PDA

View Full Version : McLendon looking to make strides in 2nd year as Steelers' nose tackle

stillers4me
08-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Things didn't go as Steelers nose tackle Steve McLendon planned in 2013.

He couldn't consistently occupy blockers the way his predecessor, Casey Hampton, did for years, and the Steelers defense slid from second to 21st against the run.

McLendon's first year as a starter was affected by nagging bumps and bruises, too. And the pressure of replacing a defensive stalwart was inescapable as he struggled to fit in on a unit whose success against the run often hinges on a nose tackle's ability to keep blockers off the inside linebackers.

“I don't like the way I ended last year,” said McLendon, who missed two games with an ankle injury but finished with 33 tackles. “I'm also disappointed with how our season turned out. It bothered everyone, but we can't look back.” ......

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6551438-74/mclendon-hoke-nose#ixzz39fBiyv44

Psycho Ward 86
08-06-2014, 09:21 PM
since when is chris hoke helping out at TC? As an intern i assume? anyone know the buzz around that?

hoke looks good. obviously dropped a lot of weight, like a lot of former linemen do