PDA

View Full Version : Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown’s pursuit of excellence is boundless

stillers4me
09-06-2014, 08:25 AM
Antonio Brown cultivated his Pro Bowl resume by getting to the finish line. Every play of every practice, Brown completes the play from anywhere on the field with a sprint to the goal line.

Brown’s practice habits are becoming the stuff of legend around the Steelers’ South Side headquarters. The work ethic is the reason Brown has transformed himself from an afterthought of a sixth-round draft choice in 2010 to one of the best receivers in the NFL.

“He’s a finisher,” veteran cornerback Ike Taylor said. “He is always finishing the play. Coach has to tell him to come back to the huddle. If he catches a slant in practice, he runs 70 yards down the field. We have to wait on him to jog back. He is the ultimate finisher. He finishes every play. When you see him make the plays in the game, you say, ‘Oh, that’s A.B. That’s what he does.’”.........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/09/05/Steelers-wide-receiver-s-Antonio-Brown-s-pursuit-of-excellence-is-boundless/stories/201409050105#ixzz3CXeBAbmf

GBMelBlount
09-06-2014, 10:27 AM
This is what Brown can do for you!

Let's hope it's contagious!

zulater
09-06-2014, 03:19 PM
It really concerns me that they plan on using him as the primary punt returner. What happened to Archer? Someone, anyone else, just not Antonio. He's too valuable to our offense to risk him on returns. He already gets plenty of touches in the offense.

GBMelBlount
09-06-2014, 03:29 PM
It really concerns me that they plan on using him as the primary punt returner. What happened to Archer? Someone, anyone else, just not Antonio. He's too valuable to our offense to risk him on returns. He already gets plenty of touches in the offense.

I like Archer.

I don't think he has dropped a single fair catch yet.

polamalubeast
09-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Brown is probably the best PR of the team, so I have no problem.This is not the only team to use one of their best player on the PR. Pete Carroll uses also Earl Thomas on the PR.

Count Steeler
09-06-2014, 04:16 PM

An extra 4-5 touches a game and he has the first move so that he doesn't always fair catch. I don't remember Archer impressing me as a punt returner.

Overall, our special teams are still mediocre. Our punter is below average, our kicker can miss at any time. Our coverage usually allows a return, ie, we don't have many fair catches against us. Brown would be a very bright spot in an area of the team that is very lackluster.