PDA

View Full Version : Starks: Center job not Pouncey's yet

LLT
08-18-2010, 06:41 AM
Starks: Center job not Pouncey's yet
By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Left tackle Max Starks said Tuesday that it is premature to assume rookie first-round draft pick Maurkice Pouncey is going to overtake Justin Hartwig at center. Pouncey, who is also a right guard, is clearly battling Hartwig for the starting job after getting time at center with the first-team offense the last two days of practice. "I think (Pouncey) has the makings to be a starting center in this league but I need to see a little bit more before I can make my judgment," Starks said.

Read More: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_695297.html

Killer
08-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Starks better be worrying he isn't replaced. Nobody is safe.

Put Hills, Foster, Pouncey, Legursky and Scott out there and I doubt there'd be much of a drop-off from that "first team" O-line I watched.

Texasteel
08-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Starks better be worrying he isn't replaced. Nobody is safe.

Put Hills, Foster, Pouncey, Legursky and Scott out there and I doubt there'd be much of a drop-off from that "first team" O-line I watched.

After the first game that is pretty much what I was thinking. I have been one of Hartwigs biggest critics. Stark may need to see more of Pouncey, but I know I have seen enough of Hartwig. I just hope someday hearing Stark saying " that rookie hasn't won the LT job just yet."

MasterOfPuppets
08-18-2010, 01:57 PM
After the first game that is pretty much what I was thinking. I have been one of Hartwigs biggest critics. Stark may need to see more of Pouncey, but I know I have seen enough of Hartwig. I just hope someday hearing Stark saying " that rookie hasn't won the LT job just yet."

well said my friend ...:drink:

Killer
08-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Kemo is on my shit list too.

SMR
08-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Sorry, but the more I hear about Hartwig, the more the anger rises in me.

Vincent
08-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Sorry, but the more I hear about Hartwig, the more the anger rises in me.

Focus on the mosque.

cold-hard-steel
08-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Can never judge the front 5 on a preseason game. Just sayin.

Galax Steeler
08-19-2010, 03:21 AM
It may not be his yet but it is damn close to being his.

HometownGal
08-19-2010, 06:46 AM

Brilliantly stated Ed. :thumbsup:

I've never been impressed with Hartwig but I am very impressed with Pouncey thus far. :applaudit:

Shut up Max and concentrate on your own backyard. :coffee:

tony hipchest
08-19-2010, 09:13 AM
alan faneca just called.

he said he is not "excited" to see the rookie start.

:noidea: