PDA

View Full Version : Watershed moment for Spence, but starters yield early TD

stillers4me
08-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Sean Spence is one of the lucky ones. He is getting to play football again.

After a severe knee injury that could have ended his career, Spence played his first football game in two years Saturday night when he started the Steelers' preseason opener against the New York Giants.

"Words can't really explain it," Spence said after the Steelers opened with a 20-16 loss. "Emotions were running very high. It's a blessing to be back on the field, with my teammates, doing what I love.".........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/08/10/Steelers-notebook-Watershed-moment-for-Spence-but-starters-yield-early-TD/stories/201408100152#ixzz39zTvZtaC

ALLD
08-10-2014, 07:53 AM
I went through similar circumstances and can guarantee that Spence is playing with higher intensity, more focus and a sense of urgency. The peaks and valleys of life changing events have a way of making or breaking a human being.

GBMelBlount
08-10-2014, 09:23 AM
I went through similar circumstances and can guarantee that Spence is playing with higher intensity, more focus and a sense of urgency.

The peaks and valleys of life changing events have a way of making or breaking a human being.

How true.

Exactly how I felt in college when my elbow snapped.

How someone responds to adversity tells you a lot about a person's character imho.

Spence has "character" in spades.

Love this guy...

ALLD
08-12-2014, 06:42 AM
Could not say it right away until Spence took the field.