PDA

View Full Version : Are the Steelers scanning the waiver wires for punters or back up qb's?

zulater
08-27-2014, 10:34 AM
If not they should be. I saw where our 2012 punter Drew Butler was just waived by the Cardinals. He was averaging over 48 yards per punt in pre season. That's 8 yards better than either one of our stiffs.

Same thing with qb's. Landry Jones isn't meant for this league. I'll guarantee someone that's cut will be better than him.

NJarhead
08-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Giants might be cutting Ryan Nassib. I think he's an upgrade project over L. Jones, personally.

fansince'76
08-27-2014, 10:42 AM
There are high school kids out there that would be upgrades over our so-called punters.

Hell, I could boot it 20 yards. I'll gladly take league minimum to do that.

tube517
08-27-2014, 11:06 AM
http://i19.tinypic.com/66axaf5.jpg :wave: :chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
08-27-2014, 11:10 AM
I certainly hope so. Both are terrible and shouldn't be on the final roster.

86WARD
08-27-2014, 11:23 AM
Let's hope. If take Nassib as a prospect in a second.

steelreserve
08-27-2014, 12:30 PM
James Harrison would probably make both a better punter and third-string QB than the guys we have for the job.

But seriously, you could plug in a random street free agent in place of any of those guys and I wouldn't expect any drop-off whatsoever, and who knows, maybe an improvement. We might as well pull the trigger.

Count Steeler
08-27-2014, 05:45 PM
Let's only carry 2 qbs. Use the roster spot on a backup long snapper.

fansince'76
08-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Let's only carry 2 qbs. Use the roster spot on a backup long snapper.

If we tempt fate and carry only 2 QBs, you KNOW that Ben is going to wind up with a serious injury, right?

GBMelBlount
08-27-2014, 06:19 PM
There are high school kids out there that would be upgrades over our so-called punters.

Hell, I could boot it 20 yards. I'll gladly take league minimum to do that.

LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

http://i19.tinypic.com/66axaf5.jpg :wave: :chuckle:

:nono:

- - - Updated - - -

I saw where our 2012 punter Drew Butler was just waived by the Cardinals. He was averaging over 48 yards per punt in pre season. That's 8 yards better than either one of our stiffs.

I say grab him if we can.

Sounds like his "supplements" are working...

steelreserve
08-27-2014, 06:24 PM
If we tempt fate and carry only 2 QBs, you KNOW that Ben is going to wind up with a serious injury, right?

Well, with Jones on the roster, we're basically only carrying 2 QBs now ...

I think we'd be OK. Even when we have a third QB, we always leave him inactive on gameday, then in case of injury, have a week to get him even remotely prepared to be the real backup. Plus if Ben goes down for any length of time, we're screwed anyway. So we'd be no worse off without one.

Psycho Ward 86
08-27-2014, 09:25 PM

well if we tempt fate and only carry one long snapper we'll end up with james harrison on speed dial.

fuck. how do we end up with these problems.

muncher
08-27-2014, 11:26 PM
man, if the steelers could get so lucky to grab a guy like hoyer for backup qb

Steeltreal
08-27-2014, 11:50 PM
James Harrison would probably make both a better punter and third-string QB than the guys we have for the job.

But seriously, you could plug in a random street free agent in place of any of those guys and I wouldn't expect any drop-off whatsoever, and who knows, maybe an improvement. We might as well pull the trigger.Im surprised hes not some teams Long Snapper

steelreserve
08-28-2014, 02:38 AM
Im surprised hes not some teams Long Snapper

I know, right? He's coming in for a tryout with Arizona for a desperation prove-you-can-still-play contract, isn't he? That's the NFL equivalent of giving handjobs for crack in dark alley.

SteelMember
08-29-2014, 10:51 AM
What's the story with Podlesh... Last news was he was out attending to his wife. Nothing Since? Is he done? Fail to report list is all I see.

Dwinsgames
08-29-2014, 06:25 PM
What's the story with Podlesh... Last news was he was out attending to his wife. Nothing Since? Is he done? Fail to report list is all I see.

tending to wife who is having a difficult pregnancy ... my guess he is on the outside looking in and will not be on the opening day roster with any team ..

remember the punter is our normal holder for FGs and Pats and he has had no reps