PDA

View Full Version : Bills: Winners and Losers

stillers4me
08-17-2014, 09:18 AM
I'll start by stating the obvious:

Ryan Shazier: Big Fat W

Landry Jones:

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608027954732470212&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

tube517
08-17-2014, 09:32 AM
W: Shazam, Ben, Antonio

L: Landry Stoudt

Dwinsgames
08-17-2014, 09:41 AM
will avoid mentioning guys like Ben and AB as we know they are part of all that is good with the team

W... Shazam , Mauro , Golden

L... Jones , Gradkowski , 2nd team O-Line ( Goose Wallace 2 penalties did not help )

CapLovesTroyP43
08-17-2014, 01:01 PM
W Ben, Ryan, Brown
L Squeezem for missing the extra point

Dwinsgames
08-17-2014, 01:04 PM
W Ben, Ryan, Brown
L Squeezem for missing the extra point

that miss could easily be chalked up to timing , new long snapper .....

86WARD
08-17-2014, 01:19 PM
W - pass blocking
L - run blocking

Steelerette
08-17-2014, 01:28 PM
L: Landry StoudtThat's an insult to Cliff Stoudt.

tube517
08-17-2014, 01:32 PM
That's an insult to Cliff Stoudt.

:lol:

Psycho Ward 86
08-17-2014, 01:41 PM
i think everybody above has the right idea. but wow, no one mentioned shamarko thomas? this guy is KILLING IT this preseason. i suppose we havent seen enough of him from a deep coverage stand point but his closing speed and anticipation on short passes and runs have been tremendous. and boy does he pack a wallop when he makes contact on the ball carrier. i dont know if im happy or mad about lake making him focus on just being a safety. i do want him to be the best safety he can be, but i also want to see him get on the field in any way possible.

honorable mention to markus wheaton. yeah, we didnt get to see him catch a lot of balls but what a huge burn of a TD on stephon gillmore. That is a quality NFL cornerback that he made look silly. Great hands, concentration, field awareness, and body control on that play.

stillers4me
08-17-2014, 01:59 PM
I didn't get to see the end of the game last night and just saw the HoJo fumble recovery. Wow.

X-Terminator
08-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Just got to see the replay. I'd definitely say the no-huddle offense and Ryan Shazier were big winners. Landry Jones was the biggest loser. That guy flat-out sucks. Surely they can find someone off the street better than this jabroni? I wasn't all that impressed with the run blocking and Bruce Gradkowski either.

SteelerFanInStl
08-17-2014, 03:02 PM
Just got to see the replay. I'd definitely say the no-huddle offense and Ryan Shazier were big winners. Landry Jones was the biggest loser. That guy flat-out sucks. Surely they can find someone off the street better than this jabroni? I wasn't all that impressed with the run blocking and Bruce Gradkowski either.

I'm with you X-T. Jones sucks and shouldn't even be on the team. There's no reason to waste a roster spot on him. I'd be perfectly happy to go with 2 QBs on the roster since we're screwed if Ben gets hurt anyway.

tube517
08-17-2014, 03:21 PM
That AB, he sure is slow :chuckle:

st33lersguy
08-17-2014, 03:37 PM
W: Shazam with a smashing debut, Big Ben, AB, Dri Archer, Howard Jones who made another big play

L: Landry Jones who is probably a worse NFL QB than frickin Jamarcus, Martavis who is still no where near ready to contribute in the NFL, Brad Wing is sketchy

Shoes
08-17-2014, 04:08 PM

It's too bad because Jones has a good arm, he just seems to shut down when things go to crap.

Count Steeler
08-17-2014, 05:53 PM
Cut Jones loose and go with 2 QBs. We can use the extra roster spot on an LB. Another reason I would love to see the Long Snapper be a backup LBer, TE or lineman.

Dwinsgames
08-17-2014, 07:06 PM
It is a too bad because Jones has a good arm, he just seems to shut down when things go to crap.

he does have a good arm but did you see his face , several times they showed him and he just looks lost and shows NO enthusiasm whatsoever ...

I question his leadership abilities , I question his mental toughness , I question THIS game being to be for him ( NFL ) ...

Shoes
08-17-2014, 07:37 PM
he does have a good arm but did you see his face , several times they showed him and he just looks lost and shows NO enthusiasm whatsoever ...

I question his leadership abilities , I question his mental toughness , I question THIS game being to be for him ( NFL ) ...

I did and not a good sign, I feel bad for the kid.

Devilsdancefloor
08-17-2014, 10:19 PM
W thomas, Mauro Shazier 1st team O ho-jo/so'oto

L -Jones, Blake

HollywoodSteel
08-17-2014, 10:55 PM
Agree with everything everyone is already saying, but I'd also give a W to Tuitt. Did you see him run down that TE from behind? That's the kind of "no quit" play you like to see from a rookie.

All the starting LBers looked good except Chris Carter. He had a sure sack that he let go that turned into a completion for the Bills. Just glad he isn't an actual starter because we really need J. Jones to step up big time this year. Remind me why James Harrison is not on this team again? Maybe the coaches know something I don't, but I'd take a 50 year old James Harrison with his strength and attitude (plus knowledge of our system) over Chris Carter any day.

Oh, and and speaking of LBers, a W also goes to Joey Porter. Did you see how fired up he was, and nearly gave Shazier a headbutt against Shazier's helmet after his pick. You could just tell how proud he was and how much attitude he's instilling in this unit. I'm very happy to have him onboard. Porter has, and always will be, a Steeler through and through (no matter what weird jerseys he wore at the end of his career. Hell, I might even rather have him suit up on Sundays over Chris Carter.

HollywoodSteel
08-17-2014, 11:02 PM
i think everybody above has the right idea. but wow, no one mentioned shamarko thomas? this guy is KILLING IT this preseason. i suppose we havent seen enough of him from a deep coverage stand point but his closing speed and anticipation on short passes and runs have been tremendous. and boy does he pack a wallop when he makes contact on the ball carrier. i dont know if im happy or mad about lake making him focus on just being a safety. i do want him to be the best safety he can be, but i also want to see him get on the field in any way possible.

honorable mention to markus wheaton. yeah, we didnt get to see him catch a lot of balls but what a huge burn of a TD on stephon gillmore. That is a quality NFL cornerback that he made look silly. Great hands, concentration, field awareness, and body control on that play.

Totally agree with you about Shamarko. Plus, let's remember that he saved Golden's ass on a play where Golden bounced off a guy, failing to make a tackle, and then Shamarko stripped the ball allowing Golden to recover it and not look like a total douche on the play. It would have been a big gain for the bills if Sharkando hadn't been there to take a bite out of it.

stillers4me
08-18-2014, 05:53 AM
Oh, and and speaking of LBers, a W also goes to Joey Porter. Did you see how fired up he was, and nearly gave Shazier a headbutt against Shazier's helmet after his pick. You could just tell how proud he was and how much attitude he's instilling in this unit. I'm very happy to have him onboard. Porter has, and always will be, a Steeler through and through (no matter what weird jerseys he wore at the end of his career. Hell, I might even rather have him suit up on Sundays over Chris Carter.

I saw Joey all fired up a couple of times! Having him back in Pittsburgh just seems so right! And did you see LeBeau at the end when we caused that fumble? I was a little worried for his health at that point! :lol: He sure was happy to see his D causing some havoc again!

GBMelBlount
08-18-2014, 07:31 AM
Jones looked better his rookie season.

He has lost his confidence.

I really feel for the guy.

CapLovesTroyP43
08-18-2014, 07:31 AM
So Peezy is back playing for us? Wow, I didn't know that! Awesomeness!!!!

venom
08-18-2014, 07:33 AM
Me when I saw how Ben played like Saturday Night

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d38/johnnymendo/jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1.jpg

zulater
08-18-2014, 07:34 AM
W - pass blocking
L - run blocking

Bills got a pretty strong D-line. The first team ran the ball well the week before against the Giants, so I think it might have had more to do with the Bills defense than a lack of proficiency on the Steelers part? :noidea:

GBMelBlount
08-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Bills got a pretty strong D-line.

The first team ran the ball well the week before against the Giants,

so I think it might have had more to do with the Bills defense than a lack of proficiency on the Steelers part? :noidea:

Do you recall what our YPC was in week 1?

I consider running the ball well at LEAST 4.0 ypc or better.

polamalubeast
08-18-2014, 02:44 PM
Do you recall what our YPC was in week 1?

I consider running the ball well at LEAST 4.0 ypc or better.

Bell had 18 yards in 3 carries vs NYG...