PDA

View Full Version : Great Video Replay of Ben -- AB = TD Doesn't get much better than this !

katmandu
09-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Considering the 2nd half implosion, it's nice to go back and see some of the Positives of today's game.

This TD highlight play from Ben to AB should cheer you up ! Some excellent camera editing work by the crew!

Enjoy!

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014090708/2014/REG1/browns@steelers#menu=drivechart%7CcontentId%3A0ap3 000000390377&tab=analyze&pbp=gc-pbp-cd

GBMelBlount
09-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Absolutely Amazing.

We watched it back half a dozen times.

Shoes
09-07-2014, 09:48 PM
AB & Ben have to be the best combo in the business.

CapLovesTroyP43
09-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Poetry in motion! Absolutely beautiful!

polamalubeast
09-08-2014, 12:59 PM
What a Play!!!!

salamander
09-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Classic Ben.

TMC
09-08-2014, 03:42 PM
I cut this out of the game video I have. It is the aerial view.

http://youtu.be/AXCQVrCOjTU

I cannot remember when or who said it, but earlier in Ben's career, when he was having a lot of success hitting big plays while scrambling, I remember someone talking about Ben being different than other QBs. When other QBs scrambled, the WRs would come back and present themselves as targets. Ben liked it different, when he scrambled, he wanted his WRs to press deep. If you look at this video, it appears that Brown is running a post or something over the middle of the field, but when Brown sees the pocket collapse, he gets a push off of Joe Haden to get some room and then jets straight for the corner of the endzone. He sees the space in the defense deep and gets after it.

The single high safety had to slide outside as his responsibility is to stay deeper than the deepest guy, so he tries to split between Archer and Brown. The problem is, he did not recognize that Ben was moving quickly enough or he could have abandoned Archer, not many QBs can make that throw all the way across the field (across their body). He drifted too far and with Brown creating that space, it created the opportunity for a big play.

If the Steelers had a bigger WR with some speed (if Justin Brown ran a little better or Bryant showed he could handle it), that route combination could become a staple. It would allow a bigger WR to loop outside with Brown running that post. It would force the safety to make a decision, either leaving the jump ball with the bigger WR or man coverage on Brown in all that space. The only answer would be to double the safeties deep, which means you are not rushing five, cutting it back down to four (so you can pull a DB back) and that gives Ben more time to pick them apart short.

polamalubeast
09-08-2014, 04:48 PM
I am convinced that no other QB in the NFL today can make the play/throw that Roethlisberger made on Brown's TD catch. Maybe ever. Favre?

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib/status/509094632949817344

steelerdude15
09-08-2014, 06:17 PM
That was a great throw and catch. That was definitely a great play to watch unfold.

Kittyfish
09-09-2014, 07:36 AM
"Ben Roethlisberger is a magician!"

True dat.