PDA

View Full Version : What / who are you looking forward to watching most tonight?

GBMelBlount
08-09-2014, 07:22 AM
We have Ben. We have a strong stable of backs. We have some talented receivers. We have a young, fast and athletic defense.

Because our young defense will take some time gel I believe our offense needs to come out of the gate where they left of last year - firing on all cylinders....and I think the offensive line is the key to this happening.

What I want to see is some sustained drives and touchdowns from our first team offense.

What are you most interested in seeing?

tube517
08-09-2014, 07:50 AM
All draft picks, Wheaton, j.brown, all the free agent pick ups, the OL.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

TMC
08-09-2014, 08:57 AM
I want to see the DL and the WRs. I think those are the biggest questions heading into this season.

Dwinsgames
08-09-2014, 09:16 AM
lots I am interested in seeing , every unit has question marks ( sure some excitement level too ) but as always when talking about unproven talent at this level you have to err on the side of cation even when trying to be optimistic ...

one thing we have to keep in mind the Gmen have already experienced this being their second pre season game so have an advantage of sorts as the rookie jitters are most severe in the first and last preseason game IMO ...

should be interesting and I think we will learn a lot over the next few weeks about this young group

SteelerFanInStl
08-09-2014, 09:22 AM
I just wish that I could watch the game live. NFL Network isn't showing the Steelers game until (I think) early Monday morning. I've got it set to record on the DVR.

I was mistaken. They're actually showing the game tonight @ 11 so ill watch it tomorrow.

Craic
08-09-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm with SteelerFanInStl... can't see it until it's played later on. But I'm most interested in seeing Munchak's influence on the offense.

tube517
08-09-2014, 10:49 AM
I just wish that I could watch the game live. NFL Network isn't showing the Steelers game until (I think) early Monday morning. I've got it set to record on the DVR.

Stream on computer?

stillers4me
08-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Joey Porter with his shirt rolled up. :heh:

SteelerFanInStl
08-09-2014, 11:47 AM
Stream on computer?

I've tried streaming of NFL games so many times and the fact is that they just suck. Crappy quality, sites that try to install other garbage on your computer, streams that disappear mid-game, etc. Not worth the effort, especially in this case when I can watch the game later after it's recorded.

I don't know what I'm going to do once the regular season starts. I had NFL Sunday Ticket again last year but I've already cancelled it for this season because of the cost. I thought that I had a great deal from DirecTV a few weeks ago but apparently the CS rep that gave me the deal really screwed up and flat out lied to me about what I'd be paying. I had to call them and cancel it and so far they're not willing to give me a decent deal. I'll keep trying.

Shoes
08-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Just about everything, including the punting department.

As for watching the games, I went with NFL preseason live again… incidentally, the quality seems better than previous years. I will probably go with direct TV for the regular season, kind of expensive, but cheaper than a season ticket when you live in Colorado. It's too bad you can pay for just the games you want to watch from preseason to SB.

steelreserve
08-09-2014, 03:27 PM
The rookies, and whether one of Gilbert/Adams has gotten his shit together with Munchak's help, and stopped playing like a rookie.

steelreserve
08-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Just about everything, including the punting department.

As for watching the games, I went with NFL preseason live again… incidentally, the quality seems better than previous years. I will probably go with direct TV for the regular season, kind of expensive, but cheaper than a season ticket when you live in Colorado. It's too bad you can pay for just the games you want to watch from preseason to SB.

Funny thing - in Europe, they have that streaming NFL Gamepass, and there's an option to get just the games from your team for $99, because they know most of the less-invested fans outside the U.S. aren't going to put up with that Sunday Ticket shit. In America: Stick it to the customer for every possible penny. Thanks, Rog - really appreciate it.

http://www.nfluk.com/tv-audio/nfl-game-pass

(there it's £89.99, so more like $150-$160, but from my experience everything in the UK is more expensive than elsewhere for no reason; they take the price of things in dollars or Euros and keep it the same in pounds, even though pounds are worth more. I don't really understand how that's possible, but it is. Anyway, point is, other places in Europe it's more like $90-$100. In the U.S. it's $250 or nothing.)

fansince'76
08-09-2014, 03:46 PM
I've tried streaming of NFL games so many times and the fact is that they just suck. Crappy quality, sites that try to install other garbage on your computer, streams that disappear mid-game, etc. Not worth the effort, especially in this case when I can watch the game later after it's recorded.

Pretty much where I'm at, too. Just isn't worth the effort. And I refuse to pay for Sunday Ticket. If they offered an "a la carte" version with only Steelers games at a substantially reduced price, then maybe.

SteelerFanInStl
08-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Pretty much where I'm at, too. Just isn't worth the effort. And I refuse to pay for Sunday Ticket. If they offered an "a la carte" version with only Steelers games at a substantially reduced price, then maybe.

I was really hoping that DirecTV wouldn't be able to renew their contract for Sunday Ticket but since AT&T bought them and the purchase depends on that contract, it'll definitely get renewed.

A la Carte would be great. I'd pay to just watch the Steelers. I don't see that happening though unfortunately.

I had Sunday Ticket for free last year because I left DirecTV for a year and then came back. I'm still trying to get it for free or at a greatly reduced price this year.

Moose
08-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Gotta be rookies....although J.Porter could be fun also. LOL

Shoes
08-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Funny thing - in Europe, they have that streaming NFL Gamepass, and there's an option to get just the games from your team for $99, because they know most of the less-invested fans outside the U.S. aren't going to put up with that Sunday Ticket shit. In America: Stick it to the customer for every possible penny. Thanks, Rog - really appreciate it.

http://www.nfluk.com/tv-audio/nfl-game-pass

(there it's £89.99, so more like $150-$160, but from my experience everything in the UK is more expensive than elsewhere for no reason; they take the price of things in dollars or Euros and keep it the same in pounds, even though pounds are worth more. I don't really understand how that's possible, but it is. Anyway, point is, other places in Europe it's more like $90-$100. In the U.S. it's $250 or nothing.)

and sadly its not just football where the US rapes its own citizens when it comes to money.