PDA

View Full Version : Brian Hoyer(not Manziel) will be the starter in week 1 vs Steelers

polamalubeast
08-20-2014, 07:56 AM
Brian Hoyer has been named the Cleveland Browns’ starting quarterback.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/502068049747660802

Devilsdancefloor
08-20-2014, 08:11 AM
I am guessing this will not last long

st33lersguy
08-20-2014, 08:38 AM
It would have been so much more fun to smash that prick week 1

dislocatedday
08-20-2014, 08:45 AM
The Browns will play Hoyer at least the first 3 weeks against the Steelers, Saints, and Ravens. There was no way they were going to put Johnny out there and let him get chewed up and spit out at the start of the season. This way they can make Hoyer the lame duck QB, and then bring in Manziel. If Manziel went out first and failed miserably, and then the Browns went to Hoyer it would just create a festering QB controversy situation the entire season.

dislocatedday
08-20-2014, 08:53 AM
BTW....I am sick of the constant Manziel coverage by all the major sports news outlets. Yesterday, the first 4 headline stories on CBS Sportline's NFL page were all Manziel related, with a 5th one a little down the list as well about Jerry Jones being restrained from drafting Manziel. ESPN was not much better, with their first 3 headline stories all Manziel related. You would think Manziel and Michael Sam are the stars of the NFL with the way they are being covered. Sports journalism today has much more in common with tabloid journalism.

CapLovesTroyP43
08-20-2014, 09:13 AM
It would have been so much more fun to smash that prick week 1

You are soooooooooooooo right!!!

X-Terminator
08-20-2014, 09:15 AM
BTW....I am sick of the constant Manziel coverage by all the major sports news outlets. Yesterday, the first 4 headline stories on CBS Sportline's NFL page were all Manziel related, with a 5th one a little down the list as well about Jerry Jones being restrained from drafting Manziel. ESPN was not much better, with their first 3 headline stories all Manziel related. You would think Manziel and Michael Sam are the stars of the NFL with the way they are being covered. Sports journalism today has much more in common with tabloid journalism.

That's why I don't watch those networks. I refuse to subject myself to that bullshit.

Anyway, Manziel not starting week 1 makes that game a hell of a lot less interesting. I wanted to see the Steelers' D FUBAR that little punk bitch.

Count Steeler
08-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Well, let's get Hoyer out of the game and give them no choice but to play Johnny Fu'up.

ALLD
08-20-2014, 03:18 PM

TIM TEBOW & BRETT FAVRE!!!!!

BigNastyDefense
08-20-2014, 09:28 PM
Honestly, it's probably the smartest move the Browns could have made.

It's not like Manziel came out and lit it up, even against backups and guys that'll be flipping burgers after final cuts. It was Hoyer's job to lose going into TC, and he did his best to lose it. Now the Browns can focus on week one fully, and Hoyer can get accustomed to his (crappy) receivers. Also, seeing how the Browns will likely be without their only good receiver (Gordon) for at least the first two weeks (I think he will get at the least that much of a suspension if not more), the Browns offense will be even crappier than normal.

The Browns open up with a tough three game swing: Steelers/Saints/Ravens. You start Manziel there and he plays like trash, they have little choice but to insert Hoyer. Then the QB controversy goes all season long. Let Hoyer either play well enough to keep the job or replace him after the Ravens game when you have two weeks to prepare Manziel for his first NFL start with that week four bye. By then he should have enough if a grasp on the playbook to at least run the offense.

I wanted to see Johnny (middle) Finger start at Pittsburgh too, I can't stand him at all. I guess our defense will have to send Hoyer to the training room so we can make Manziel a permanent fixture in the Heinz Field turf.