PDA

View Full Version : Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster

stillers4me
08-31-2014, 11:22 AM
Meet your new Pittsburgh Steelers. With the emphasis on “new.”

The Steelers, who reshaped their veterans-heavy roster only grudgingly for years, are undergoing one of their most intense roster shakeups in decades. Twenty-two of the 53 players weren't on their final cutdown roster a year ago, a 42 percent change.
Who said the Steelers couldn't create a turnover?

But are they new and improved? They'll begin to find out a week from Sunday against Cleveland, when they try to end a three-year losing streak in season openers. They've never lost four in a row in franchise history...........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6703020-74/steelers-season-roster#ixzz3BzHElwRh

fansince'76
08-31-2014, 11:38 AM
But are they new and improved?

Think the Nation will actually have the patience to find out? I don't...

tube517
08-31-2014, 11:40 AM

Pitchforks are ready...... :chuckle:

http://pubsecrets.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/satire-south-park-pitchforks-torches-mob.jpg

stillers4me
08-31-2014, 11:45 AM

No, I do not. Rookie mistakes and learning curves will be very uncomfortable for this fan base to watch. Let's just get the next year or two over with and hope that our draft picks actually live up to the hype. If not...things are going to get very ugly, very fast.

X-Terminator
08-31-2014, 11:46 AM

Do you really need to ask that question? Outside of this message board, the answer is "NO".

ALLD
08-31-2014, 02:35 PM
We don't go deep into the playoffs for at least another season. Too many new players plus pot heads. Might need some strong coaching to change the culture of the team.

GBMelBlount
08-31-2014, 06:17 PM
We don't go deep into the playoffs for at least another season. Too many new players plus pot heads. Might need some strong coaching to change the culture of the team.

Kinda how I feel except we have a weak schedule, beatable division foes and the possibility of the offense catching on fire.

I think this is going to be a very interesting year of development.

Dwinsgames
08-31-2014, 07:18 PM
would be much truer is they had not resigned the Beard and kept Mauro ....

Steeltreal
08-31-2014, 08:26 PM
Speed = undisciplined. Dick needs to go if they continually get torched for Long plays. Mitchell wont have Troys back like Clark did.

Iron Steeler
08-31-2014, 08:39 PM
Speed = undisciplined. Dick needs to go if they continually get torched for Long plays. Mitchell wont have Troys back like Clark did.

Agreed , I feel the game has evolved passed Dick. Need someone who is gonna shake things up. Play bump and run send some blitzes on 1st second down. Teams just seem to sit in the middle of our zone and just catch 10 yards at a time.

again i am saying this from my couch , hope he proves me wrong this year. Hes got the tools to take some risks