PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Shazier could miss another game

Shoes
08-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Guess it was more than a Boo-boo.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/14/ryan-shazier-could-miss-another-game/

not sure how keeper got on the title of the thread, dang iphones

blackngldblood
08-14-2014, 02:02 PM
So Shazier gets hurt in camp and the first comment is "bust". Jesus Christ, people are fucking retarded. Pardon the language...

fansince'76
08-14-2014, 02:37 PM
So Shazier gets hurt in camp and the first comment is "bust". Jesus Christ, people are fucking retarded. Pardon the language...

Not just a bust, but an injury-prone bust! :chuckle:

blackngldblood
08-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Not just a bust, but an injury-prone bust! :chuckle:

"He was a reach that is a fifth round talent. Colbert strikes again!" LMFAO!

st33lersguy
08-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Better they hold him out the rest of the preseason and make sure he is healthy come week 1

vader29
08-14-2014, 02:48 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/33m4rh1.jpg

:chuckle:

fansince'76
08-14-2014, 02:49 PM

X-T will appreciate this one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

blackngldblood
08-14-2014, 02:53 PM

Haha! I can't help myself some times! I get a little faith in humanity and have to come back down to earth!

Craic
08-14-2014, 02:56 PM
X-T will appreciate this one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah yeah. Heck, that might even BE X-T. :chuckle:

Steeldude
08-14-2014, 02:56 PM
What's this? Steeler players are hurt and the list is mounting? No surprise there. Same goes for all NFL players nowadays. Team camps are way too short and too easy.

tube517
08-14-2014, 04:16 PM
So, the bust from 2012 will get a chance to get some snaps again! :lol:

SteelerFanInStl
08-14-2014, 06:11 PM
"He was a reach that is a fifth round talent. Colbert strikes again!" LMFAO!

See, that's hilarious! People say that I'm a masochist for reading the comments on Steeler articles but they're funny!

BigNastyDefense
08-14-2014, 06:56 PM
Big freaking deal. He would play what, one or two drives? I think the Steelers know what they have in him if he was a starter heading into camp.

Let Spence get those snaps, he needs them maybe more than Shazier due to him not playing any football since pre-season 2012.

Shazier is football smart, can go sideline to sideline with his speed, can get pressure on the QB. I watched him play a lot at Ohio State, and this guy is going to be hella good. Anyone calling him an injury bust is a dope who should be thrown out of Steeler Nation.

blackngldblood
08-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Big freaking deal. He would play what, one or two drives? I think the Steelers know what they have in him if he was a starter heading into camp.

Let Spence get those snaps, he needs them maybe more than Shazier due to him not playing any football since pre-season 2012.

Shazier is football smart, can go sideline to sideline with his speed, can get pressure on the QB. I watched him play a lot at Ohio State, and this guy is going to be hella good. Anyone calling him an injury bust is a dope who should be thrown out of Steeler Nation.

I highly doubt those commenters are Steelers fans. Probably troll ravens fans at best.

BigNastyDefense
08-14-2014, 10:05 PM
I highly doubt those commenters are Steelers fans. Probably troll ravens fans at best.

I wouldn't be shocked if they were Steelers fans. I love this team, and I like the people on this board. But a large portion of Steeler Nation is stuck up and spoiled. They constantly B&M whenever our front office does something. Don't sign someone? The guys running the team are dumb. Draft the guy they didn't want, the guy's a bust before the season even starts.

Shazier was a very unpopular pick when it first happened. People wanted Dennard out of Michigan State, and he was there for the taking. Instead the Steelers took Shazier, who played for a defense that folded in the last two games of the season (which wasn't Shazier's fault, Buckeye corners were burnt toast in those two games). People have warmed up to the pick, but those same doubters will come out of the woodwork screaming "bust" and "injury prone" if Shazier misses a single regular season game and doesn't have 2000 tackles this season.

blackngldblood
08-14-2014, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if they were Steelers fans. I love this team, and I like the people on this board. But a large portion of Steeler Nation is stuck up and spoiled. They constantly B&M whenever our front office does something. Don't sign someone? The guys running the team are dumb. Draft the guy they didn't want, the guy's a bust before the season even starts.

Shazier was a very unpopular pick when it first happened. People wanted Dennard out of Michigan State, and he was there for the taking. Instead the Steelers took Shazier, who played for a defense that folded in the last two games of the season (which wasn't Shazier's fault, Buckeye corners were burnt toast in those two games). People have warmed up to the pick, but those same doubters will come out of the woodwork screaming "bust" and "injury prone" if Shazier misses a single regular season game and doesn't have 2000 tackles this season.

Hahahaha! Touché! I was one of those that wanted Dennard, but once I learned what Shazier can bring to this defense I warmed up quick!

Maybe it's the same sect of the fan base that are positive that ARII is conspiring to et rid of Ben?

st33lersguy
08-14-2014, 10:27 PM

Agreed, LeBeau gives starting jobs to rookies as often as snow falls in the southern part of the country. Obviously he has shown a lot when healthy. Plus holding him out of preseason and having him 100% for the season surely beats the crap out of what happened to David DeCastro his rookie preseason and worse yet Spence

X-Terminator
08-14-2014, 11:10 PM

I think I'm going to save this meme and post it every time someone slips up. :rofl2:

BTW, all that post did was validate everything I've ever said about the majority of Steelers fans. Stuck-up, spoiled and fickle as fuck. And then we wonder why we just might be the most hated fan base in the NFL.

zulater
08-15-2014, 04:58 AM
I think I'm going to save this meme and post it every time someone slips up. :rofl2:

BTW, all that post did was validate everything I've ever said about the majority of Steelers fans. Stuck-up, spoiled and fickle as fuck. And then we wonder why we just might be the most hated fan base in the NFL.

I don't think it's fair to say that about the fanbase as a whole because of a vocal minority. A very small one at that.

And we're far from the "most hated fan base in the NFL." Cowboy fans, Eagles fans, Seahawk fans, and Raider fans all have a more negative reputation than Steeler fans. But even any of those pale in comparison to the collective hatred that Patriot fans derive as a whole. lol

zulater
08-15-2014, 05:11 AM
By the way what evidence is there that those negative comments were made by Steeler fans? PFT is not a Steeler site. More likely the comments were made by no nothing contrarian's who just like to pile on any perceieved mistake by anyone because it makes them feel important or something?

As for me personally and all Steeler fans I know in the flesh and blood. We're a little let down by the delay of Shazier getting on the field. But we also know injuries happen. And we're still very enthused by the pick. And hope he's on the field at full speed by the season opener.

Would it surprise me if this proves to be a little setback and he gets off to a slow start in games that matter over this injury? Not entirely. Hope not, but injuries can curtail a young players early career. Witness LeVeon Bell last year and Will Wheaton. But just as I'm very high on them a slow start by Shazier wont dissaude me from thinking this was a great pick and that he'll eventually settle in and be a high impact defender for the Steelers for years.

X-Terminator
08-15-2014, 08:10 AM
By the way what evidence is there that those negative comments were made by Steeler fans? PFT is not a Steeler site. More likely the comments were made by no nothing contrarian's who just like to pile on any perceieved mistake by anyone because it makes them feel important or something?

As for me personally and all Steeler fans I know in the flesh and blood. We're a little let down by the delay of Shazier getting on the field. But we also know injuries happen. And we're still very enthused by the pick. And hope he's on the field at full speed by the season opener.

Would it surprise me if this proves to be a little setback and he gets off to a slow start in games that matter over this injury? Not entirely. Hope not, but injuries can curtail a young players early career. Witness LeVeon Bell last year and Will Wheaton. But just as I'm very high on them a slow start by Shazier wont dissaude me from thinking this was a great pick and that he'll eventually settle in and be a high impact defender for the Steelers for years.

Anything is possible on the Internet. And story comments are a breeding ground for abject stupidity and ignorance, which is why a lot of media sites either don't have them or got rid of them. That is also why no one should ever read them, especially since so many of them aren't moderated.

Anyway, yeah, it's PFT, so not only should you not read the comments, you shouldn't even bother clicking on the link and give that punk Florio any hits whatsoever.

tube517
08-15-2014, 08:10 AM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-pittsburgh-steelers-training-camp-news-times-schedule-tickets-updates/2014/8/14/6004501/steelers-injury-report-shazier-a-full-participant-in-thursday-practice

Chidi29
08-15-2014, 11:25 AM
I'd expect Shazier to play Saturday.

fansince'76
08-15-2014, 11:49 AM

I think there's a very sizable contingent of Steelers Nation who had their hearts set on a CB in the first round and, unless he plays like a future HoFer immediately, will bash the Shazier pick at every opportunity. Especially since the CB the majority of them coveted the most (Dennard) went to a division rival nine picks after the Steelers took Shazier.

NJarhead
08-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Fell while trail running a couple weeks ago, bruised my knee too. While I don't claim to be an athlete, I'm still not able to run without pain and don't expect to until some time next week.

X-Terminator
08-15-2014, 12:12 PM
I think there's a very sizable contingent of Steelers Nation who had their hearts set on a CB in the first round and, unless he plays like a future HoFer immediately, will bash the Shazier pick at every opportunity. Especially since the CB the majority of them coveted the most (Dennard) went to a division rival nine picks after the Steelers took Shazier.

I was one of those fans who wanted a CB and didn't like the Shazier pick when it was made. However, unlike that contingent of Steelers fans, I'm not going to doom the kid to failure. From everything I've read, he should be a solid player, and that's good enough for me.

NJarhead
08-15-2014, 12:16 PM
I was one of those fans who wanted a CB and didn't like the Shazier pick when it was made. However, unlike that contingent of Steelers fans, I'm not going to doom the kid to failure. From everything I've read, he should be a solid player, and that's good enough for me.

Ditto

Shoes
08-15-2014, 01:35 PM
The comments on PFT are pretty much the same on every topic, year round and probably all made by Florio.

As I said in the draft threads, I'm very pleased with this years draft and think Tomlin and Colbert did a good job.

st33lersguy
08-15-2014, 06:50 PM

I didn't like the pick initially, but then I learned about the kid, saw some highlights, and thought about what he could he bring and quickly got hooked on the pick. I didn't like the pick because I didn't bother researching the kid pre-draft because many draft pundits had him going in the bottom 3rd of the draft. In retrospect he should have been rated higher

SteelerFanInStl
08-15-2014, 07:17 PM

I'm one of those also. I wanted a CB and still think that we need one.

Shazier is a Steeler now though and I'm 100% behind him. I'm also very excited to see what he can do and think that he's going to be a great player.

zulater
08-15-2014, 11:44 PM

I really don't see that. 90% of the people I know and know of through things like Steeler message boards got on board with the pick by the first OTA if not earlier. I suppose there's a few holdouts, but overall I get the sense that Steeler nation is very enthused with the p[ick of Shazier.

Regardless I still say XT's blanket condemnation of Steeler fans is way over the top and inaccurate to boot. Sure we got our share of knuckle heads. What fan base doesn't? But we also got a lot of special people who cheer on the black and gold as evidenced by the majority of our posters here. To claim we're the worst fans of any team is total shit!

X-Terminator
08-16-2014, 12:10 AM
I really don't see that. 90% of the people I know and know of through things like Steeler message boards got on board with the pick by the first OTA if not earlier. I suppose there's a few holdouts, but overall I get the sense that Steeler nation is very enthused with the p[ick of Shazier.

Regardless I still say XT's blanket condemnation of Steeler fans is way over the top and inaccurate to boot. Sure we got our share of knuckle heads. What fan base doesn't? But we also got a lot of special people who cheer on the black and gold as evidenced by the majority of our posters here. To claim we're the worst fans of any team is total shit!

First, I didn't say "all," I said "the majority." Second, I will give you the Raiders fans and the Patriots as being as hated or more hated than the Steelers and our fans, but Dallas? Come on, other than Steelers fans and the NFC teams, no one really gives a shit about Dallas, other than as a running joke for the last 20 years.

Bottom line, this type of garbage happens every single freaking year from many in our fan base. For heaven's sake, we still have a LOT of fans who don't like Tomlin and have never liked him from the moment he got the job. But yet, somehow that's supposed to be glossed over? Sorry, but I will not do that. We have a LOT of warts, to the point that we should not be pounding our chests about being the best fans in the NFL, because we aren't.

ETA: I came to this opinion because I live in Pittsburgh, and see this on display every single day. Now I understand that a lot of Steelers fans don't live in Pittsburgh, but considering how many idiots there are among them...well, my opinion really doesn't change a whole lot. The fans who post here are most definitely exceptions to that, and I'll take our little corner of the Internet any day of the week.

Count Steeler
08-16-2014, 06:23 AM
Let's not forget gentlemen that we are seeing a microcosm of society in general. If society in general is crumbling, I don't think Steeler Nation would be immune to it.

I would love to think that Steeler fans are above the bar, but, unfortunately, the Steelers are a popular team and we draw fans from every layer of society. Unfortunately, the pool we draw from is becoming unfathomable.

Degenerate, spoiled and entitled people exist in society, so therefore, they will exist in Steeler Nation.

X-Terminator
08-16-2014, 07:54 AM
Let's not forget gentlemen that we are seeing a microcosm of society in general. If society in general is crumbling, I don't think Steeler Nation would be immune to it.

I would love to think that Steeler fans are above the bar, but, unfortunately, the Steelers are a popular team and we draw fans from every layer of society. Unfortunately, the pool we draw from is becoming unfathomable.

Degenerate, spoiled and entitled people exist in society, so therefore, they will exist in Steeler Nation.

Agreed. Some don't want to admit it, but this is the truth.

CapLovesTroyP43
08-16-2014, 10:49 AM
Trust me, he is good. My mom is a rabid OSU fan and when on defense, his name was called very frequently. I am NOT an OSU fan however I was drawn to him because I love his last name. I think he's a great pick for this team and if they want to rest him until the season starts, more power to them.

st33lersguy
08-16-2014, 09:45 PM
Should have drafted Dennard, lol

zulater
08-16-2014, 09:50 PM

Of course. It goes without saying. But the suggestion was that the Steelers had a higher percentage of these people as fans than any other team. To which I still say bullshit.

X-Terminator
08-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Of course. It goes without saying. But the suggestion was that the Steelers had a higher percentage of these people as fans than any other team. To which I still say bullshit.

OK Zu, here's the bottom line. I am sick and tired of these idiots having such a loud voice and growing presence on the Internet and on the radio call-in shows, to the point where they are drowning out the voices of the good and true Steelers fans. Can we at least agree on that?

zulater
08-17-2014, 06:09 AM
OK Zu, here's the bottom line. I am sick and tired of these idiots having such a loud voice and growing presence on the Internet and on the radio call-in shows, to the point where they are drowning out the voices of the good and true Steelers fans. Can we at least agree on that?

Absolutely. But as someone who drives for a living and listens to sports radio across the country I can assure you those idiots are everywhere.

I guess some people use sports as an outlet to either celebrate or voice their frustration's when things go wrong. . Most are harmless, some are down right entertaining. But the bottom line is you just got to either laugh at them or ignore them.

SteelerFanInStl
08-17-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm not so sure that these idiots haven't always existed but there simply wasn't a medium for them to voice their idiocy before the boom of social media.

fansince'76
08-18-2014, 03:26 PM

Well, he kinda played like a future HoFer, so all is good, I guess. :chuckle:

11 tackles and 1 INT in a quarter-and-a-half? Damn!

stillers4me
08-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Should have drafted Dennard, lol

:buttkick:

Count Steeler
08-18-2014, 05:22 PM
Well, he kinda played like a future HoFer, so all is good, I guess. :chuckle:

11 tackles and 1 INT in a quarter-and-a-half? Damn!

Until he gets blanked and doesn't show up, or the DL gets blowed up and he can't make the plays. Then the FO will be trashed.