PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin: Dennis Dixon could still win Steelers' starting QB job

polamalubeast
08-17-2010, 05:00 PM
"He's got to take the job if he's going to take it," Tomlin told NFL Network. "He's doing a nice job thus far, and we're going to continue to give him opportunities to do that."

read more

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/08/mike-tomlin-dennis-dixon-could-still-win-steelers-starting-qb-job/1

SMR
08-17-2010, 05:06 PM
"He's got to take the job if he's going to take it," Tomlin told NFL Network. "He's doing a nice job thus far, and we're going to continue to give him opportunities to do that."

read more

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/08/mike-tomlin-dennis-dixon-could-still-win-steelers-starting-qb-job/1

:tt02::tt02::tt02::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Nadroj 20
08-17-2010, 05:12 PM
At least we now know its possible and Tomlin isnt dead set on Byron no matter what. Good to know.

SteelerEmpire
08-17-2010, 05:16 PM
I didn't know when Coach T was gonna say this, but I knew he would...

SMR
08-17-2010, 05:25 PM
At least we now know its possible and Tomlin isnt dead set on Byron no matter what. Good to know.

It's good to know that Tomlin is willing to exercise reasonable flexibility!

Killer
08-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Calm down muffins...

Tomlin and his assistant coaches did caution reporters not to put too much stock in Dixon's performance in the first Steelers' first preseason game.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_695168.html

"It was a nice start, guys, and that's what it was," Tomlin said of Dixon's showing. "He was productive. Half of that production came in the fourth quarter, so we're not going to get carried away."

"You look at him and all you think of is Kordell Stewart," Ward said of Dixon. "It's still a learning curve for him. When he's supposed to be looking right, he's looking left, stuff like that. But with that comes practice. The more reps he gets with the guys, he's going to continue to get better. He just adds another dimension to our offense."

tony hipchest
08-17-2010, 05:46 PM
hines ward has publicly campaigned for more playing time with dixon.

fansince'76
08-17-2010, 05:51 PM
"You look at him and all you think of is Kordell Stewart," Ward said of Dixon. "It's still a learning curve for him. When he's supposed to be looking right, he's looking left, stuff like that."Thankfully we're not going to be forced to endure 5+ seasons of this "learning curve."

BlastFurnace
08-17-2010, 05:54 PM
I can't stomach another QB who only does one read and takes off and runs. That is exactly what Dixon did the other night. Defenses will shut that one trick pony down in a heartbeat.

steelwalls
08-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Thankfully we're not going to be forced to endure 5+ seasons of this "learning curve."

AMEN!

zulater
08-17-2010, 10:01 PM
I can't stomach another QB who only does one read and takes off and runs. That is exactly what Dixon did the other night. Defenses will shut that one trick pony down in a heartbeat.

If it can get us through four games I'm ok with it.

BlastFurnace
08-17-2010, 10:31 PM
If it can get us through four games I'm ok with it.

Even if they are losses?

Atlanta, Tennessee, and Baltimore would shut that stuff down in a second.