PDA

View Full Version : Steelers LB Williams more confident after being 'terrified' as rookie at camp

stillers4me
08-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Vince Williams once again is fighting through Steelers camp, but the fight is different.

As an unheralded sixth-round draft pick out of Florida State in 2013, Williams was no lock to make the roster. The inside linebacker spent late nights buried in his playbook last summer, hoping his stay at St. Vincent wouldn't come to an abrupt end.

“I didn't know anything all the way up until the last cuts. I was sitting there nervous till I found out I made the team,” Williams said. “There was never a level of complacency ever. I didn't let it settle in until later in the season.” ........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6554880-74/williams-camp-steelers#ixzz39fBLSdHa

steelreserve
08-07-2014, 02:38 AM
I hope there's room for him; a lot was asked of him for a rookie, and he could've done worse. He could be a solid role player, or he could be the Baron Batch of linebackers. But he's the kind of guy where you get the feeling that if you cut him loose this soon, he'll turn up somewhere and you'll go, "Man, it turns out he was OK, and we had him for super cheap."

86WARD
08-07-2014, 12:07 PM
I think they make room for him. Adds some decent prospect depth IMO.

BigNastyDefense
08-07-2014, 05:17 PM
He's likely never going to start unless there's (hopefully not) an injury, but the guy is a hitter and I think he'd be a valuable backup and ST player. I hope he sticks.