PDA

View Full Version : Merril Hoge calls Johnny Manziel 'a juvenile punk'

stillers4me
09-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Former Steelers running back Merril Hoge lit into Johnny Manziel Wednesday morning, following former Bengals quarterback Boomer Esiason in saying the rookie quarterback doesn't belong on the same field as the Steelers.
"If you're the Steelers' defense, you want No. 2 (Manziel) to walk out on that field," Hoge, the ESPN analyst, told Pittsburgh radio station WDVE-FM Wednesday morning. "You want him on that field. He has no business being on the field right now."..............

read more @ http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/09/merril_hoge_calls_johnny_manzi.html?utm_source=dlv r.it&utm_medium=twitter

tube517
09-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Is it Sunday 1:00 PM yet? Because Merril just got me pumped up.

salamander
09-03-2014, 05:30 PM
It's a shame that the Brownies are too afraid to let Johnny Boy play on Sunday.

Dwinsgames
09-03-2014, 07:06 PM
call em like ya see em :)

JayC
09-03-2014, 07:57 PM
sounds good but i have little confidence in our d. he would probably end up looking like tebow against us

salamander
09-03-2014, 09:19 PM
sounds good but i have little confidence in our d. he would probably end up looking like tebow against us

Sadly, I could see that happening.

Devilsdancefloor
09-03-2014, 10:08 PM
im worried about the leaky run D sitting up play action, but i agree johnny boy needs to grow up

Lady Steel
09-04-2014, 01:11 AM
I agree with Merril. Johnny Football screams self-centered, entitled douche.

Vis
09-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Former Steelers running back Merril Hoge lit into Johnny Manziel Wednesday morning, following former Bengals quarterback Boomer Esiason in saying the rookie quarterback doesn't belong on the same field as the Steelers.
"If you're the Steelers' defense, you want No. 2 (Manziel) to walk out on that field," Hoge, the ESPN analyst, told Pittsburgh radio station WDVE-FM Wednesday morning. "You want him on that field. He has no business being on the field right now."..............

read more @ http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/09/merril_hoge_calls_johnny_manzi.html?utm_source=dlv r.it&utm_medium=twitter

If we see him it will be a special wildcat package. They aren't putting him in the pocket.

Mojouw
09-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Breaking news. Old man shakes fist at clouds, yells at kids to get off his lawn, and calls out Manziel for being immature.

Let us not forget that the gritty franchise QB leading the Steelers onto the field wore a "Drink Like a Champion" shirt on multiple occasions when he was Manziel's age.

zulater
09-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Hoge has a good record when it comes to calling out overrated Heisman winning qb's as poor NFL prospects. He loudly called Vince Young and Tim Tebow busts before it became obvious to everyone.

Of course when he said Vince Young wasn't an NFL qb it was because he was racist. :sarcasm:

BigNastyDefense
09-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Manziel is a punk. I hope he sees some action on Sunday, I think he'll get broken in half.

Jaucer
09-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Breaking news. Old man shakes fist at clouds, yells at kids to get off his lawn, and calls out Manziel for being immature.

Let us not forget that the gritty franchise QB leading the Steelers onto the field wore a "Drink Like a Champion" shirt on multiple occasions when he was Manziel's age.

There is a difference between flying al over the country, such as Las Vegas, and wearing a t-shirt. I'm not defending Ben, but the places he went vs. the places Johnny went to are polar opposites. While Ben was hanging out in local small town places with "his team" boys, Manziel has been flaunting it in high profile places with no teammates.

fansince'76
09-04-2014, 10:06 PM

How many dumb nicknames for himself (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11465461/johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns-files-10th-trademark-johnny-cleveland) did Roethlisberger file for trademarks before ever taking a real snap in the NFL?

Mojouw
09-05-2014, 10:09 AM
I didn't mean that the two guys are the exact same, just that Manziel is getting bashed for a bunch of off-field stuff. Who really cares? It is what he does for 60 minutes between the lines on Sunday that should be all that matters. Just was using some stuff from Ben's career as examples.

1. Multiple photos from his college days and his early playing career of him obviously heavily intoxicated at parties. Granted they weren't at Vegas, but they weren't with teammates either unless those teammates were 20 something coeds.
2. He put his face through a Buick. I know that it wasn't all his fault, but riding a motorcycle as your primary form of transport is not always the most mature decision.
3. Georgia. Whatever happened down there was not based on mature decision making.
4. His own and teammates acknowledgement that early in his career he was kind of a know it all punk that didn't really work that hard off the field.

What has Manziel done wrong other than be over-hyped by ESPN (not his fault, just like it wasn't Tebow or Vince Young's faults when they did the same with them)? And do the kinds of stupid things that rich kids in their 20's tend to do?

Do I think that Manziel is kind of a douchebag? Yup. Does he seem like the kind of guy you would want to punch 15 seconds after meeting him? Absolutely. But c'mon, he hasn't even played a down of meaningful NFL Football and people are howling like he is going to cause the downfall of the league.

siss
09-07-2014, 10:46 AM
If we see him it will be a special wildcat package. They aren't putting him in the pocket.

Yes but he was a champion that drank like a champion off the field…and won on the field…Johnny Punk hasn't even taken one snap of football in the regular season!