PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' fiercest rivals?

Edman
08-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Over the years, the Steelers' success has spawned a long line of bitter rivalries against several teams in the AFC. Some lasted more than others, but they've been etched into the annals of time of Steelers Fan Lore. These are the teams we hate, and remember hating. Wether it be for hateable players, hateable coaching staff, or heartwrenching games we won/lost against them.

So, in all your years of watching the Steelers, which teams do you think stood out as Steelers enemies?

polamalubeast
08-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Ravens no doubt.

Butch
08-18-2010, 02:55 PM
One very big NFC team comes to mind...Crygirls

AFC Cheats, Raisens, and peyton (it's not my fault...it's everybody else's) manning.

Texasteel
08-18-2010, 02:59 PM
I'll always have a special hate for the Raiders.

Iron Steeler
08-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Pats, Ravens , Jax ,Indi

xX-TSK-Xx
08-18-2010, 03:04 PM
We had a pretty good, about 5 year, rivalry with Jacksonville in the early and mid 2000's.

MasterOfPuppets
08-18-2010, 03:15 PM
in the division its the ratbirds of course ... although the hate for the browns and bungholes remain strong, they've been irrelevant for the most part in the last 20 years. i miss hating the houston oilers.

in the conference it's definitely the cheaters. 10 years ago i'd have said the raiders, but see browns and bungholes above.

in the nfc the cowboys. although we don't play them often, i just hate everything about them from their arrogant owner all the way down to their pussified fans.

steeldevil
08-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Ravens and Cheats

To a lesser extent Browns, Bengals, and Cowboys

I wish the old Raider rivalry would stir up again. I wasnt alive during the 70's and would love to have seen it...

Indo
08-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Recently, the Ratbirds.

But the Classic Rivalries were between us and the Raiders, Browns, Oilers, Cowgirls.
I miss the Raiders the most...

solardave
08-18-2010, 04:08 PM
I'll always have a special hate for the Raiders.

Yeah, the Raiders are a bunch of whiney ass loooosers.

Angina
08-18-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm still steeped in the Raiders rivalry of yore. I still can't stand the sight or sound of John Madden. :horror: :lol:

Nadroj 20
08-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Ravens for sure are their current biggest Rival.

Bengals would have to rank up there too i would think

Browns are just sad and I can not condsider them a rival since they are so bad, yet I know many browns fans who think the steelers are their biggest rival (prob because we beat them 9 out of every 10 times.)

Jacksonville seems to always be a tough opponent and the raiders are probably on the list as are pats and boys