PDA

View Full Version : David Decastro thinks he's a Pro Bowl Player

Psycho Ward 86
08-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Read more: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-pittsburgh-steelers-training-camp-news-times-schedule-tickets-updates/2014/8/4/5965877/david-decastro-finally-getting-comfortable-in-the-nfl

David Decastro is entering his third NFL season with the Pittsburgh Steelers and has never made the Pro Bowl. However, he thinks he is a Pro Bowl player, and is determined to make the all star festivities this season.

"Personally, I think I can be a Pro Bowl-caliber player, but obviously that comes behind the team goals," DeCastro told Will Graves of the AP. "For me to get there, the best way is to have a good offensive line and a good team."

DeCastro knows the game. He holds the pedigree of an all pro guard coming from Standford, being a first round draft pick and even having the same number as one of the greatest lineman in Steelers' history, Alan Faneca, but his understanding that his personal goals take a back seat to the team goals is what could drive him to be great.

BigNastyDefense
08-04-2014, 07:59 PM
I love the fact that the team goal comes before his personal goal...though if he achieves that personal goal it does nothing but help the team.

st33lersguy
08-04-2014, 08:04 PM
We want to see him be that pro bowl player.

Craic
08-04-2014, 08:39 PM
I hate reporters.
Title:
David Decastro thinks he's a Pro Bowl Player

What he actually said:

Personally, I think I can be a Pro Bowl-caliber player

The former smacks of arrogance, the latter is confidence and determination. And yeah, I agree, I think he can do it too, and I also agree that he has his priorities set dead right.

ALLD
08-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Dude needs to stop falling into the center before he goes anywhere.

fansince'76
08-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Dude needs to stop falling into the center before he goes anywhere.

Well, now that he's got an actual position coach who knows what he's doing, hopefully that can be avoided...

86WARD
08-05-2014, 05:17 PM
He should be a Pro Bowl player. He's got the talent to be one.

ALLD
08-05-2014, 05:48 PM
He should be a Pro Bowl player. He's got the talent to be one.

Limas Sweed had all the talent in the world too, mind you DeCastro is no Sweed either.

86WARD
08-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Touché. Swede was taking over the world at one point...

Edman
08-06-2014, 12:57 AM
Decastro had the right season last year. He was very quiet.

XxKnightxX
08-06-2014, 03:32 PM
Decastro had the right season last year. He was very quiet.

I'll never forget the game against the lions. He manhandled Suh all game.

Psycho Ward 86
08-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Limas Sweed had all the talent in the world too, mind you DeCastro is no Sweed either.

except Decastro has actually had success in the league. he was very good last year, and im surprised he is rarely praised on this board or in the media. Ditto on that lions game!