PDA

View Full Version : Steelers struggling with up tempo offenses

polamalubeast
09-08-2014, 09:28 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap3000000391436/Steelers-struggling-with-up-tempo-offenses

polamalubeast
09-08-2014, 09:37 AM
This is a big problem

That was the case yesterday(against the Browns!!!!!!),as it was the case against the Eagles in preseason and it was a nightmare last year against the Patriots when they gave 55 points and 600 yards of offense.

Edman
09-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Just another Steelers "weakness" that will be overcome...eventually.

First it was "spread 'em out". The Steelers created the cushion, Then it was quick passing games beating the cushion, the Steelers play press, now it's up tempo offenses tiring them out.

How can the Steelers adjust this time?

The Steelers D changes weaknesses like they change clothes.

If your team is struggling with the up-tempo, it once again all falls back on lack of preparation. Another Coaching Gaffe. The Steelers were so damn sure they were going to see goofy Manziel packages yesterday, and the Browns sprung a surprise on them. You could say they Mike Pettine outsmarted them.

Guess what? They're going to see the uptempo even more now.

Craic
09-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Just another Steelers "weakness" that will be overcome...eventually.

First it was "spread 'em out". The Steelers created the cushion, Then it was quick passing games beating the cushion, the Steelers play press, now it's up tempo offenses tiring them out.

How can the Steelers adjust this time?

The Steelers D changes weaknesses like they change clothes.

If your team is struggling with the up-tempo, it once again all falls back on lack of preparation. Another Coaching Gaffe. The Steelers were so damn sure they were going to see goofy Manziel packages yesterday, and the Browns sprung a surprise on them. You could say they Mike Pettine outsmarted them.

Guess what? They're going to see the uptempo even more now.

Because the coaches should be able to account for absolutely everything, right? I love the blame game we play. It wasn't a "gaffe" it's a weakness. And this defense has had so many weaknesses to overcome with the loss of it's core. It's done a pretty good job overcoming them. But there's two big ones left. Up temp offenses and runs on passing downs/unsuspected runs. I trust that they will be addressed. It may take another year and some more drafting to do so, after all, again, we lost almost our entire defense. But it'll happen.

Iron Steeler
09-08-2014, 12:40 PM
I feel tomlin and lebeau think the have bill cowhers 2004 defense . Back when if we scored 21 points the defense would close the game out and we would sit on the ball.. But we don't have that defense but we have a better offense , I feel they should change their 3rd quarter mentality on offense keep scoring! Attack don't go straight into a running game . I feel like everytime we come out of halftime lead I can call the plays before they happen ... Run , run, shotgun hb draw...

i feel if they kept they're offense tempo up as much as they did in the first half they will help the def with a bigger points cushion and more room for error ...

and bs running will be easier too if your first 10 plays aren't so predictable in the start of the 3rd quarter

polamalubeast
09-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Tomlin says Steelers have issues defending up-tempo attack

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/09/08/Mike-Tomlin-Steelers-issues-defending-up-tempo/stories/201409080191#ixzz3CkkkNy4U

X-Terminator
09-08-2014, 02:57 PM
OK, you've figured it out. Now, what are you going to do to fix it, Mike?

tube517
09-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Ok, what happened to the game plan where the Steelers beat the Cheats* in 2011 ???? Maybe TMZ can find it since they can find anything....