PDA

View Full Version : The situation around Bell and Blount's charges are really what's wrong

stillers4me
08-21-2014, 05:44 AM
It’s not that Le’Veon Bell and LeGarette Blount were busted for marijuana possession Wednesday afternoon that is surprising. It’s the when that should be most troubling for the Steelers.

NFL players smoking weed? Really? Players get popped for partaking in the ultimate non-performance-enhancing drug every couple of weeks.
Some claim they prefer cannabis over prescription painkillers. Whatever. It’s in the culture – NFL and everywhere else -- and it’s not going away anytime soon.

Surely, there will come a day in the not-too distant future when marijuana will be legalized everywhere in the country as it already is in Colorado and Washington, two states, by the way, who sent the last two participants to the Super Bowl. When that happens? Smoke up.

However, the problem the Steelers should have is that there top two running backs – their 1-2 punch, their professed 1 and 1a -- were stopped by Ross Township police around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. Or about an hour before they were supposed to board a charter flight for tonight’s second preseason game in Philadelphia.

This is supposed to be the game, by the way, that the starters are scheduled to play a half...........

Read more @ http://burgh.us/pyk

86WARD
08-21-2014, 06:35 AM
I'm thinking a minimum of one game will be missed. If the league does or doesn't drop the hammer, the Rooneys will...

Good news is that it would be against the Browns.

Hindes204
08-21-2014, 07:09 AM
I thought about that, no way they were gonna smoke 20 grams before they got on the plane. So does that mean they were going to bring it with them? I wonder if that's common practice throughout the NFL. I would guess yes given the current culture surrounding weed usage. Just make the shit legal already and stop the madness.

although, even if it was legal Bell would still get hemmed up for a DUI

Count Steeler
08-21-2014, 07:44 AM
Probably the girl was going to take the car and weed back home. Or was she going to Philly as well?

A lot of bad decisions by the Blunt Brothers yesterday.

fansince'76
08-21-2014, 08:11 AM
Surely, there will come a day in the not-too distant future when marijuana will be legalized everywhere in the country as it already is in Colorado and Washington, two states, by the way, who sent the last two participants to the Super Bowl. When that happens? Smoke up.

Still makes no difference from an employment standpoint. I may live in Colorado, but I can still be fired/denied employment if I come up dirty for THC.

In fact, there was more than one case last January when the new law first went into effect of idiots skipping work to be among the "first in line" to buy legally, only to be fired from their job when their employer caught them on the boob tube during the local news coverage of it. :doh:

salamander
08-21-2014, 08:28 AM
They're still dumbasses and I hope the Steelers discipline them accordingly.

zulater
08-21-2014, 08:32 AM
They're still dumbasses and I hope the Steelers discipline them accordingly.

I hope this gets the attention of every user on the team. Wait until you get home or to where you're going to fire up. Better yet grow up and put that shit behind you.

GBMelBlount
08-21-2014, 09:03 AM
A lot of bad decisions by the Blunt Brothers yesterday.

You mean "Wake & Bake 2.0"

(2.0 ypc)

MrPgh
08-21-2014, 09:27 AM
I'm thinking a minimum of one game will be missed. If the league does or doesn't drop the hammer, the Rooneys will...

Good news is that it would be against the Browns.

Like they did after Harrison hit his wife? Yeah, if the league doesn't do anything, the Rooneys won't either.

Dwinsgames
08-21-2014, 09:42 AM
It’s not that Le’Veon Bell and LeGarette Blount were busted for marijuana possession Wednesday afternoon that is surprising. It’s the when that should be most troubling for the Steelers.

NFL players smoking weed? Really? Players get popped for partaking in the ultimate non-performance-enhancing drug every couple of weeks.
Some claim they prefer cannabis over prescription painkillers. Whatever. It’s in the culture – NFL and everywhere else -- and it’s not going away anytime soon.

However, the problem the Steelers should have is that there top two running backs – their 1-2 punch, their professed 1 and 1a -- were stopped by Ross Township police around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. Or about an hour before they were supposed to board a charter flight for tonight’s second preseason game in Philadelphia.

This is supposed to be the game, by the way, that the starters are scheduled to play a half...........

Read more @ http://burgh.us/pyk

2nd preseason game ... wow I dreamed we already had 2

vader29
08-21-2014, 10:05 AM
2nd preseason game ... wow I dreamed we already had 2
First game didn't count, we are undefeated at 1-0. :chuckle:

venom
08-21-2014, 10:07 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvkinF4IQAELZt1.jpg

tube517
08-21-2014, 12:27 PM
:retire::legalweed::joint:

Just noticed these :chuckle:

Steeldude
08-21-2014, 12:33 PM
A couple of morons. I hope the NFL comes down hard on them both.

86WARD
08-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Lol.

Craic
08-23-2014, 01:23 PM
Well, according to Bell, it only stays in your system for just a little while! Idiot.

Psychological Effects of Marijuana

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the main effects of marijuana on mood vary and may include euphoria, calmness, anxiety, or paranoia. Getting high or "stoned" is the reason most pot smokers use marijuana.
Other short-term psychological effects of pot include:

Distorted sense of time
Paranoia
Magical or "random" thinking
Short-term memory loss
Anxiety and depression

These psychological signs of using pot also generally ease after a few hours. But residual effects can last for days.

It also affects decision-making, which helps makes sense of a few decisions Bell made on cutbacks. Seriously. Put the stuff down.

blackngldblood
08-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Well, according to Bell, it only stays in your system for just a little while! Idiot.

It also affects decision-making, which helps makes sense of a few decisions Bell made on cutbacks. Seriously. Put the stuff down.

Seriously? Have you ver smoked weed? When I was a 22 year old kid, getting high all day was the thing to do for me and my stupid friends. I stopped smoking over ten years ago, btw, but never did the affects last "days". Lmao! Reefer Madness was an accurate portrayal of pot usage as well.

BTW, I do not condone or approve of the actions of these boners driving and smoking on their way to the team plane. It should be legal, IMHO, but these dumb stoners shoulda loaded the bong on Bell's couch, not his Freakin car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALLD
08-23-2014, 02:55 PM
It means they are not fully committed to winning a Super Bowl and are more concerned about their own needs instead of what's best for the team.

zulater
08-23-2014, 04:19 PM
It means they are not fully committed to winning a Super Bowl and are more concerned about their own needs instead of what's best for the team.

I would wager a guess that there's at least 20 players on every NFL roster that will get high sometime this week.

GBMelBlount
08-23-2014, 08:36 PM

This.

Craic
08-24-2014, 03:14 PM
Seriously? Have you ver smoked weed? When I was a 22 year old kid, getting high all day was the thing to do for me and my stupid friends. I stopped smoking over ten years ago, btw, but never did the affects last "days". Lmao! Reefer Madness was an accurate portrayal of pot usage as well.

BTW, I do not condone or approve of the actions of these boners driving and smoking on their way to the team plane. It should be legal, IMHO, but these dumb stoners shoulda loaded the bong on Bell's couch, not his Freakin car.

Whether I've smoked it or not has no bearing on scientific evidence. The evidence is that YES, it does last for quite some time in the system, longer than a person thinks. The evidence also is that it can lower IQ almost a full magnitude, and it takes months, if not years for the brain to reverse itself, and then, not always.

And for the anecdotal . . . yes, I did, and yes, I experienced effects 12 hours after smoking it. Twice, actually. And the THC levels in pot today are much higher than what you or I ever used.

Nevertheless . . . going to the charter plane WHILE HIGH is pretty ignorant, regardless of the above facts. And if pot didn't affect him, then great. That just means we have another halfback that makes boneheaded decisions while running with the football. Because he missed two or three options to really break a good run.

blackngldblood
08-24-2014, 05:41 PM
Whether I've smoked it or not has no bearing on scientific evidence. The evidence is that YES, it does last for quite some time in the system, longer than a person thinks. The evidence also is that it can lower IQ almost a full magnitude, and it takes months, if not years for the brain to reverse itself, and then, not always.

And for the anecdotal . . . yes, I did, and yes, I experienced effects 12 hours after smoking it. Twice, actually. And the THC levels in pot today are much higher than what you or I ever used.

Nevertheless . . . going to the charter plane WHILE HIGH is pretty ignorant, regardless of the above facts. And if pot didn't affect him, then great. That just means we have another halfback that makes boneheaded decisions while running with the football. Because he missed two or three options to really break a good run.

I think I was coming from a pretty annoyed point of view yesterday when I wrote my comments. I don't mean to sound hostile or arrogant. For that I apologize. I don't doubt the scientific facts are there either, I was coming from a point where I've smoke a LOT of pot over my late teens and early adult life. I'm just not ready to give up on Bell after he was busted doing something I've done plenty of. Hopefully he'll use this as a learning experience and grow from it.

As for the DUI, couldn't agree more. I said in another thread "which would you rather have him doing, drunk or high driving" and SC I believe pointed out an made me think that neither is correct. I should never, under any circumstances ever, condone any driving under a controlled substance. He will be punished for that, for sure.

I am also not going to back away from my stance that weed should be legal. It's helped a lot of people dealing with different ailments. It's not all bad. But until that day, and while he's a Steeler, he should refrain from using pot. I apologize to anyone that I may have offended with my posts. I was a bit riled up yesterday, haha!

Craic
08-24-2014, 09:19 PM
I think I was coming from a pretty annoyed point of view yesterday when I wrote my comments. I don't mean to sound hostile or arrogant. For that I apologize. I don't doubt the scientific facts are there either, I was coming from a point where I've smoke a LOT of pot over my late teens and early adult life. I'm just not ready to give up on Bell after he was busted doing something I've done plenty of. Hopefully he'll use this as a learning experience and grow from it. :hatsoff:

And yeah, I'm not ready to give up on Bell either. I am, however, a whole lot more ready to give up on Blount. Especially IF (and again, I admit it's a big if) he is influencing Bell.

As for the DUI, couldn't agree more. I said in another thread "which would you rather have him doing, drunk or high driving" and SC I believe pointed out an made me think that neither is correct. I should never, under any circumstances ever, condone any driving under a controlled substance. He will be punished for that, for sure.:hatsoff::hatsoff:

I am also not going to back away from my stance that weed should be legal. It's helped a lot of people dealing with different ailments. It's not all bad. But until that day, and while he's a Steeler, he should refrain from using pot. I apologize to anyone that I may have offended with my posts. I was a bit riled up yesterday, haha!

That's a topic we can discuss in a different thread at a different time (legalizing it). But yeah, regardless of it being legal or illegal, there's a different standard for a NFL player. So I definitely agree with you.

BTW, classy post. And sorry for any snark that may have come across in my post as well.

blackngldblood
08-24-2014, 09:39 PM
:hatsoff:

And yeah, I'm not ready to give up on Bell either. I am, however, a whole lot more ready to give up on Blount. Especially IF (and again, I admit it's a big if) he is influencing Bell.

:hatsoff::hatsoff:

That's a topic we can discuss in a different thread at a different time (legalizing it). But yeah, regardless of it being legal or illegal, there's a different standard for a NFL player. So I definitely agree with you.

BTW, classy post. And sorry for any snark that may have come across in my post as well.

I agree about Blount as well. I'll support him while he's here, but he came in with a bad rap so I'm not gonna cry if he gets booted after the season.

As for the snark, I re-read my post from yesterday a little bit ago and saw that it was kind of a douchy post, lol. I deserved the snark I got!