PDA

View Full Version : Predictions vs Ravens

polamalubeast
09-09-2014, 07:24 PM
It'll be difficult for the steelers since it's hard to win in Baltimore and it's hard to win on the road on a Thursday night.....11 of the 12 last games in regular season between the two teams ended by a differences of 3 points or less!

Last year the Steelers lost 22-20 in Baltimore and had not scored in the first half.And it was also on a Thursday night.The Steelers need to have a better start in Baltimore.

The pressure is on Baltimore on this game because a team can not afford to lose two games at home against a division rival to start the season, so the Ravens are going to be desperate and the steelers must be ready!

What is your prediction for this game?

Count Steeler
09-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Tough one to predict. Steelers 23-20.

Craic
09-09-2014, 07:26 PM
33-32.

I have no idea who will be on top. Probably the team with the ball in the last five seconds of the game. And most of those points will be scored out of the no-huddle by both offenses.

polamalubeast
09-09-2014, 07:31 PM
I would be surprised if it's a shoot out.

The Thursday night games are often ugly

Craic
09-09-2014, 07:36 PM
I would be surprised if it's a shoot out.

The Thursday night games are often ugly

Yeah, but our no-huddle offense plays almost unstoppable, and our defense against the no-huddle is incapable of stopping plays.

salamander
09-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Ravens 27-20. I don't have a good feeling.

Hawkman
09-09-2014, 07:56 PM
I will actually be at this game, (I can't believe will be tailgating with Ratbird fans...but hey, free food and free booze....and free tickets), but I say we win avery close one,

Steelers-20
Ravens-17

CapLovesTroyP43
09-09-2014, 08:05 PM
I think it'll be a cake walk after all the turmoil they've been through this week. Geezus if the Bungles can beat them, we sure as hell better do the same!

X-Terminator
09-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Ravens 30
Steelers 20

Yep, even with Moonball Joe throwing wounded ducks all night. I don't have a good feeling either.

Edman
09-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Ravens 27, Steelers 17.

The Steelers never play good on Thursday Nights, and our Defense isn't even remotely decent. Joe will drop a couple terrible moonballs on the secondary, Ike Taylor will sprinkle some illegal contact penalties extending drives, and it doesn't matter who the Ravens have at RB, our horrible run Defense will let them have plenty of success on the ground.

Not a pretty game.

Shoes
09-09-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm a homer. Steelers 30, Ravens 21. Stone hands Ike picks Moonball Joe for six. :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
09-09-2014, 09:35 PM
I'm a homer. Steelers 30, Ravens 21. Stone hands Ike picks Moonball Joe for six. :chuckle:

I'm with Homer.

BEN is inspired.

Holding them to 21 will be a feat though.

I perdict 34 - 30 Stillers pour moi!

st33lersguy
09-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Ravens 27 Steelers 24. I predict the home team will sweep the series this year. Really can't trust this defense to stop moonball Joe after letting Brian Hoyer and Cleveland's anemic offense come back from 24 down

86WARD
09-09-2014, 10:05 PM
24-16 Ravens. Bernard Pierce runs wild.

fansince'76
09-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Steelers, 20-14. Ravens' distraction from Rice debacle proves to be the great equalizer.

Boh
09-09-2014, 10:54 PM
tie game

Steeltreal
09-10-2014, 12:03 AM
Whoever is on Pitta will be key, he was targeted 15 times in week1, I suspect he has a big game.

Psycho Ward 86
09-10-2014, 12:11 AM
tie game

that would be just the perfect way to epitomize this rivalry from 2008 to current day.

i say we lose 27-24. Joe Flacco 300+ yards, 2 TD's. Forsett and Pierce for 140 rush yards, with the rookie (forget his name) chipping in a couple more.

yet another year where steeler fans think we are in prime position to finally sweep the series but underestimate the ravens. Harbaugh will bog down the ray rice distraction and keep that squad focused.

hope im wrong

Dwinsgames
09-10-2014, 06:43 AM
who the hell knows ...

Ravens unlikely to start 0-2 , however they are also unlikely to be able to over come all the distraction of the Ray Rice fall out on a short week ...

we will have to watch and see

polamalubeast
09-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Ed Hochuli will be the referee for tomorrow's game....

ALLD
09-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Baltimore will not be competitive 34-17 Steelers and it won't be close.

Hindes204
09-10-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm with ALLD on this one

we win easily...34-10

Vis
09-10-2014, 01:13 PM
24-17 Pit

venom
09-10-2014, 01:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxL2RxeCAAA4RaU.jpg

Ravens just signed this guy from their practice squad - could be good .

Steelers 20- Ravens 17

steel striker
09-10-2014, 02:47 PM
34-10 steelers win this one going away and, it will be close in the first half then the bottom falls out for the rats.

Steelman
09-10-2014, 03:27 PM
24-23 Steelers

GoSlash27
09-10-2014, 04:41 PM
I'm going to predict a surprisingly uncompetitive game. The Ravens haven't shown any aptitude on offense and their defense has been just "okay". Steelers over the Ravens by at least 14.

BigNastyDefense
09-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Steelers 31 Ravens 10

Steelers no huddle gets the job done, defense doesn't get cocky in the second half, Ravens offense and defense both look bad, not to mention the huge distraction they've got on them. Nobody is going to be asking them about football, that's for sure.

TMC
09-10-2014, 06:46 PM
I just watched the Ravens/Bengals game today. The Ravens struggled to run the football. I thought Forsett looked better than Peirce. Forsett hit the holes with no dancing, showed some prowess in the passing game, and just looked more comfortable overall. Last season, Pierce was more north/south, this year he was hesitant in the backfield and got caught by the Bengals, even when creases were there. Flacco was inaccurate, especially when moving, and the booted him quite a bit. He missed several throws really bad, especially going to the left or edges (wide). He was much better in the middle. Still think he is a between the hash passer. The Bengals defense really did not look special. The Ravens offense kind of looked inept. Bad passes. Iffy runs. Dropped passes. Struggled blocking some too.

I think if the Ravens want to be successful against the Steelers, they need to run with a little authority to set up their play action. The offense just does not look comfortable right now, almost forced. Now, the Steelers defense was not stellar either. They are susceptible to the run when they go with 2 down linemen. I just do not know if the Ravens can take advantage of that. That is a big question for me. If the Ravens cannot get movement against the 2-DL system, then it sets the Steelers up for handling them with their pass defense all game. It really could make for a long night for them if that happens. If they can run, force the Steelers into a base 3-4, it could open the passing game for them and really open the play action.

When the Ravens are on defense, they have some issues similar to the Steelers. They want to play their base 3-4 more than the Steelers do. In any set with 2 WRs, they look to go base. If it is 2 TEs, 2 WR, they are base. If it is 2-WRs, 2 RBs, it is base. The base defense really struggles against the pass. The Bengal were running 2 TE sets early, sending out both TEs in the formation, and the OLBs were losing receivers bad, like 5-8 yards of space, easy throws, move the chains. The DBs started giving massive cushions, pitch and catch. If the Bengals went to formations that showed pass, the Ravens would pull the NT, bring in another DB, use the OLBs as DEs (sound familiar) and were much better against the pass in those situations. In most of those situations, the Bengals tried to switch to a run. The problem they faced, the Bengals were actually running the read option and had Dalton pull the ball and carry it some. Bernard was the Bengals leading rusher with 14 carries, Dalton was 2nd with 6. He was horrible as a runner. Horrible. Almost give up runs by the offense, throw away plays. I know it stalled several drives because he would keep and run on 2nd and 7 or 3rd and 4 and get nothing. Forced some FGs. He was also not exceptionally accurate on some passes and would press some into coverage when he had receivers open. I could see the Bengal put up 500 yards on the Ravens if Dalton would have taken the open throws on some occasions and they ran the ball better.

I think the Steelers can use some formations to create matchups. I like some formations with Bell and Will Johnson on the field at the same time. If the Ravens go base 3-4, you split out both backs, get mismatches on the OLBs with your backs. If the Ravens go nickel, you bring Johnson and Bell into the power-I and ram it down their throats. I also like some 2-TE sets IF Spaeth can show anything as a potential receiver.

Archer and Moore have already been ruled out, so the 4 WRs that dress should be Brown, Wheaton, Brown, and Bryant. I would not be afraid to go 3 WRs, Miller, and Bell, splitting Miller out and putting Bell out with them. The Ravens would almost have to keep 4 players over them to keep from getting Bell one-on-one with a safety on a quick screen. If you put Antonio Brown and Wheaton on the other side, it creates mismatches on both sides of the field.

I really think the Steelers can take advantage of the Ravens OLBs. They suck when asked to drop. All of them blow. They are pass rushers and run stoppers only. A big key in this game will be if the Steelers OL can give Ben a little time. I am not talking about 5 seconds each play either, but if they can give 3, Ben eats them up.

I think the Steelers get into the 30s, so I would not be surprised at a 34-23 score.

Steelerette
09-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Steelers 27
Ravens 13. Two FGs and that last-minute TD we always give away in the 4th.

Surprise touchdown by Arthur Moats.

Moose
09-11-2014, 08:39 AM
Good read TMC ! Hope you're right. I just dread these division games and hoping I've got enough alcohol !

Crow-Magnon
09-11-2014, 03:57 PM
First off, hi to all I know.here from years past.

Been a different year for me. Moved to a new house in spring, now starting a new position in Philadelphia in a few weeks after years in DC (actually Virginia, but close enough). To be frank, setting up new digs and watching the Orioles all summer long have kept me from getting into football as much as I normally am. And the Rice debacle hasnt helped much...especially this week. But, this is Steelers-Ravens. If you cant get a little pumped up for that, might as well take up needlepoint (nod to Rosey Griier)

Neither team is dominant. Last week Baltimore's offense was downright lethargic in the first half, while the defense bent but didn't break, only yielding FG's. In the second half the offense played better (not great, but better) and finally took the lead, but the defense, with a weak secondary) let up and cost them the game.

The Steelers, on the other hand, looked dominant in the first half (albeit against the Browns), but then came close to blowing it at home against a Hoyer-led Cleveland offense.

So, this game is tough to call. Ravens see this as a must-win, or they will be 0-2 to start the season...and 0-2 in the division. I don't think the Rice situation will have any impact on game play. What will impact the game is pressure on Ben (none whatsoever on Dalton last week), and how poorly the CB's cover Pittsburgh's receivers.

I say Baltimore 27-Pittsburgh 24, just because a loss dooms this season in Week Two.

By the way, driving home today I saw some beater on the B-W Parkway festooned with Terrible Towels and assorted decals and stickers. The MD license plate was RVNSSUK. lol!

Here's to a hard-hitting game without major injuries to either team. Minor ones and some blood are fine.

fansince'76
09-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Welcome back, Crow! :drink:

Hope your prediction is wrong. :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
09-11-2014, 05:41 PM
I predict my pre game meal was better than anyone else's hot sausage stuffed banana peppers in mushroom and onion pesta sauce smothered in a 6 cheese blend resauced and topped with fresh grated parm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxSUu4NCcAAYyvc.jpg

zulater
09-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Hope for a win but prepare for a loss. Good news is that regardless of what happens tonight, they got an extra 3 days to prepare for the following game. Hopefully that will be what they need to get the defensive issues righted.

Crow-Magnon
09-11-2014, 06:19 PM
I just looked....I gotta change my avatar.

Good looking grub. Dwinsgames! I had leftover Chinese. lol

Dwinsgames
09-11-2014, 06:30 PM
With the Ravens basically down 3 starters in the secondary Ben should have a career game if the O-Line can spare him 3 seconds or more per drop back ... that being said I look to light up the score board 31 -23 Steelers get the W and move to 2-0

zulater
09-11-2014, 06:44 PM
With the Ravens basically down 3 starters in the secondary Ben should have a career game if the O-Line can spare him 3 seconds or more per drop back ... that being said I look to light up the score board 31 -23 Steelers get the W and move to 2-0

Sounds good to me!:crossed:

tube517
09-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Prediction: Porter forgets he is a coach and tackles Flaccid on the sidelines as he is running out of bounds causing Sidelinegate 2

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

86WARD
09-12-2014, 07:41 AM
34-10 steelers win this one going away and, it will be close in the first half then the bottom falls out for the rats.

Close...just look in the mirror and you're dead on...