on him it is Gay, but hats off to all of them it would be easy to pile on

tube517
09-10-2014, 11:17 AM
If anyone should go off on him it is Gay, but hats off to all of them it would be easy to pile on

Agreed.

ALLD
09-10-2014, 05:27 PM
Even if Rice carries the ball again it won't be for long. You know how many DLs and LBers are foaming at the mouth just to hit him. He would be the biggest target in the NFL if he played this week.

BigNastyDefense
09-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Ray Rice is nothing more than a punk ass bitch, and I agree if he ever carries the ball again in the NFL he's gonna get hit harder than ever, maybe even a bit dirty. And I bet there won't be any flags for it either. He can kiss my ass!

Hawkman
09-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Ray Rice is nothing more than a punk ass bitch, and I agree if he ever carries the ball again in the NFL he's gonna get hit harder than ever, maybe even a bit dirty. And I bet there won't be any flags for it either. He can kiss my ass!

Doesn't really speak to the thread topic!