PDA

View Full Version : Are you Happy?

polamalubeast
09-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Are you Happy with this win?

This is one of the worst win in Steelers history!

HollywoodSteel
09-07-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm happy to be alive. I have a very healthy heart but the Steelers did their best to test it.

steelerdude15
09-07-2014, 03:47 PM
I've fine now, but I guess more relieved that anything. Its nice that the Steelers picked up their first week one win since 2010.

st33lersguy
09-07-2014, 03:49 PM
I am marginally happy, will be much more happy if we win next week. Unfortunately, we made Suckballs Hoyer look like a great QB and their crop of crappy receivers look like a great receiving corps. Also just lost a lot of confidence

stillers4me
09-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Happier than the Browns fans, the Ravens fans..............and the Pats* fans! :lol: It was ugly, but it's a division and conference win. I'll take it over a loss any day.

Mojouw
09-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Both lines got pushed around. IF they can improve on that, then this isn't a big deal.

If they can't, it will be a long season of shoot-outs.

polamalubeast
09-07-2014, 03:51 PM
I am marginally happy, will be much more happy if we win next week. Unfortunately, we made Suckballs Hoyer look like a great QB and their crop of crappy receivers look like a great receiving corps. Also just lost a lot of confidence

The Run Defense was awful too

katmandu
09-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Are you Happy with this win?

This is one of the worst win in Steelers history!A "W" is a "W". That and that alone is what I'm happy about.

Given that absolute implosion in the 2nd half, there are many Positives to take away from this debacle.

1) BELL -> 109 yards on the ground. That's a HUGE +.

2) 3 - SACKS by the Defense.

3) Cortez earning his new paycheck with (6) Tackles.

4) Great showing by the Receiving Corp...

Receiving
REC
YDS
TD
LG

A. Brown (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0027793)

M. Wheaton (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0030460)

L. Bell (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0030496)

J. Brown (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0030466)

H. Miller (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023465)

A. Blake (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0029050)

5) Troy is still a Monster with 6 solo Tackles and 5 Assists

6) Wing did a decent job today. Too bad he had to do it (6) freaking times!

7) Suisam saved the day

Surely several other Positives to take away and build on.

Now, for the Negatives......

Uh..... I don't have the time right now! LOL! This can be a separate thread all by itself!

fansince'76
09-07-2014, 03:54 PM
I do handle shitty performances a LOT better when they're wins.

And at least there were some positives to draw from in this game (see the entire first half), unlike that 0-4 shit show we started with last year.

polamalubeast
09-07-2014, 03:56 PM
The Offense is going to be good this year, but we have to live with the fact that the defense is going to be bad

X-Terminator
09-07-2014, 04:01 PM
I'm always happy with wins. But it doesn't cover up the fact that the team blew a 24-point lead and nearly lost the damn game and some major issues were exposed on defense.

I will say this though. As good as the offense was in the first half, remember that Lance Moore didn't play today. Add that weapon to the offense, and they could be even more deadly.

steel9guy
09-07-2014, 04:02 PM
I was happy at half time.

Edman
09-07-2014, 04:03 PM
The 2014 Steelers won't be going 0-4 this year and jeopardizing the season before it even began.

While I wasn't all happy with today's win, it's just better to be lucky and charmed than good. This team did everything possible to lose today, and they didn't. Last year taught me, it doesn't matter if you make the game interesting if you still lose (Vikings, Raiders, Dolphins games).

steelerdude15
09-07-2014, 04:03 PM
A "W" is a "W". That and that alone is what I'm happy about.

Given that absolute implosion in the 2nd half, there are many Positives to take away from this debacle.

1) BELL -> 109 yards on the ground. That's a HUGE +.

2) 3 - SACKS by the Defense.

3) Cortez earning his new paycheck with (6) Tackles.

4) Great showing by the Receiving Corp...

Receiving
REC
YDS
TD
LG

A. Brown (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0027793)

M. Wheaton (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0030460)

L. Bell (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0030496)

J. Brown (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0030466)

H. Miller (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023465)

A. Blake (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0029050)

5) Troy is still a Monster with 6 solo Tackles and 5 Assists

6) Wing did a decent job today. Too bad he had to do it (6) freaking times!

7) Suisam saved the day

Surely several other Positives to take away and build on.

Now, for the Negatives......

Uh..... I don't have the time right now! LOL! This can be a separate thread all by itself!

I agree, Bell getting over one hundred yards rushing is nice to see. Maybe we'll finally see a one thousand yard rusher this year.

XxKnightxX
09-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Id rather this happen now so they identify it and fix it rather than it happening on week 8 and having the teams abuse it the remainder of the season.

86WARD
09-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Yes. I'm happy with any win. I'm impressed how good they looked the first half. It's how teams should look against the Browns. The second half they looked how you shouldn't look.

Thursday will give us ankther look and more
Of an idea if they are the first half team or the second half team...

siss
09-07-2014, 04:30 PM
A win is a win forever and ever amen!

blackngldblood
09-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Man that offense looked dominant in the first half. Jarvis tied last year sack total. Worilds got one. Troy was FALYYYYIIING around out there.

Sigh......then came the second half. They phoned it in. Hoyer may actually be a decent quarterback. Cleveland's defense looked like a top ten. Ours looked like a 2A. I am surprised I didn't have a stroke.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pepsyman1
09-07-2014, 04:41 PM
I was incredibly disappointed in the defense. They didn't look particularly fast. The got pushed around in the second half and although I'm rooting for him, I wasn't impressed at all with Jarvis Jones. He got a sack, but he didn't seem to be getting much penetration most of the game and doesn't look strong enough to deal with the bigger left tackles. He really needed to get stronger this off season and it does not appear that he followed that plan. James Harrison he's not.

Hawkman
09-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Hell yes I'm happy......we won! Ben has some fine weapons....The defense has some work to do, but nice cast. We let off the gas, too much wasted energy. Thomas is not the answer for the middle of the defense. Thursday will be interesting. I will be at that game....sitting in the middle of Ravens fans.

stillers4me
09-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Happier than a Cowboys fan...

ALLD
09-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Happier than a Cowboys fan...

It's like he is throwing picks on commission.

Shoes
09-07-2014, 04:50 PM
It's like he is throwing picks on commission.

:chuckle:

tube517
09-07-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm happy we have Antonio Brown and He shall Be Le'Veon Cheech.

I'm happy for Markus Wheaton for a good game. Made some good catches.

Not happy with the run defense.

Also not happy with ZERO turnovers by the defense. Since 2011, this has been a sore spot.

stillers4me
09-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Ben showed he's still one of the big boys in the league. Maybe bigger than ever.

X-Terminator
09-07-2014, 05:06 PM
I was incredibly disappointed in the defense. They didn't look particularly fast. The got pushed around in the second half and although I'm rooting for him, I wasn't impressed at all with Jarvis Jones. He got a sack, but he didn't seem to be getting much penetration most of the game and doesn't look strong enough to deal with the bigger left tackles. He really needed to get stronger this off season and it does not appear that he followed that plan. James Harrison he's not.

The entire defense got pushed around in the 2nd half. It wasn't just Jones.

And while we're talking about unimpressive young players, has Marcus Gilbert recovered from the ass whipping he received today? Dude got beat like he stole something.

Mojouw
09-07-2014, 05:25 PM
The entire defense got pushed around in the 2nd half. It wasn't just Jones.

And while we're talking about unimpressive young players, has Marcus Gilbert recovered from the ass whipping he received today? Dude got beat like he stole something.

And to top it off his whuppin' came at the hands of Paul Kruger and Mingo -- not exactly ferocious pass rushing forces. It is going to be another adventure along the O line this year.

Devilsdancefloor
09-07-2014, 05:32 PM
meh is how i can describe it we won i would have lost the other half of my mind if we had lost

Count Steeler
09-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Until we win the trenches consistently, we are going to be on a roller coaster. A win is a win, especially against a division opponent.

On to Thursday night.

Moose
09-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Yes I'm happy we won. Hell no about how we got it. Give up 24 pts to the brown's and we don't score shit....are you fk'n kidding me? When in the hell was the last time we played 60 minutes of football ?!! Can we not beat and thump anyone ? Rooney's.....are you satisfied with this crap ? Apparently your damn coaches are ! Sorry, I think it's embarrassing and pathetic to come out the first half and do some ass kicking....and then play with their dck's up their asses the 2nd. Thursday night's game is going to be scary. We will see what this team is against the ravens, who the bungholes beat almost without scoring a TD.

tube517
09-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Robert Golden-El > Laundry Jones :chuckle:

vader29
09-07-2014, 07:09 PM
This Cleveland fan wasn't very happy at halftime. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvziMXDoepM

Shoes
09-07-2014, 07:12 PM
This Cleveland fan wasn't very happy at halftime. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvziMXDoepM

Hopefully this guy is driving to the local mental institution.

GBMelBlount
09-07-2014, 07:22 PM
I am very happy we won.

I think we will need to score 30+ points most games to win, especially in the first half of the season.

stillers4me
09-07-2014, 07:45 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10698538_4531787830050_2527422128781790259_n.jpg?o h=fee395cc749423df0eb751040b8900b1&oe=548A68C4

BigNastyDefense
09-07-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm happy we walked away with a W instead of an L.

I think the team took their foot off the gas in the second half. They didn't play aggressive defense or offense in the second half. They played to protect the lead instead of playing to win. It's okay to win a game 44-3, you don't have to make it semi-respectable.

I am concerned about the run defense, I don't think either McLendon or Cam Thomas are the answer at NT. However, I want to see Thomas on the field as little as possible, he's a steaming hot pile of dog crap. At least McLendon can get a push up the middle some of the time. And if Thomas was playing DE, please just don't. I wanna see McCullers maybe get some time at NT in relief of McLendon.

Heinz Hitman
09-07-2014, 08:03 PM
This is a win that feels like a loss. If we play like this on Thursday we will not be so lucky.

stillers4me
09-07-2014, 08:04 PM
A friend of mine watched the game at a sports bar so her husband could watch the Bengals game while she watched the Steelers game with no sound. At the end, she said it was so typical......the Bengals fans were booking their superbowl tickets and the Steelers fans were pissed because they didn't win good enough. :lol:

GoSlash27
09-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Happier than the Browns fans, the Ravens fans..............and the Pats* fans! :lol: It was ugly, but it's a division and conference win. I'll take it over a loss any day.

^ This is not just my answer, but *the* answer. You take the win and go back to the laboratory so the next win isn't as ugly.
/short week

Hawkman
09-07-2014, 08:41 PM
Hopefully this guy is driving to the local mental institution.

Yoga would do him good!!

JayC
09-07-2014, 08:58 PM
hell no im not happy. that was a horrible display in the 2nd half. we should have lost.

Craic
09-08-2014, 01:07 AM
Happy?

We won. We won against another NFL team in a game that counted. We won against another NFL team in regular season in a game that we would have lost the last two years.

I'm absolutely happy, because there's tremendous upside here, and it's not going to take eight games to uncover it. Happy doesn't mean I'm blind to the problems. Our run defense is week and our defensive scheming was easily sussed out at halftime and picked apart. But seeing our problems also doesn't meant I can't enjoy the fact that we won this game, or that Ben did what he hasn't been able to do the last couple of years as well . . . drive the team in the last part of the fourth quarter for a win.

ALLD
09-08-2014, 09:02 AM
I am happy that Jerry Jones does not own the Steelers and Ben has matured into a responsible leader which has carried over onto the field.

tube517
09-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Actually saw Ben with some serious time to throw in the 1st half. On the play where he threw the pick, he had all day to throw. I think he "overthought" all his options and ended up with a bad throw/decision. It was like he didn't know how to handle the time to throw!!

zulater
09-08-2014, 10:23 AM
I'm happy they won. But not satisfied with how they're playing.

The defense should get better as the season goes on. A lot of new players to the system.

The offense has to play with a greater sense of urgency than they did in the second half. The "four corners, stall offense" can't be your game if your defense isn't making stops.

- - - Updated - - -

hell no im not happy. that was a horrible display in the 2nd half. we should have lost.

Could have lost. Yes. Should have lost. No effing way. At the end both offense and defense made the plays they needed to to secure the right result.

Polamalu Princess
09-08-2014, 10:56 AM
We won, therefore I am happy.

katmandu
09-08-2014, 11:03 AM
A friend of mine watched the game at a sports bar so her husband could watch the Bengals game while she watched the Steelers game with no sound. At the end, she said it was so typical......the Bengals fans were booking their superbowl tickets and the Steelers fans were pissed because they didn't win good enough. :lol:LMAO! I know it! I live up the way from stllers4me and he's right! These Bungle fans are here are delusional ! :crazy:

BnG_Hevn
09-08-2014, 11:44 AM
I think this is a classic case of the Art of War where you always give your enemies a way out so they don't get desperate.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I wholeheartedly believe that even when the Steelers are capable of blowing out their opponents, they don't b/c of that very reason. If you are able to blow them out AND are strong enough to keep it going, fine. But otherwise you always dangle that carrot, that will keep the other team honest.

Instead, the Browns came out in the second half with literally nothing to lose and they struck gold in the up-tempo theme.

Can you image if they had that same game plan and Manziel was at the helm and had success?

zulater
09-08-2014, 12:04 PM
I think this is a classic case of the Art of War where you always give your enemies a way out so they don't get desperate.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I wholeheartedly believe that even when the Steelers are capable of blowing out their opponents, they don't b/c of that very reason. If you are able to blow them out AND are strong enough to keep it going, fine. But otherwise you always dangle that carrot, that will keep the other team honest.

Instead, the Browns came out in the second half with literally nothing to lose and they struck gold in the up-tempo theme.

Can you image if they had that same game plan and Manziel was at the helm and had success?

If Johnny Bench had been in the results wouldn't have been as good for Cleveland.

katmandu
09-08-2014, 03:14 PM

Can you image if they had that same game plan and Manziel was at the helm and had success?Oh hell no! There would have been mass suicides in Steeler Nation ! LMAO !

Moose
09-09-2014, 05:16 AM

Huh ? WTF ?

NCSteeler
09-09-2014, 11:10 AM
I honestly think this happens to a lot of teams. You get up big and want to be able to cruise to the victory. Why put more plays on film then you have to? Why pull out the stops and show your top plays ? Keep running very similar stuff and it eventually gets you in trouble. We got lucky enough to get out of said trouble.

fansince'76
09-09-2014, 11:14 AM
If Johnny Bench had been in the results wouldn't have been as good for Cleveland.

Is "Johnny Bench" another one of his trademarked nicknames? :chuckle:

zulater
09-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Is "Johnny Bench" another one of his trademarked nicknames? :chuckle:

No. Just the one that fits best. :heh:

katmandu
09-11-2014, 10:48 PM
Much less Positives to take away from tonights game.

Heading in the WRONG direction FAST !!

stillers4me
09-12-2014, 05:45 AM
See, kids. Ugly wins are way more fun than ugly losses.

86WARD
09-12-2014, 06:15 AM
No. Not happy about that loss. Not at all. Not happy there was little to no effort.

SteelerFanInStl
09-12-2014, 07:54 AM
I watched one of the worst teams in the NFL last night. That was an embarrassing performance. This team sucks!

Count Steeler
09-12-2014, 07:41 PM
If the Ravens played like the Steelers last night, it would be understandable.

The way the Steelers played is mind boggling. And we really haven't had any injuries. I'm still holding out hope that we work some things out by week 4-5, but patience is very thin.