PDA

View Full Version : Steelers PATs: Go ahead, lay it on the line

stillers4me
08-17-2014, 05:01 PM
One last look at the Steelers’ last game …
• The fast guys stole the show in the 19-16 preseason victory over Buffalo on Saturday, but the slowest guys set the stage: Ben Roethlisberger went almost untouched in his quarter-plus of action, and that was almost entirely due to a rejuvenated, all-pistons-firing offensive line.

As Roethlisberger put it, “I think they did a heck of a job. They kept me clean. I don’t have any stains on my pants, so that’s good.”

He didn’t have any in East Rutherford the previous week, either, though that was different. By design, it turns out.

Kelvin Beachum was telling me after this game that the offensive plan was to run one week, with hardly any no-huddle, then throw this week, exclusively out of the no-huddle. And the biggest adjustment, of course, had to be made by the beef up front............

read more @ http://dkonpittsburghsports.com/2014/08/17/steelers-pats-go-ahead-lay-it-on-the-line/

Count Steeler
08-17-2014, 05:48 PM
PLEASE keep Ben clean all season. He is going to have a whale of a season, but unfortunately, he is going to attract media attention and I can see Goodell trying to spin his "rehabilitation suspension" into a "I'm glad Ben heeded my advice and turned his life around" while patting himself on the back.

He still owes Ben an apology. Publicly.

ALLD
08-17-2014, 06:04 PM
That is a great article, especially the last comment about Ben to Wheaton. The problem with cutting Landry is if Ben gets injured we have no back up for Gradski for the next game. CB and QB might be good draft prospects next year to keep us off the waiver wire.

Count Steeler
08-17-2014, 06:12 PM
Don't think Jones will get picked up by anyone. Can call him back in an emergency, or another cut/vet from other rosters after pre season is over.

If both Ben and Grad get hurt, Jones would not be the answer anyway.

SteelerFanInStl
08-17-2014, 06:38 PM
Don't think Jones will get picked up by anyone. Can call him back in an emergency, or another cut/vet from other rosters after pre season is over.

If both Ben and Grad get hurt, Jones would not be the answer anyway.

Exactly! We're screwed at that point anyway.

Dwinsgames
08-17-2014, 07:15 PM
Exactly! We're screwed at that point anyway.

we would be screwed before we reached that point in the depth chart IMO .. Gradkowshi is a guy who could win a game for you here and there but nothing more ...he is not a guy you could consistently win with unless your Def is only giving up 7 points a game ...

Charlie Batch in his semi prime would be an upgrade to Gradkowski ( I know most didn't like CB , but its true )

SteelerFanInStl
08-17-2014, 07:29 PM
we would be screwed before we reached that point in the depth chart IMO .. Gradkowshi is a guy who could win a game for you here and there but nothing more ...he is not a guy you could consistently win with unless your Def is only giving up 7 points a game ...

Charlie Batch in his semi prime would be an upgrade to Gradkowski ( I know most didn't like CB , but its true )

I agree, the reality is that we're screwed if we lose Ben, period. That's what I had said in another thread.

86WARD
08-17-2014, 09:37 PM
That is a great article, especially the last comment about Ben to Wheaton. The problem with cutting Landry is if Ben gets injured we have no back up for Gradski for the next game. CB and QB might be good draft prospects next year to keep us off the waiver wire.

Sure they do. It's called free agency.

I'd take all of the following, who I believe are still available, over Jones.

Kevin Kolb
John Skelton
Kyle Orton
David Carr
Tim Tebow
Seneca Wallace
Vince Young
Josh Freeman
David Garrard

pepsyman1
08-18-2014, 09:57 PM

That's STILL almost a decade ago! Lol. Kevin Kolb or Kyle Orton wouldn't be a bad choice

Steeldude
08-19-2014, 08:51 AM

They could pretty much pick up any FA QB in case of an injury to BR. Jones is easy to replace.