PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Defensive Line Picture Coming Into Focus

GBMelBlount
08-17-2014, 08:53 AM
After two preseason games, it would seem that we are beginning to see certain positions stabilize in terms of the depth chart for the Pittsburgh Steelers. The defensive line in particular was an area of confusion, but clarity is slowly emerging.

The second-team defensive line last night, for example, saw the combination of second-round pick Stephon Tuitt at left defensive end, sixth-rounder Daniel McCullers at nose tackle, and undrafted free agent Josh Mauro at right defensive end.

In addition to the starters, this group may be the six-man stable that the Steelers enter the season with.

That’s not set in stone, of course...

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/08/defensive-line-picture-coming-focus/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29

Dwinsgames
08-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Mauro has been a beast thus far in preseason game action , I am still baffled at how we got him as an UDFA he was a 4th round talent in my book since last december

Count Steeler
08-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Good call on Mauro, Dwins. He reminds me of Hoke.

SteelerFanInStl
08-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Based on what I've seen so far, I think that Mauro has definitely made this team. I'm excited about the future of our D Line with these young guys.

Now if only we had some young CBs to get excited about.

Edman
08-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Big Dan is the only true Nose Tackle we have on the Roster right now, and the first true NT since Casey and Hoke left. Guy ties up blockers like nobody's business. McClendon is just not a Nose Tackle. I'm re-watching the Bills game and Buffalo many times had success running up the middle and his gap.

Josh Mauro looks like Brett Keisel Mk.II. Guy who came out of nowhere and becomes a contributor.

steelreserve
08-18-2014, 11:25 AM
Now if only we had some young CBs to get excited about.

No, no - we've got it covered. We'll just use the same strategy we use for nose tackles - draft one in the late rounds every couple of years and watch most of them wash out after barely even seeing the field. That way, it'll only be about 5 years after our previous starters retire until we have a replacement! Works out great.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/capt_taco/851607746_zpsaf71cba2.gif