PDA

View Full Version : Blount, Bell Charged With Marijuana Possession

polamalubeast
08-20-2014, 06:32 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/08/report-steelers-blount-bell-charged-marijuana-possession/

stillers4me
08-20-2014, 06:33 PM
I. aM sO. pISSED.

polamalubeast
08-20-2014, 06:34 PM
Steelers=worst running game in the NFL in 2014

Hindes204
08-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Annnnnnnnnnnd......we're fucked

thanks a lot you piece of shit entitled millionaires.

- - - Updated - - -

Bell charged with DUI of marijuana. 20 grams of weed found in their possession. Fuckin idiots

polamalubeast
08-20-2014, 06:47 PM

JayC
08-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Goodell gonna drop the hammer. wife beating = 2 games. steelers smoke pot = half a year

http://i.imgur.com/EeNXmGY.jpg

Butch
08-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Annnnnnnnnnnd......we're fucked

thanks a lot you piece of shit entitled millionaires.

- - - Updated - - -

Bell charged with DUI of marijuana. 20 grams of weed found in their possession. Fuckin idiots

Couldn't say it better myself.

Personally I wish they would legalize the stuff, but until they do you get paid a lot of money to keep your nose clean. Idiots

SteelerFanInStl
08-20-2014, 06:59 PM
A couple of dumbazzes. That's just stupid!

stillers4me
08-20-2014, 06:59 PM

Hindes204
08-20-2014, 07:02 PM
Couldn't say it better myself.

Personally I wish they would legalize the stuff, but until they do you get paid a lot of money to keep your nose clean. Idiots

I agree with legalization. I also agree that they get paid a shit ton of money not to smoke it. An nnd I agree that they are idiots.

so basically, I agree with your whole statement

stillers4me
08-20-2014, 07:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RmxW4GJ1GA&feature=youtu.be

- - - Updated - - -

Dumb and Dumber...

Edman
08-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Since it wasn't said yet, Let's get it out of the way now.

Legarette Blunt.

There.

86WARD
08-20-2014, 07:07 PM
Well that's a kick in the dick. Fucking idiots.

Count Steeler
08-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Good thing we have depth at RB. Oh, my mistake.

IDIOTS!!! Wonder if it was the influence of the ex Pats*.

stillers4me
08-20-2014, 07:12 PM
I expect the Steelers to issue a team suspension for one game like they did for Santonio. Hope Ben has a lot of quizzes ready for that no huddle ready.

dislocatedday
08-20-2014, 07:14 PM
I thought this had to be a joke when I read the thread title.........but sadly it is not. I am dumbfounded. Blount should be shown the door as far as I am concerned. He already has a history of issues. I'm sure there were clauses in his contract regarding off-field behavior, and I would bet the team could void his contract and recoup signing bonus money as well.

Steelerette
08-20-2014, 07:14 PM
Oh fuck.

The O-line coming together thing was too good to be true... and you all knew it. ;)

st33lersguy
08-20-2014, 07:19 PM
Are you kidding me? Are you f&&&ing kidding me? Who is our running back now? Ben and AB better be in tip-top shape for 4 games

polamalubeast
08-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Are you kidding me? Are you f&&&ing kidding me? Who is our running back now? Ben and AB better be in tip-top shape for 4 games

Archer

dislocatedday
08-20-2014, 07:24 PM
So if these two dumbasses are suspended for any length of time this season (they did not fail a drug test here....they were arrested, so they will be subject to Roger's personal conduct policy), who might the Steelers be able to get to man the RB position during their absence? Is there anybody out there floating around waiting to get another chance?

st33lersguy
08-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Archer

He's a 3rd down back/kick returner, he's not a feature back, nor should he given his frame

Hindes204
08-20-2014, 07:29 PM
KUUUUHHHNNNNNNN!!!!!!

im sure we can work out a deal with GB

polamalubeast
08-20-2014, 07:29 PM
He's a 3rd down back/kick returner, he's not a feature back, nor should he given his frame

I know...The steelers have no other RB on this roster

tube517
08-20-2014, 07:31 PM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24433560/steelers-s-ryan-clark-admits-some-of-his-teammates-use-marijuana?v=1&vc=1

Don't say we weren't warned.

dislocatedday
08-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Shazier appears to be able to do it all.........perhaps he will have to become a 2-way player and fill the RB spot for awhile (only kidding for anyone who thinks I am actually being serious). I am still stunned these guys could be this stupid. If you are going to smoke weed, keep it in your own house and don't go out in public (much less drive a vehicle).

X-Terminator
08-20-2014, 07:32 PM
DUMB.

That's all there is to it.

I'm also for legalization, but I don't care if it's legal or not. You simply DO NOT smoke pot and then drive. Fucking STUPID.

I hate Goodell, but I hope he suspends them both just for being idiots. Wait until your career is over, at the very least, because as long as it's illegal, you are subject to league discipline.

MORONS!

polamalubeast
08-20-2014, 07:34 PM
The steelers are in big trouble if both are out at the same time....

Count Steeler
08-20-2014, 07:35 PM

Give the trophy back.

Steeltreal
08-20-2014, 07:37 PM
Trade for Dwyer!

Dwinsgames
08-20-2014, 07:39 PM
ohhh boy ...

now what ?

going to the drawing board ...

Cedric Benson ? I know Oh how do I know ... but at this juncture not much to choose from

Hindes204
08-20-2014, 07:42 PM
DUMB.

That's all there is to it.

I'm also for legalization, but I don't care if it's legal or not. You simply DO NOT smoke pot and then drive. Fucking STUPID.

I hate Goodell, but I hope he suspends them both just for being idiots. Wait until your career is over, at the very least, because as long as it's illegal, you are subject to league discipline.

MORONS!

I agree. I am also for legalization, but I am bound by a contract in the military that says my career will be in jeopardy if I choose to smoke. So I choose not to. Why can't these millionaires be expected to do the same

zulater
08-20-2014, 07:43 PM
If neither has a prior drug positive neither will be suspended. Even with the arrest recreational drugs are punished according to the CBA. Goodell can't act unilaterally. I'm almost certain both will be eligible to play all 16 games.

katmandu
08-20-2014, 07:44 PM
ROGLMGAO !!!!

That is ALL you can do at this point is LYFAO (LaughYourF**kingAssOFF) at how STUPID these (2) MORONS are !

If I wasn't LMFAO so hard I'd be SUICIDAL !!!!!!!!!!

Shoes

Give the trophy back.

They both need a Joe Green foot in the A$$. Stupid idiots….todays NFL.

katmandu
ROGLMGAO !!!!

That is ALL you can do at this point is LYFAO (LaughYourF**kingAssOFF) at how STUPID these (2) MORONS are !

If I wasn't LMFAO so hard I'd be SUICIDAL !!!!!!!!!! (J/K!! on the suicidal)

fansince'76
08-20-2014, 07:45 PM
Lovely. :frusty:

Count Steeler
08-20-2014, 07:45 PM
If neither has a prior drug positive neither will be suspended. Even with the arrest recreational drugs are punished according to the CBA. Goodell can't act unilaterally. I'm almost certain both will be eligible to play all 16 games.

Doesn't discount their stupidity and arrogance.

katmandu
08-20-2014, 07:48 PM
If neither has a prior drug positive neither will be suspended. Even with the arrest recreational drugs are punished according to the CBA. Goodell can't act unilaterally. I'm almost certain both will be eligible to play all 16 games.According to a Tweet from Charlie Batch (past Union Rep), they both WILL get suspended!

I think it's time for the whole team to have a BLANKET PARTY on these 2 dipshits !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCNqKrX1sx8

Steeltreal
08-20-2014, 07:49 PM
there goes my fantasy team

st33lersguy
08-20-2014, 07:50 PM

Of course this was a guy who suspended Big Ben for baseless accusations that went nowhere, no doubt they will suspend those two for actually committing a crime

stillers4me
08-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Players like Troy and Keisel must have a real hard deal dealing with knuckleheads like this.

86WARD
08-20-2014, 07:52 PM
Dwayne Bowe only got suspended for most recently for one game...no?

SteelMayhem72
08-20-2014, 07:52 PM
We better be trying to find some rb's...what were these idiots thinking??? Im so pissed off about this!! This has a HUGE affect on the whole team especially with Bell...I was really anticipating a good year from them but now with your 2 main rb's facing suspension i dont know...I definitely say cut blount after they are formally charged!!

zulater
08-20-2014, 07:53 PM
Probably close to half the league smokes pot on a semi regular basis or more. Players with no previous positives are tested once in the spring for recreational drugs. They know well in advance when the test will be administered. So obviously if they can clean up their act in time for that test they're free and clear to do as they want the rest of the year. As long as they don't get caught by the law. These guys (Blount and Bell) were stupid to be caught driving around with it. But if you think they're the only Steelers smoking then you're off your meds.

GBMelBlount
08-20-2014, 07:53 PM
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm256/redraider2004/Dumb_and_dumber.jpg

zulater
08-20-2014, 07:57 PM
Assuming they can put off a trial until next year the league's hands will be tied until the case is adjudicated.

Count Steeler
08-20-2014, 07:58 PM
More on arrests of Steelers RBs LeVeon Bell and LeGarrette Blount:
Bell and Blount will be charged with marijuana possession following a traffic stop Wednesday afternoon. Ross Township detective Brian Kohlhepp said traffic officer Sean Stafiej pulled over a Camaro operated by Bell around 1:30 p.m. after Stafiej, who was on a motorcycle, noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. Stafiej found a 20 gram bag of marijuana inside the car. Bell, Blount and a female passenger all claimed ownership of the marijuana according to police. Bell, 22, was taken to a hospital to have blood drawn and is expected to be charged with driving under the influence of marijuana. Bell, Blount and the female passenger were arrested and released. All three are expected to receive notice of formal charges through the mail said Kohlhepp. The possession and DUI charges are both misdemeanors. The Steelers play a preseason game in Philadelphia on Thursday.

From Adam Schefter facebook

Mamaduck43
08-20-2014, 07:59 PM
Krap....... Damn entitled kids..... If the league doesn't stomp on them, our home office should..... Just when I was feeling pretty good about our season...... AAAARRRRRGGggggghhhh!!!!

stillers4me
08-20-2014, 08:00 PM

Bell may not get suspended until all the legalities are through. Which should be conveniently right before the two Bengals game in Dec that could decide the division. :doh:

TMC
08-20-2014, 08:02 PM
I do not know why Batch states they would get suspended. The first offense in the Substance Abuse Policy gets you into the program and does not carry a mandatory suspension. You are considered to be in Stage 1 of the "Intervention". If you mess up then, you can be fined/suspended up to 3 games (it is usually 1) and moved to Stage 2. If you mess up in Stage 2, you are suspended 4 games. You can actually have another mistake in Stage two, which carries stiffer suspensions before moving to Stage 3. In Stage 3, you are banished from the NFL and are forced to apply for reinstatement after serving, at least, one year away.

So, unless the Steelers suspend both players for conduct detrimental, then I think Goodell will face an uphill battle suspending these two (if both are not in the program).

As for the legal charges, it is $500 and up to 30 days in jail for the possession and the DUI will be separate. Probably see both guys in week 1.

Still, not a good thing to be in the program. Any mistake screws you.

stillers4me
08-20-2014, 08:02 PM

TMC
08-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Also, since Bell has not had legal issues prior, he could apply for PTI and have this expunged.

- - - Updated - - -

Have to also add that any suspension could be fought by the NFLPA, since they do have a policy in place with set punishments and any fine/suspension would be circumventing the policy.

tube517
08-20-2014, 08:08 PM
https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/807602245959085?fref=nf

More on arrests of Steelers RBs LeVeon Bell and LeGarrette Blount:

Bell and Blount will be charged with marijuana possession following a traffic stop Wednesday afternoon. Ross Township detective Brian Kohlhepp said traffic officer Sean Stafiej pulled over a Camaro operated by Bell around 1:30 p.m. after Stafiej, who was on a motorcycle, noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. Stafiej found a 20 gram bag of marijuana inside the car. Bell, Blount and a female passenger all claimed ownership of the marijuana according to police. Bell, 22, was taken to a hospital to have blood drawn and is expected to be charged with driving under the influence of marijuana. Bell, Blount and the female passenger were arrested and released. All three are expected to receive notice of formal charges through the mail said Kohlhepp. The possession and DUI charges are both misdemeanors. The Steelers play a preseason game in Philadelphia on Thursday.

zulater
08-20-2014, 08:10 PM
I do not know why Batch states they would get suspended. The first offense in the Substance Abuse Policy gets you into the program and does not carry a mandatory suspension. You are considered to be in Stage 1 of the "Intervention". If you mess up then, you can be fined/suspended up to 3 games (it is usually 1) and moved to Stage 2. If you mess up in Stage 2, you are suspended 4 games. You can actually have another mistake in Stage two, which carries stiffer suspensions before moving to Stage 3. In Stage 3, you are banished from the NFL and are forced to apply for reinstatement after serving, at least, one year away.

So, unless the Steelers suspend both players for conduct detrimental, then I think Goodell will face an uphill battle suspending these two (if both are not in the program).

As for the legal charges, it is $500 and up to 30 days in jail for the possession and the DUI will be separate. Probably see both guys in week 1.

Still, not a good thing to be in the program. Any mistake screws you.

Bell could face suspension for DUI if his blood comes back at a level that indicates he was intoxicated. But not until after the case is adjudicated. Which in my opinion wont happen in this calender year, and in fact will likely get put off until after the Steelers season is over.

If neither is already in the system I would guess that neither will face league discipline for the possession charge. But they both will be in the system after the charges are adjudicated and subject to year round random testing from that point on. Which in Bell's case might be a good thing.

Shoes
08-20-2014, 08:10 PM
I think the Rooney's will suspended them regardless of what the NFL does and I don't think they will wait.

st33lersguy
08-20-2014, 08:11 PM
This might not be too bad if Ben plays at a high level and the pass o is clicking. Impact will be even less if the defense can elevate it's game

Dwinsgames
08-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Bell did not travel with team to Philly

Shoes
08-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Archer is going to be busy. :chuckle:

zulater
08-20-2014, 08:13 PM
I think the Rooney's will suspended them regardless of what the NFL does and I don't think they will wait.

Precedent was set with Holmes in 2006 when Tomlin set him down for 1 game. Can't see why this would be any more than that?

Shoes
08-20-2014, 08:14 PM

He's at Mercy Hospital having Tomlin's foot removed from his A$$!

stillers4me
08-20-2014, 08:16 PM

He's still sobering up.

- - - Updated - - -

Even better.

Shoes
08-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Precedent was set with Holmes in 2006 when Tomlin set him down for 1 game. Can't see why this would be any more than that?

Probably won't be, but Art II is probably calling the shots now.

ALLD
08-20-2014, 08:20 PM
If they weren't paranoid before, I bet they are now. Yes, it should be legal, but they should not smoke it under contract. It's that simple.

86WARD
08-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Archer will get destroyed if he has to be the back for a long period of time...

Shoes
08-20-2014, 08:24 PM
Archer will get destroyed if he has to be the back for a long period of time...

It was tongue & cheek.

Dwinsgames
08-20-2014, 08:30 PM

has to tweet that ... good one

Steelerette
08-20-2014, 08:31 PM
If we need a quick signee here's who's available -

Felix Jones
Tashard Choice
Willis McGahee
Ray Graham
Ronnie Brown
Michael Bush
Greg Jones
Vonta Leach

ALLD
08-20-2014, 08:31 PM
I believe they somebody on ESPN or NFL Network will find a way to mention Ben Roethlisberger during media coverage of the pot smoking Steeler RBs.

TMC
08-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Bell could face suspension for DUI if his blood comes back at a level that indicates he was intoxicated. But not until after the case is adjudicated. Which in my opinion wont happen in this calender year, and in fact will likely get put off until after the Steelers season is over.

If neither is already in the system I would guess that neither will face league discipline for the possession charge. But they both will be in the system after the charges are adjudicated and subject to year round random testing from that point on. Which in Bell's case might be a good thing.

Actually, Bell should not face any suspension unless he is already in the Substance Abuse Program. That is how it is written. The actual policy is a pdf on the NFLPA website. Here is the link:
http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/PDFs/PlayerDevelopment/2010%20Drug%20Policy.pdf

It discusses discipline in Stage One, near the bottom of page 15. I would like to point out it covers entrance into the program on page 11, which gets you placed in Stage One. Bell's behavior would count as the entrance. If he were in Stage One already, here is what it states about punishment:
"If the Medical Director, after consultation with the Medical Advisor, determines in his discretion that a player in Stage One has failed to cooperate with the evaluation process or fails to comply with his Treatment Plan, both the NFL Management Council and the NFLPA shall be notified and the player will be subject to an immediate fine equal to three-seventeenths (3/17) of the amount in Paragraph 5 of the NFL Player Contract and he will be placed in Stage Two upon notification by the Medical Director."

No discussion in the policy of any punishment until that point. You have to be in Stage One before you can violate it. Hines Ward got a DUI. He did not miss a game for it. In fact, the league was pushing for mandatory first offense suspensions for DUIs this summer, but it was never finalized.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24572337/report-new-nfl-drug-policy-would-suspend-1st-time-dui-offenders

And, as for Bell's DUI, he could hire a lawyer, have it put off over and over, a lot of times it will get settled for a lesser charge. He can fight this in plenty of ways.

Dwinsgames
08-20-2014, 08:35 PM

Felix Jones
Tashard Choice
Willis McGahee
Ray Graham
Ronnie Brown
Michael Bush
Greg Jones
Vonta Leach

Cedric Benson

GBMelBlount
08-20-2014, 08:36 PM

Felix Jones
Tashard Choice
Willis McGahee
Ray Graham
Ronnie Brown
Michael Bush
Greg Jones
Vonta Leach

I think most of these players can pick up the "2 ypc" slack.

Not worried.

ALLD
I think fans will be upset because it is de facto evidence that both are not fully committed to winning a Super Bowl. They are selfish and never thought the impact of their behavior on the rest of the team.

TMC
Also, Blount was not arrested, allowed to leave. Reports are he traveled with the team.

GBMelBlount
08-20-2014, 08:39 PM
I believe they somebody on ESPN or NFL Network will find a way to mention Ben Roethlisberger during media coverage of the pot smoking Steeler RBs.

Ugh. Hope Ben doesn't get suspended for this...

- - - Updated - - -

I think fans will be upset because it is de facto evidence that both are not fully committed to winning a Super Bowl. They are selfish and never thought the impact of their behavior on the rest of the team.

Ya know, if they were averaging 5 ypc and touchdowns, but they are not at this point.

So I think you are right.

zulater
08-20-2014, 08:39 PM
While this sucks I don't think it will be season altering. I don't see either losing more than a game due to a team suspension. Precedent having been set with Santonio Holmes in 2009.

A few more things. Hopefully this will stop any other dumb asses from driving around smoking. It can wait until you get home.

As to Hindes. I greatly respect your service. I too was duty bound not to imbibe while serving many years ago. I gave up the shit in high school and really haven't looked back.Now I am a professional truck driver subject to random drug testing throughout the year.

But playing pro sports isn't the military. They're not in charge of high tech weapons. Our nations security isn't in the hands of a couple nit wit running backs. If the league was really that concerned about pot smoking they would test for it randomly throughout the year instead of just once in the spring. .

salamander
08-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Fucking dumbasses.

Steelerette
08-20-2014, 08:42 PM
I'm sure both of them will be handed a 1 game suspension by the team regardless of whether the league does it.

Bell may get dinged with 4 for the DUI but even so we need a 1-game stopgap at most. I'd been an advocate of bringing back Felix Jones anyway, Poole and Maysonet have not been that fantastic in preseason, so maybe here's the impetus. I like the Benson idea too, didn't realize he was a free agent.

HollywoodSteel
08-20-2014, 08:47 PM
This is a big deal, even Bell not making the trip to Philly is big. It's more than just running production, it's BLOCKING. We need backs that know the protections. I don't want Ben playing half a preseason game without maximum protection. I'd fucking make Blount play every God damn down in this preseason game while Ben is in there and if he misses one block and Ben gets hit both he AND Bell should get fined for each hit. And new rule: if you're going to smoke pot or do anything else that might get you in trouble DON'T BRING THE WHOLE FUCKING BACKFIELD WITH YOU. Do that shit separately.

And why didn't that chick in the backseat claim the weed was all hers? That would have let Blount off the hook entirely (unless the league tested him, but I don't think they can do random testing unless you've come up positive before). That chick could have earned herself like a million bucks right there. Why do these assholes have to compound their stupidity????

- - - Updated - - -

And since Bell is out of jail why can't they fly him out to Philly right now? I don't give a shit if the team wants to punish him, but he should be in there blocking and working his ass off on every down.

TMC
08-20-2014, 08:53 PM
Just wanted to put his out as well, Holmes was not officially suspended in 2008 for his possession of marijuana charges. He was arrested on a Thursday. He was deemed "inactive" by the Steelers and did not dress, but he was still paid and still received credit for being with the team. The NFL and NFLPA still reviewed it under the league substance abuse policy.

But, he was not officially suspended.

st33lersguy
08-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Le'Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blunt really soured my mood tonight. Thanks A@@holes

zulater
08-20-2014, 09:06 PM
Coming on the heels of the great news of Keisel's resigning this is a big downer. In fact this entire offseason the needle has steadily been pointingm upward. So yeah this let's some air out of the sails.

But better now than the week before the season starts. Luckily we have the Browns in week one. They have their own issues. So hopefully by the time we play a real team we'll have this all figured out.

Devilsdancefloor
08-20-2014, 09:09 PM
well i want to say nah this is a joke, but i know better aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggg freaking idiots

well welcomeback felix and larod

BigNastyDefense
08-20-2014, 09:12 PM
My thoughts:

1. How incredibly STUPID and SELFISH of these two jagoffs. If you're gonna smoke weed knowing you won't get popped for a positive drug test, do it in the privacy of your own home. Don't drive around with a cloud of marijuana smoke flowing out of your windows. Don't be rolling it up in your car. Doing either of those things is the EASIEST way to get caught. Everyone I know that's ever been cited for marijuana possession has been caught either smoking in their car or preparing to smoke in their car.

They didn't think about how this impacts the team. It proves they aren't as committed to the goals the team has by doing this. Even if there is no suspension, they still let the team down.

2. I doubt there is any suspension for either player, as long as neither player is currently in the NFL's Substance Abuse Program. Holmes suspension of one game was an anomaly, and the Steelers had to clear it with the league first. Tomlin wanted it because if I remember correctly he was busted either the night before or the morning of that game and he didn't want the distraction leading up to the game.

As long as neither player is in the drug program, the league cannot suspend them for this (including Bell's DUI). This would be what gets them entered into the program, under this assumption. For the Steelers to suspend either player, like above with the Holmes situation, they would have to clear it with the league. If the team suspends them, I am expecting just a one game suspension against the Browns.

Now if either player is already in step one of the drug policy, this would put them into step two of the policy which would come with a four game suspension. It's normally not announced that a player is in step one of the program unless they get into it this way, or fail the drug test at the scouting combine.

The issue with either player being put into step one of the program is that for 90 days to 6 months after entering the program, the guys will be tested up to 10 times a week for a myriad of drugs. So if they get a cold and get prescribed codeine cough syrup, they'd fail a test and get a 4 game suspension (possibly reduced on appeal).

If the team decides to not suspend, or the league doesn't allow them to suspend, it doesn't mean there won't be some type of punishment. I imagine the Steelers can fine both players for conduct detrimental at the least. Maybe they let Dri Archer start the season opener and don't put either in until the second series.

3. Your personal opinion about marijuana, and your personal use of the stuff doesn't matter here. The facts are simple: it's illegal and a banned substance by the NFL. Even if it were to become legal, that doesn't mean the NFL has to allow their players to smoke it. Codeine is legal via a prescription from a doctor, but it's on the league's banned substance list, even if prescribed by a doctor you'll get suspended.

4. Blount's Steelers career may have just gone up in smoke (see what I did there?). The Steelers can cut him over this if they want to. The NFL can't stop them from doing so. He wasn't a choir boy coming to the Steelers, if they feel he's the one that convinced Bell to smoke some pot, they'll dump Blount.

I don't know if Bell has a history with weed. Normally a failed drug test or two in college gets you suspended for something like "breaking team rules" or you're told one is okay (college kids are almost expected to fail at least one) but a second one there's a suspension. But as far as anyone outside of the team knows, this is his first run in with it in his pro career. And the Steelers won't cut Bell. Second round pick and they expect Bell to be their starter for the foreseeable future.

Remember, the Steelers didn't trade Holmes for that first incident. They traded him after he failed a drug test and was gonna get hit with a 4 game suspension. Not to mention they also had the second Roethlisberger (false) accusation hanging over their heads at that time too.

5. This really sucks for me because I live in freaking Cleveland, so this negates half of my trash talk arsenal for the season.

Dwinsgames
08-20-2014, 09:14 PM
@L_Bell26 (https://twitter.com/L_Bell26) @LG_Blount (https://twitter.com/LG_Blount) the NEW Doobie Brothers

katmandu
08-20-2014, 09:19 PM

Give the trophy back.x2 !!

Hindes204
08-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Even if Bells blood comes back positive for marijuana, itll be irrelevant in the case for a DUI. Most lawers can get the case thrown out on a technicality (weed stays in your blood long after the high wears off), so unless he admitted smoking, he should get off

Shoes
08-20-2014, 09:37 PM
Besides the 20 grams of pot and the woman in the back seat, detectives also found Santonio Holmes and Willie Nelson in the trunk singing *On The Road Again*

Dwinsgames
08-20-2014, 09:41 PM
Even if Bells blood comes back positive for marijuana, itll be irrelevant in the case for a DUI. Most lawers can get the case thrown out on a technicality (weed stays in your blood long after the high wears off), so unless he admitted smoking, he should get off

actually it stays in the urine a long time ( 28 days ) the blood clears rather quickly of THC http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/marijuana_test.htm

that is why employers use a piss test for pre employment screening and not a blood test

vader29
08-20-2014, 09:46 PM
Dumbasses. :mad2:

Polamalu Princess
08-20-2014, 09:46 PM
All I can say...

:bored::joint::asskick:

vader29
08-20-2014, 09:50 PM
http://cdn1.lockerdome.com/uploads/079ad2f4cf45ad43cafaccd10fe8b4e5cb3b117766eb5df4fe 8d9c17d9e120d4_large

fansince'76
08-20-2014, 10:15 PM
actually it stays in the urine a long time ( 28 days ) the blood clears rather quickly of THC http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/marijuana_test.htm

that is why employers use a piss test for pre employment screening and not a blood test

Actually, more and more of them are going to hair follicle tests, as THC is detectable for up to a year in hair.

Hindes204
08-20-2014, 10:24 PM

Not sure I explained my point very well. What I meant was the science of marijuana consumption is very "grey area" prone. While THC only stays in the blood for a few hours, there are no set acceptable levels as there is with alcohol. Alcohol is .08, easy to prove, weed has no levels like that, a blood test merely shows the presence of it. So with a good lawyer, and absence of admission, getting acquitted should not be a difficult task.

Iron Steeler
08-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Give the trophy back

CapLovesTroyP43
08-20-2014, 10:47 PM
You stupid asses how could you????? What an embarrassment to Steeler Nation!!! Shame on you!!! :crazy::asskick:

Dwinsgames
08-20-2014, 10:47 PM
Not sure I explained my point very well. What I meant was the science of marijuana consumption is very "grey area" prone. While THC only stays in the blood for a few hours, there are no set acceptable levels as there is with alcohol. Alcohol is .08, easy to prove, weed has no levels like that, a blood test merely shows the presence of it. So with a good lawyer, and absence of admission, getting acquitted should not be a difficult task.

gotcha ...

except they have the dope ( and according to reports all 3 claimed ownership ) , the DA would say well he said it is his , he had it in his system at the time of testing and he did not smoke it from the time he was pulled over until the test was given so what other conclusion can we come up with ?

not that I think it is " that big of a deal " but good lord your getting paid a kings ransom to play a game , you have certain guideline to follow in order to continue to be paid so well to play a game most if not all of us played for free in our youth ....

just follow the dam rules and after you retire move to a deserted island with 10,000 pounds of the stuff and have bon fires with it every night with a fan blowing the smoke into your tent for all I care lol

Shoes
08-20-2014, 11:09 PM
Didn't Von Miller get a four-game substance-abuse suspension for a first time offense? Maybe because he tested positive for amphetamines and pot?

TMC
08-20-2014, 11:36 PM
Didn't Von Miller get a four-game substance-abuse suspension for a first time offense? Maybe because he tested positive for amphetamines and pot?

Not sure where he was in the process, but his suspension was greater because he had become friends with the person collecting the sample and they worked together in substituting another sample for his. It came out that he was not even in the city where the sample was taken (discovered by a second collector) and it was a belief that money changed hands.

So, there were other circumstances.....

katmandu
08-21-2014, 12:05 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bvh62lwCUAAkZJs.jpg

katmandu
08-21-2014, 12:10 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvhVb_TIAAAoCBF.jpg

Count Steeler
08-21-2014, 05:08 AM
So this wasn't just a bad dream, eh?

TheRuneMeister
08-21-2014, 05:33 AM
I couldn't care less if someone smokes weed or not. Same with drinking a few beers. However, I do care about Steeler football and they should to...even more so. One thing is to do it in the privacy of your own home, but how can you be stupid enough to do this in public. I guess the league is right to put more emphasis on head trauma...jebus!

One thing is for sure...Tomlin needs to sit their asses down. Preseason is over for these guys. Lock them in a meeting room until the regular season starts...

stillers4me
08-21-2014, 05:36 AM
Not to mention these two brainiacs thought they could do this, hop on a team plane and nobody was going to notice.

86WARD
08-21-2014, 06:39 AM

The Rooneys should still suspend them both for one game. The timing of it is more so my issue than the act of being caught with pot. I mean it's a fucking hour before getting on the plane to fly to Philly. A fucking hour...seriously?

NJarhead
08-21-2014, 07:09 AM
Dumb asses. Archer is too slight to be our starting RB. I wonder if we can get that kid back we recently cut (forget his name. 2nd year practice squad guy..Alvin, Alvoid alv....something. lol).

Hindes204
08-21-2014, 07:12 AM
The Rooneys should still suspend them both for one game. The timing of it is more so my issue than the act of being caught with pot. I mean it's a fucking hour before getting on the plane to fly to Philly. A fucking hour...seriously?

I agree. I mentioned this in the other thread but I am assuming they were planning in bringing the weed on the plane with them. These guys are dumbasses

zulater
08-21-2014, 07:14 AM
Dumb asses. Archer is too slight to be our starting RB. I wonder if we can get that kid back we recently cut (forget his name. 2nd year practice squad guy..Alvin, Alvoid alv....something. lol).

Bell will be our starting RB. The question is whether the Steelers will decide to keep Blount as the primary back up? I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers do with Blount what the Pirates did with Jose Tabata and jettison him to keep him from being a bad influence on the more valuable Bell?

Wouldn't shock me if they bring in Isaac Redman for a look. Last year he was hurt coming out of camp. If he is fully healthy I could see him being a good 6-10 carry guy to spell Bell on occasion.

86WARD
08-21-2014, 07:43 AM
Bell will be our starting RB. The question is whether the Steelers will decide to keep Blount as the primary back up? I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers do with Blount what the Pirates did with Jose Tabata and jettison him to keep him from being a bad influence on the more valuable Bell?

Wouldn't shock me if they bring in Isaac Redman for a look. Last year he was hurt coming out of camp. If he is fully healthy I could see him being a good 6-10 carry guy to spell Bell on occasion.

Redman? This story just got a whole lot worse...

zulater
08-21-2014, 08:16 AM
Redman? This story just got a whole lot worse...

Would you have said that about Redman at the end of the 2012 season? In my opinion he played hurt last season. I don't think it was a true reflection on the player he was in 2011-12. He's young enough that it's possible that he could come back to 2012 form. At his best he was a good short yardage back, did a good job picking up blitzers, and was a farily decent pass catcher who was very dangerous after the catch.

Maybe there's better backs out there? Regardless Blount has had trouble follow him at every stop from college on. He gained over 170 yards in a playoff game last year yet the Patriots made no attempt to keep him. Could be this is just a bad dude you don't want influencing young players in the locker room? I think there's at least some discussion going on right now about releasing Blount.

Shoes
08-21-2014, 08:16 AM

If the Steelers do that, then the Rooney's should get the *hypocrite of the year award* since Bell is more at fault here.

zulater
08-21-2014, 08:22 AM
If the Steelers do that, then the Rooney's should get the *hypocrite of the year award* since Bell is more at fault here.

Just because Bell was behind the wheel doesn't mean that Blount didn't lead him down the wrong path. Bell had no off field issues last season. Did he have any at Michigan State? Blount has never had an incident free stretch in his career.

Regardless Bell is viewed a a player the Steelers will gear a good portion of their offense around for the next 5 years. Blount is a stop gap guy brought in to make sure Tomlin doesn't burn Bell out too fast. So if a message needs to be sent to get Bell's attention cutting Blount could be the place where they go?

Dwinsgames
08-21-2014, 09:52 AM

it would make better sense to have a look at Jones , he also knows the system and has played football more recently with the team

st33lersguy
08-21-2014, 10:00 AM
They should bring James Harrison over for a visit and whack Bell and Blount about 5 times

Dwinsgames
08-21-2014, 10:19 AM
These guys are dumbasses

truer words never spoken

zulater
08-21-2014, 10:34 AM
it would make better sense to have a look at Jones , he also knows the system and has played football more recently with the team

I wasn't all that impressed with Jones. In my opinion 2011-12 Redman was a much better overall player than Felix Jones was last year. Redman was hurt early in camp last year and never got healthy. So I don't think last year was a true reflection of him as a player.

But at the same token memories are short in the NFL. So there's a good chance the Steelers would be leaning your way if in fact there's thought being given to releasing Blount.

tube517
08-21-2014, 10:40 AM

Agreed.

Tomlin tends to lean on the most recent player(s) for situations like this so I would not be surprised if F.Jones and Redman both get a look.

smokin3000gt
08-21-2014, 10:47 AM
Tell your wife twice then knock her out cold = 2 games
possession of pot = banned for life

NCSteeler
08-21-2014, 10:55 AM
truer words never spoken

Yes they have.....http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/clark2.jpg?w=1000

venom
08-21-2014, 10:56 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvkinF4IQAELZt1.jpg

X-Terminator
08-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Yes they have.....http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/clark2.jpg?w=1000

Actually, that's a big argument for legalizing pot. But it still does not absolve Bell and Blount of blatant carelessness and stupidity, and I still think they both need to be suspended for a game as a result. Choose the behavior, choose the consequences.

steelreserve
08-21-2014, 11:01 AM

Bloods tests actually do detect specific levels, and the NFL does have an acceptable over/under limit in place, 15 ng/ml. This came up a few weeks ago in the Josh Gordon appeal, when he claimed secondhand smoke caused a positive test result:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11281430/josh-gordon-legal-team-say-second-hand-smoke-reason-positive-marijuana-test

So basically, if the league gets its hands on the test results, they can probably use that against him. If they were caught red-handed, as sounds like the case, you could expect a blood test to come back with high levels, as they would've done it within a short time after they were actually smoking.

Interestingly enough, the NFL's limit for marijuana is 10 times more strict than what they allow in Olympic testing, and even three times harsher than what's allowed in the military:
http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2014/07/nfls_josh_gordon_claims_secondhand_smoke_led_to_fa .php

Hopefully they both turned around and punched the female in the backseat .. at least they stand a chance at a reduced suspension.

best comment I've seen on this so far.

Hindes204
08-21-2014, 01:49 PM
From my brothers facebook....he laid out all the jokes in one post:

so check out this scenerio:

LeGerrette "Blount" "took a hit" on the "grass" field by the "hash" marks suffering a sore "joint" trying to "shake" a tackle....he was able to "shake" it off and got "high" 5s from all his "buds"

Yup, I'm bored, lol

- - - Updated - - -

Bloods tests actually do detect specific levels, and the NFL does have an acceptable over/under limit in place, 15 ng/ml. This came up a few weeks ago in the Josh Gordon appeal, when he claimed secondhand smoke caused a positive test result:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11281430/josh-gordon-legal-team-say-second-hand-smoke-reason-positive-marijuana-test

So basically, if the league gets its hands on the test results, they can probably use that against him. If they were caught red-handed, as sounds like the case, you could expect a blood test to come back with high levels, as they would've done it within a short time after they were actually smoking.

Interestingly enough, the NFL's limit for marijuana is 10 times more strict than what they allow in Olympic testing, and even three times harsher than what's allowed in the military:
http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2014/07/nfls_josh_gordon_claims_secondhand_smoke_led_to_fa .php

best comment I've seen on this so far.

correct, there are specific levels to detect the substance, what I was saying is there are no limits available to prove a DUI

steelreserve
08-21-2014, 02:04 PM
correct, there are specific levels to detect the substance, what I was saying is there are no limits available to prove a DUI

Oh yeah, that's probably true. My guess is that if there's anything at all in your system, they'll try to say you were under the influence. That's just law enforcement for you.

tube517
08-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Actually, more and more of them are going to hair follicle tests, as THC is detectable for up to a year in hair.

So, that is why this guy is bald?

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/1756.png&w=350&h=254 :chuckle:

86WARD
08-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Would you have said that about Redman at the end of the 2012 season? In my opinion he played hurt last season. I don't think it was a true reflection on the player he was in 2011-12. He's young enough that it's possible that he could come back to 2012 form. At his best he was a good short yardage back, did a good job picking up blitzers, and was a farily decent pass catcher who was very dangerous after the catch.

Maybe there's better backs out there? Regardless Blount has had trouble follow him at every stop from college on. He gained over 170 yards in a playoff game last year yet the Patriots made no attempt to keep him. Could be this is just a bad dude you don't want influencing young players in the locker room? I think there's at least some discussion going on right now about releasing Blount.

Yes. I've disliked Redman since the training camp when everyone raved about him because he did well in the goal line drills. It's well documented on here that I was never a fan.

Don't think it will be an issue though. Dwayne Bowe just got suspended for his violations that occurred in November. There is a good chance that Bell may not serve his suspension (if he gets one) until late in the season or possibly next year.

smokin3000gt
08-21-2014, 11:58 PM
Oh yeah, that's probably true. My guess is that if there's anything at all in your system, they'll try to say you were under the influence. That's just law enforcement for you.

Just wait.. soon anyone with red eye could be guilty of DUI.

Craic
08-22-2014, 12:05 AM
Goodell gonna drop the hammer. wife beating = 2 games. steelers smoke pot = half a year

Someone else who doesn't understand the CBA.
--------------

These guys are idiots. Complete, utter idiots. Blount should be off the team TOMORROW. Bell, I can only hope, was led down a bad road. I know, I'm dreaming. Completely and totally. But it's still my hope.

Lady Steel
08-22-2014, 04:20 AM
Good times for Dumb and Dumber.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10614107_10152393768128822_4174521427523192426_n.j pg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1.0-9/1422410_10152393768133822_2017194522875135350_n.jp g

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10616087_10152393768138822_8636225432721093079_n.j pg?oh=a601edc4c378958e20d53639417bf41a&oe=54743377

vader29
08-22-2014, 08:11 AM

tube517
08-22-2014, 10:18 AM
Yes. I've disliked Redman since the training camp when everyone raved about him because he did well in the goal line drills. It's well documented on here that I was never a fan.

Don't think it will be an issue though. Dwayne Bowe just got suspended for his violations that occurred in November. There is a good chance that Bell may not serve his suspension (if he gets one) until late in the season or possibly next year.

Redman's done anyways. Career is over due to spinal cord injury.

(I posted the link in a new thread)

SCSTILLER
08-22-2014, 11:10 AM

Really...he is that stupid!?! Isn't this guy supposedly college educated, what did he major in, underwater fire prevention? I mean, come on, I didn't know I could get a DUI driving high, and this idiot is going to be making, or is making, millions of dollars a year? Effing IDIOT!

smokin3000gt
08-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Some people need to dial it down a notch. No doubt it was stupid but some are carrying on like they were cooking meth and selling it to school children during lunch. What's done is done. No need to drown their puppy and burn their house down.

zulater
08-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Some people need to dial it down a notch. No doubt it was stupid but some are carrying on like they were cooking meth and selling it to school children during lunch.

You have any proof that wasn't their end game plan? :wink02:

smokin3000gt
08-22-2014, 12:36 PM
You have any proof that wasn't their end game plan?

:Lol:
Lol.. well you know what they say about pot being a gateway drug and all..

:chuckle:

stillers4me
08-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Found this little tidbit in one of my friends timelines....

Haha.. no joke XXXX, I'm working in Pittsburgh building decks and balconies off the apartment buildings in Woodbridge, its right off McKnight road. The crew and I passed them, tore the camaro apart they were driving.. Two big black guys, One skinny tiny little white girl. We were on lunch. Made my day.. lol.. Pros at their finest

- - - Updated - - -

Taking grief all day from the Bengals fans. I told them at least they didn't do it Bengals style....assaulting the police and an underage hoe in the backseat.

ALLD
08-22-2014, 06:08 PM
We were gonna score TDs
But we got high
We lost the game
And we know why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Luk0qAZ1k

New goal line fight song to replace Renegade?

X-Terminator
08-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Really...he is that stupid!?! Isn't this guy supposedly college educated, what did he major in, underwater fire prevention? I mean, come on, I didn't know I could get a DUI driving high, and this idiot is going to be making, or is making, millions of dollars a year? Effing IDIOT!

You'd be surprised how many people don't know that, and a lot of them are college-educated - for real, not in name only. Doesn't make it any less dumb. Ignorance of the law is not a valid defense.

ALLD
08-22-2014, 06:20 PM
X-T, some people graduate from college just as stupid as when they entered.

cold-hard-steel
08-23-2014, 10:31 AM
I must agree on the , not the best move aspect of this , but understanding the addiction side of this there could be more than meets the eye here . Not knowing you could get charged with a dui sounds more like the denial stage of addiction rather than just merely being stupid .

stillers4me
08-23-2014, 01:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvvevM6IcAAdAFd.jpg

SCSTILLER
08-23-2014, 01:11 PM
You'd be surprised how many people don't know that, and a lot of them are college-educated - for real, not in name only. Doesn't make it any less dumb. Ignorance of the law is not a valid defense.

I understand there are a ton of people that are dumb when it comes to the law. I guess what is really mind boggling to me is the rookies coming into the league go through an intensive indoctrination/boot camp of sorts where they have seminars of do's and don'ts and how to handle yourselves in accordance with the NFL. You would think that marijuana usage would be covered under the banned substances discussion and that DUI's would be covered in depth. Maybe I am mistaken on it or just misinformed, or maybe Bell was high in the seminars.

- - - Updated - - -

I want one!

stillers4me
08-23-2014, 01:17 PM
The picture was posted on twitter today. Apparently, they are available at Yinzers in the Strip District. I'm sure they will sell out smokin' fast. :lol:

blackngldblood
08-23-2014, 02:45 PM
I must agree on the , not the best move aspect of this , but understanding the addiction side of this there could be more than meets the eye here . Not knowing you could get charged with a dui sounds more like the denial stage of addiction rather than just merely being stupid .

The main reason that I've been substance free for the last five years, all substances that is, is because my wife is a recovering drug addict and has been clean for going on ten years in the near future. I, myself, stopped smoking weed 10 years ago but recently stopped drinking altogether to support her but that's beside the point. Do you know how many people are in her NA group for being addicted to weed? Zero. Let that one sink in for a minute.

Meanwhile, go across the street and see how many families alcohol has torn apart. Go hear about all the people ripped away from their loved ones because of booze. I'm not against alcohol, per se, I just hate the double standard between the two drugs. The NFL is sponsored by and caters to alcohol companies, yet gasps when it finds out it's players smoke weed? Give me a break.

These guys could have been doing a lot worse things, outside of the knuckleheaded decision to do it while driving. Would you not be more concerned about them if Bell's BAC would have been through the roof at 1:30 on a Wednesday afternoon? To suggest he may have an addiction to pot is out of this world. Meanwhile Peyton can say he needs to go get an "ice cold buuuuuud liiiiite" after a bad game and everyone laughs about it and Budweiser pays him some extra cash for the name drop. Anyone ever question if the great Peyton may be an alcoholic because he turns to booze when he has a bad day? Nope.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCSTILLER
08-23-2014, 04:06 PM
The main reason that I've been substance free for the last five years, all substances that is, is because my wife is a recovering drug addict and has been clean for going on ten years in the near future. I, myself, stopped smoking weed 10 years ago but recently stopped drinking altogether to support her but that's beside the point. Do you know how many people are in her NA group for being addicted to weed? Zero. Let that one sink in for a minute.

Meanwhile, go across the street and see how many families alcohol has torn apart. Go hear about all the people ripped away from their loved ones because of booze. I'm not against alcohol, per se, I just hate the double standard between the two drugs. The NFL is sponsored by and caters to alcohol companies, yet gasps when it finds out it's players smoke weed? Give me a break.

These guys could have been doing a lot worse things, outside of the knuckleheaded decision to do it while driving. Would you not be more concerned about them if Bell's BAC would have been through the roof at 1:30 on a Wednesday afternoon? To suggest he may have an addiction to pot is out of this world. Meanwhile Peyton can say he needs to go get an "ice cold buuuuuud liiiiite" after a bad game and everyone laughs about it and Budweiser pays him some extra cash for the name drop. Anyone ever question if the great Peyton may be an alcoholic because he turns to booze when he has a bad day? Nope.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off let me start by saying what you did for your wife is extremely admirable, and the battle she is going through is not an easy one. I know because I have watched my younger sister battle narcotics addiction for almost ten years, and most of the time she loses. Family has done everything to help her but the draw of the drugs is a little too much for her.

Now, to imply that marijuana is not addictive is absurd. Marijuana addiction and alcohol dependency are pretty much on the same playing field when it comes to stats:
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana
http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/alcohol-facts-and-statistics
As for Bell driving drunk or driving high...how about neither. Marijuana slows down a persons reaction time, impairs motor skills, blurs vision, and shortens attention spans. Sounds to me like it is just as bad as drunk driving, maybe not statistics wise but in terms of how it hinders a persons ability to drive. So, to answer your question about which I would be more concerned about, I will say neither! I am concerned about both equally. I am not defending alcohol by any means, but just calling out the fact that marijuana and alcohol can be closely tied when it comes to side effects, addiction, and driving.

Finishing though, stay strong and I hope your wife finds easy roads ahead!

zulater
08-23-2014, 04:21 PM

Oh man that's too funny! Where do I get one?

stillers4me
08-24-2014, 08:17 AM
Did anyone else notice Kurt Warner and the little dweeb beside him saying things liken "Bell took a big hit there!" several times and it never even dawned on them what they just said? :lol:

Moose
08-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Unbelievable ! Doesn't the team have any adult supervision that talks to these little minded moron's about the do's and don'ts of the NFL ?

X-Terminator
08-24-2014, 02:04 PM
Unbelievable ! Doesn't the team have any adult supervision that talks to these little minded moron's about the do's and don'ts of the NFL ?

The problem with that is you can't hold their hands all the time. They aren't little kids, they are adults, and therefore you'd think they should know better.

Moose
08-24-2014, 08:39 PM
The problem with that is you can't hold their hands all the time. They aren't little kids, they are adults, and therefore you'd think they should know better.

You shouldn't have to hold their hands, that's the problem ! When I started my job 34 yrs. ago, we had to attend an orientation and were told what the company would accept or not from employee's. From that point on you knew what to do ( or not ) to keep your job. "0" tolerance was in place, and testing could be at anytime. I'm sure these bafoon's knew what they were doing wasn't acceptable, they had to read past experiences from other player's. It's just amazing that these mindless moron's just don't understand how lucky they are getting paid the buck's they do.

Hindes204
08-25-2014, 10:23 AM
Wait wait wait...did I really just read a conversation about weed addiction? Is this real life? Do you people arguing that have any experience with weed at all? I'm sorry, but that's just effin asinine. SC, we hardly disagree about much, but citing a govt study from a govt hell bent on keeping it illegal, is hardly going to convince otherwise. Withdrawal symptoms?? That makes me laugh. Like I asked before, do any of you making these claims have any experience with the drug whatsoever?

SteelMember
08-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Even though the conversation about weed levels and such could be considered informative, the fact that he told the cop he just smoked will make that case a lot easier for the State. You just told the cop you did something illegal "a bit ago"... Sheesh.

fansince'76
08-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Some people need to dial it down a notch. No doubt it was stupid but some are carrying on like they were cooking meth and selling it to school children during lunch.

http://posterscene.com/images/items/full/stonedagin.jpg

ALLD
08-25-2014, 02:50 PM
You think it's why the Steelers don't have artificial turf?

smokin3000gt
08-25-2014, 04:19 PM
Wait wait wait...did I really just read a conversation about weed addiction? Is this real life? Do you people arguing that have any experience with weed at all? I'm sorry, but that's just effin asinine. SC, we hardly disagree about much, but citing a govt study from a govt hell bent on keeping it illegal, is hardly going to convince otherwise. Withdrawal symptoms?? That makes me laugh. Like I asked before, do any of you making these claims have any experience with the drug whatsoever?

My thoughts exactly.

Jaucer
08-25-2014, 06:17 PM
My thoughts exactly.

I won't get into the ramifications of smoking weed. It probably isn't any worse than drinking alcohol, smoking tobacco or chewing tobacco. I don't know as I've never smoked it, never have never will. Closet I can claim is second hand smoke at rock concerts and some frat parties back in college. But to say it isn't addictive is bs. It may not be as addictive as some other illegal drugs but it's addictive none the less. Just like tobacco, alcohol, or even caffeine, hell even sex. Many things are addictive. It's the type of addiction that can really make some drugs worse than others. So while you may be able to quit pot cold turkey easier than other drugs and some people can easier than others, some people have an addictive nature, doesn't mean it's not addictive. I'm not talking about any government studies, but rather 1st hand knowledge of some guys I knew that let pot cost them relationships with family, cost them their college education, & more. If that's not addiction then what is? The ability of the drug to control you or you control the drug is what defines addiction. When these guys let the need for pot come before the team and their jobs then that is an addiction. I make drink more than my fair share of alcohol but if I know I have to be at work in a few hours, I sure as hell am not going to drink. Same should go for pot or any other drug.

XxKnightxX
08-25-2014, 06:54 PM
The fact that makes it worse it's that it's our number 1 and number 2 back in the same fucking car. If I was Tomlin and Rooney id just sit their dumbasses down in the office and just GLARE AT THEM for as long as possible. And see who cracks down first.

smokin3000gt
08-25-2014, 07:13 PM
I won't get into the ramifications of smoking weed. It probably isn't any worse than drinking alcohol, smoking tobacco or chewing tobacco. I don't know as I've never smoked it, never have never will. Closet I can claim is second hand smoke at rock concerts and some frat parties back in college. But to say it isn't addictive is bs. It may not be as addictive as some other illegal drugs but it's addictive none the less. Just like tobacco, alcohol, or even caffeine, hell even sex. Many things are addictive. It's the type of addiction that can really make some drugs worse than others. So while you may be able to quit pot cold turkey easier than other drugs and some people can easier than others, some people have an addictive nature, doesn't mean it's not addictive. I'm not talking about any government studies, but rather 1st hand knowledge of some guys I knew that let pot cost them relationships with family, cost them their college education, & more. If that's not addiction then what is? The ability of the drug to control you or you control the drug is what defines addiction. When these guys let the need for pot come before the team and their jobs then that is an addiction. I make drink more than my fair share of alcohol but if I know I have to be at work in a few hours, I sure as hell am not going to drink. Same should go for pot or any other drug.

I didn't really want to get into a debate about pot, or my beliefs which is why I simply concurred with Hindes.

ALLD
08-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Too much pot makes you stupid. So stupid in fact you tell a cop you just smoked it and didn't know it was illegal to while driving. Everybody is cool right?

Craic
08-25-2014, 08:20 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Anecdotal experience does not equate to scientific fact. And, the studies are not just "government" studies. They've been done around the world, with a number of different methods, and their coming up with some distinct conclusions. This isn't the thread for it, so I won't derail it anymore. If you're interested in continuing this discussion, open another thread and I'll post my information. But please, don't continue posting anecdotal information about how it affected "you" and assume that is true for everyone.

Some people can also smoke crack, and the put it down and walk away. That doesn't mean everyone else can. And no, I'm not comparing the two drugs. I'm saying that anecdotal info has nothing to do with the overall reality.

Count Steeler
08-25-2014, 09:48 PM
Some people can also smoke crack, and the put it down and walk away. That doesn't mean everyone else can. And no, I'm not comparing the two drugs. I'm saying that anecdotal info has nothing to do with the overall reality.

Some people can drink alcohol and not get addicted. Others, not so much.

fansince'76
08-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Some people can also smoke crack, and the put it down and walk away. That doesn't mean everyone else can.

Not sure why, but this post reminded me of this...

"So that's a crack ho!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtISwpcperA

vader29
10-15-2014, 07:59 AM