PDA

View Full Version : Don't Expect Much When Steelers Close Out Preseason

GBMelBlount
08-26-2014, 07:25 AM
On Thursday, the Pittsburgh Steelers will close out their preseason against the Carolina Panthers at Heinz Field. Even though the regular season is right around the corner, don’t expect much from this game.

This is in no way sinking down into the depths of those that dwell in Negative Nancy Land. My assertion about this final preseason game, comes not from the bile I still taste from the defeat in Philly. It’s just the reality of the situation. The game in Philly was to be the dress rehearsal to the start of the regular season. And even though the Steelers were stripped down, dunked in syrup, and wrapped with cellophane, Steeler Nation will see very little of the Pittsburgh Steelers who will start the beginnings of the regular season.

Think about it. There’s several reasons why. Firstly, it’s the final preseason of the game, and I doubt that coach Tomlin will risk putting in players who already are starters and other locked roster spots. Perhaps a series or two at most, and pray that some idiot doesn’t take out a knee a la Sean Spence (you think this game will play heavily on his mind from the sidelines with his current knee injury?).

http://www.chatsports.com/pittsburgh-steelers/a/Dont-Expect-Much-When-Steelers-Close-Out-Preseason-2-10298068

ALLD
08-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Everybody on this forum has one thing in common with this year's Steeler team. We all will be watching the Super Bowl instead of playing in it. We will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Lady Steel
08-26-2014, 11:47 PM
I didn't expect much the minute I heard Landry Jones will be playing the majority of the game. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it.