PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 53 man roster projections

Shoes
08-17-2014, 08:27 PM
This looks pretty close to how it may pan out. His comments about Wesley Johnson are puzzling tho. Mike Adams has been here a few years with little to no improvement. I think the 3rd TE is still up for grabs, that is if Blanchflower can get some playing time. I'm not sold on Justin Brown yet.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-roster-nfl-depth-chart/2014/8/17/6026263/steelers-53-man-roster-projections-a-few-changes-after-victory-over

Chidi29
08-17-2014, 08:39 PM
I think it's way off the mark.

The rationale for keeping Palmer over the rest doesn't seem to make any sense. I can live with picking Palmer but there isn't an explanation, despite him saying there is a reason.

Stubbornly still having Nick Williams making the 53. He played six snaps last week. Keeping 7 DEs are a little heavy, too.

The decision to cut both Chris Carter and Howard Jones while adding So'oto on there is curious. And never explained. He just talks about the need to long snap, as if Greg Warren will be out 12 weeks. Or that they haven't signed a guy in Luke Ingram.

He claims Antwon Blake is on the bubble. He's not. Just flat out wrong.

Dangerfield over Will Allen without making any mention as to why.

Shoes
08-17-2014, 08:47 PM

The rationale for keeping Palmer over the rest doesn't seem to make any sense. I can live with picking Palmer but there isn't an explanation, despite him saying there is a reason.

Stubbornly still having Nick Williams making the 53. He played six snaps last week. Keeping 7 DEs are a little heavy, too.

The decision to cut both Chris Carter and Howard Jones while adding So'oto on there is curious. And never explained. He just talks about the need to long snap, as if Greg Warren will be out 12 weeks. Or that they haven't signed a guy in Luke Ingram.

Give him hell, Chidi! :chuckle: Would be interesting to see some roster picks from the forum.

Dwinsgames
08-17-2014, 08:48 PM

at the very minimum 5 jobs yet to be determined , some blunders and some good play could change several spots yet not to mention " injuries" ....

I have my " final 53" so to speak but its just to soon to carve it in stone or put in print for me

as a side note ...

I am not sure our opening day punter is on the current roster

Chidi29
08-17-2014, 09:35 PM
Agreed Dwins. Could be the same situation as last year.

Shoes
08-17-2014, 10:07 PM
at the very minimum 5 jobs yet to be determined , some blunders and some good play could change several spots yet not to mention " injuries" ....

I have my " final 53" so to speak but its just to soon to carve it in stone or put in print for me

as a side note ...

I am not sure our opening day punter is on the current roster

The guy we currently have makes me nervous. It may have been in part the long snapper, but he seemed to be just getting the punts off in the nick of time.

Psycho Ward 86
08-17-2014, 11:44 PM
QB-Ben Roethlisberger, Bruce Gradkowski, Landry Jones (sadly)

FB-Will Johnson

RB-Leveon Bell, Legarrette Blount, Dri Archer

WR-Antonio Brown, Marcus Wheaton, Lance Moore, Martavis Bryant, Justin Brown, Darrius Heyward-Bey

TE-Heath Miller, Matt Spaeth, Rob Blanchflower

OT-Kelvin Beachum, Marcus Gilbert, Mike Adams, Wesley Johnson

OG-Ramon Foster, David Decastro

C-Maurkice Pouncey, Cody Wallace

NT-Steve Mclendon, Daniel McCullers

DE-Cam Heyward, Cam Thomas, Stephon Tuitt, Josh Mauro

LB-Jarvis Jones, Jason Worilds, Lawrence Timmons, Ryan Shazier, Vince Williams, Howard Jones, Sean Spence, Arthur Moats, Terence Garvin

S-Troy Polamalu, Mike Mitchell, Shamarko Thomas, Will Allen, Robert Golden

CB-Ike Taylor, Cortez Allen, William Gay, Antwon Blake, Brice McCain

LS-Greg Warren

P-Brad Wing (ugh)

K-Shaun Suisham

And one other OL who I have no guess as to who that might be since I missed the 1st preseason game

KeiselPower99
08-18-2014, 07:09 PM
I had Browning making the team until his injury.