PDA

View Full Version : MIKE MITCHELL HAS TEAMMATES ATTENTION

GBMelBlount
08-06-2014, 07:10 AM
Ike Taylor found out all he needed to know about Mike Mitchell on video.

It wasn’t the traditional NFL method of further review, but it sold the Steelers’ veteran cornerback on the new free-agent safety all the same.
“I remember him at Carolina,”

Taylor offered upon Mitchell’s reinstatement to active duty from the physically unable to perform list. “But I really remember him at the Raiders. I used to play Madden on PlayStation 3, and the Raiders were my team because of all the speed they had and I remember Mike Mitchell and his speed.

“Then last year what he did at Carolina was good, so I’m glad we got him.”

Mitchell scribbled his name across the stat sheet last season with the Panthers when he produced career-high totals in tackles (74), solo tackles (53), interceptions (four), sacks (3.5) and forced fumbles (two), and when he tied his career high in passes defensed (five).

http://www.chatsports.com/pittsburgh-steelers/a/Mike-Mitchell-Has-Teammates-Attention-2-10191441

:sofunny:

TMC
08-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Mike Mitchell was one of the guys I hoped they could get in free agency. I was hoping he would fly under the radar and not garner enough attention to get a big contract (I wanted him cheaper). I think he could be special in this defense. We often ask the free safety to patrol deep, give help over the top, and with Mitchell's speed and ability to go after the football, he could be a guy that turns the ball over quite frequently for the Steelers.

silver & black
08-08-2014, 05:08 PM
I wish he was still a Raider. Yea, he's got speed but, he's a big time hitter. He got called out more than a few times for crushing his own teammates in practice.