PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Roethlisberger has drive to win — now

stillers4me
09-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Ben Roethlisberger is a winner.

Actually, Ben Roethlisberger needs to win … at everything he does.

You name it — shuffleboard, golf, throwing a football into a garbage can, naming songs from the 1980s — and he will try his hardest to come out on top, and he usually does.

“You ask Ben to play basketball, he is going to kill you,” Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor said. “You ask him to play pool, he is going to kill you. If you ask him to play pingpong, he's going to kill you.”

Maybe that's the reason Roethlisberger has won at every level of football? .........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6741822-74/roethlisberger-win-super#ixzz3Cdu8Ck24

siss
09-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Now go win us a Super Bowl!

GBMelBlount
09-07-2014, 10:17 AM
If Ben's supporting cast steps up I think we can be contenders.

Craic
09-07-2014, 10:19 AM
I really hate logic like this:

Just look at his salary compared to the rest of the league. Roethlisberger is the 14th highest-paid quarterback (that will change next year) despite being the only one to have a pair of Super Bowl wins.

Seriously, let's do a little research and present the facts accurately. They go something like this:

1. Ben signed in 2008.
2. Ben signed with $36 million in guaranteed money.
3. When he signed his contract, it was the largest in team history.
4. His contract, in general, tied for the fifth largest contract in NFL history, when he signed it.

Regardless of the point he was making, this kind of shoddy logic and reporting is just par for the course anymore—and frustrating, to say the least.

Bluecoat96
09-07-2014, 11:14 AM
I really hate logic like this:

Seriously, let's do a little research and present the facts accurately. They go something like this:

1. Ben signed in 2008.
2. Ben signed with $36 million in guaranteed money.
3. When he signed his contract, it was the largest in team history.
4. His contract, in general, tied for the fifth largest contract in NFL history, when he signed it.

Regardless of the point he was making, this kind of shoddy logic and reporting is just par for the course anymore—and frustrating, to say the least.

But it gets hits on a website, and that's all these "reporters" care about anymore.