PDA

View Full Version : Browns' attention turns to 'Big Ben'

stillers4me
09-01-2014, 11:26 AM
No quarterback ever beat the Browns as much as Terry Bradshaw. That is, until Ben Roethlisberger came along. “Big Ben” passed Bradshaw when he beat the Browns in the 2013 season finale. Now they must face him in the 2014 opener.

The pretend games are over. It’s time for the Browns to think about the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The contemplation begins with Ben Roethlisberger.

“Big Ben” casts a shadow over Cleveland’s hopes to end an 0-10 slump in season openers. The Findlay, Ohio, native’s record against the Ohio rival is 17-1, including 9-0 in Pennsylvania.

The Browns haven’t faced a quarterback with such frequency long before the move to Baltimore, when Terry Bradshaw was the Pittsburgh slinger..............

Read more: http://www.cantonrep.com/article/20140901/Sports/140909982#ixzz3C58xQL3c

Craic
09-01-2014, 01:32 PM
For an Ohio newspaper writing on a Steeler QB (even if he was from Ohio), that's an amazingly good piece of writing.

Moose
09-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Maybe they're hoping it put's a 'jinx' on Ben by talking about it.

BigNastyDefense
09-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Many Browns fans that I know absolutely hate Big Ben. Because he's beaten them so many times, because he's the QB of the hated Pittsburgh Steelers, because he's won two Super Bowls with the Steelers.

However, ask them if they wish he was their quarterback, they say yes.

I don't expect us to start 0-4 this season. Hell, I don't expect us to start 0-1. The Browns defense should be good. But if their offense is as bad as it's looked all preseason, that defense is going to spend a lot of time on the football field. I think Ben can have a hell of a game against them. Haden is going to do well, he's a top talent at corner. Gilbert is a rookie, if he starts I think Ben can fool him with the pump fake. Whitner can HIT, but he's a liability in pass coverage.

Steelers 34 - Browns 9

Lady Steel
09-03-2014, 04:12 AM
Here's to Ben keeps his Pennsylvania streak alive. :tt03: