PDA

View Full Version : Half-baked plan: Both Blount and Bell to play tonight

polamalubeast
08-21-2014, 11:53 AM
The Steelers are going to take their time deciding how to handle running backs LeGarrette Blount and Le’Veon Bell after last night’s marijuana possession arrests.

And they’re definitely going to wait longer than a day.

According to Aditi Kinkhabwala of the NFL Network, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin will play both of them tonight against the Eagles.

Bell, who was also charged with DUI, has paid his own way to Philadelphia to join the team, so apparently he’s going to get something for his money. Blount was on the team charter.

The move to play them seems dicey in light of potential punishment, but the Steelers also have to pick a roster after tonight’s game, and having their regular runners in there will give them a better chance to evaluate the rest of the offense.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/21/half-baked-plan-both-blount-and-bell-to-play-tonight/

GBMelBlount
08-21-2014, 12:12 PM
"Half Baked Plan"

:rofl2:

This whole ordeal is getting to the point of being a comedy.

I have not laughed this hard in a while.

tube517
08-21-2014, 12:25 PM
"Half Baked Plan"

:rofl2:

This whole ordeal is getting to the point of being a comedy.

I have not laughed this hard in a while.

Well, we do have to defend every blade of GRASS!

:tomlinism:

GBMelBlount
08-21-2014, 12:44 PM

:sofunny:

Dwinsgames
08-21-2014, 12:44 PM
I would open the game with 420 err 42 straight runs with the Doobie brothers

HollywoodSteel
08-21-2014, 12:45 PM

Well played!

GBMelBlount
08-21-2014, 12:47 PM
I would open the game with 420 err 42 straight runs with the Doobie brothers

Cheech & Chong were sure "Takin it to the street" yesterday.

HollywoodSteel
08-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Maybe I should change the message of my picture below to "Cops fear me…" If Tomlin had been in that car, they would have had to take it from his cold dead hands.

HollywoodSteel
08-21-2014, 01:00 PM
But seriously, I don't see the decision to play them as being dicey at all. Tomlin should play them. He should play the hell out of them and not let them use the tub the next day. I don't see anyone saying that the Browns shouldn't be playing Josh Gordon in the preseason and he's gonna get suspended for sure. Media hypocrites on a slow news day.

On talk radio this morning I heard Adam Schein saying that the Steelers, who hold themselves up as this shining example of classiness, have to sit them for game one of the season since they did it with Santonio. He said all of this dripping with condescension and sarcasm, and said that the "great Steelers" are hypocrites if they don't. I say, screw that. I'm sick of this team being held to some other standard. Did the Ravens decide that the morally correct thing to do, when everyone knew Rice got off light, was to sit him for a couple extra games for the sake of morality? Hell no! Did the Pats know at least something about Aaron Hernandez's personality before he actually got caught? Unless they had their head up their asses, but they sure as hell weren't going to do anything about it. As far as I'm concerned Tomlin should punish them internally, make them scrub toilets with a toothbrush or something, but don't hurt the team and the fans because of these knuckleheads. No other team puts themselves at a disadvantage voluntarily.

And everyone needs to realize that we didn't suspend Santonio for a game. He was just a scratch and didn't dress. He got paid. It was no punishment at all. The Steelers didn't want to deal with the distraction or something. It should not be held as some kind of precedent. They need to look at these things on a case by case basis (just like Adolf Goodell does).

Also, even if they do decide to sit them, why does everyone assume it would have to be for the same game? How stupid is that? At least spears it over two games so we can have one of our top two backs carrying the load in each game.

Mamaduck43
08-21-2014, 01:47 PM
I am old enough to remember when Pittsburgh was nicknamed, "The Smokey City" - - - it sort of fits again..... Sheesh...

I kind of like the idea of cutting them down to size a bit - - the toilet cleaning sounds good to me.... There is a whole 'entitled' mind set in the newly rich youngsters who can easily be swayed into the thinking that their shit don't stink.... A large dose of 'humble' may work wonders....

I am just wondering about their thinking that going from McKnight Road to the airiport in less than an hour was a good idea..... Blount must have been flying after he was released.... Must have been an interesting topic of conversation on the flight to Philly..... A real 'Oh, shit' moment, for sure.....

steelreserve
08-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Just "suspend" them for the last preseason game when they won't play anyway. Everybody wins.

ALLD
08-21-2014, 04:33 PM
Probably the highest ratings in history for a pre-season game tonight.