PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben reflects on decade as quarterback

stillers4me
09-07-2014, 10:04 AM
The first decade of Ben Roethlisbeger's NFL career appears as a kaleidoscope, bursting with color and breathtaking images here, there, everywhere.

From bright lights to dark shadows, from uncommon success to humiliation, it has been some ride for the Steelers quarterback, his teammates, his employers and his fans.

No one knows that better than Roethlisberger, who heads into his second pro decade against Cleveland today at the top of his game.
"In 10 years, I've had a lifetime worth of experiences, both on and off the field."

What can a decade yield for one quarterback? Three Super Bowls, two Lombardi Trophies, virtually every Steelers passing record, the only rookie NFL quarterback to go 13-0, no losing seasons, a horrific motorcycle accident, many broken bones and sprains, a four-game suspension, a wedding, the births of two children. Is he, at 32, a better man and quarterback for it all?...........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/09/07/Big-Ben-reflects-on-decades-as-quarterback/stories/201409070246#ixzz3CdtR9Hrt

Kittyfish
09-07-2014, 11:18 AM
It's hard to believe it's been ten years! I remember clearly Maddox getting hurt and Ben putting on his helmet and running onto the field as if it were yesterday. Where on earth does the time go?

Polamalu Princess
09-07-2014, 11:26 AM
We were in Miami on vacation when Ben really took over the field. I was so excited I made GB buy me a Ben shirt and have it sent to our hotel.