PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame honors Post-Gazette Steelers reporter Ed Bouchette

stillers4me
08-03-2014, 10:08 AM
The first indication it was going to be a special weekend for Ed Bouchette came when he was assigned a driver to take him wherever he wanted to go for three days during the Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinement festivities.

But there was no destination he enjoyed being chauffeured to more than Fawcett Stadium, where he shared the stage and a bit of the spotlight Saturday night with the Class of 2014 and some of the players he helped vote into the Hall of Fame.

Bouchette, who has covered the Steelers for 30 years for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, received the Dick McCann Award at the beginning of the enshrinement ceremonies, getting a few "boos" from some of the gold-jacketed Hall of Famers on stage, including the former Steelers great whose jersey was recently retired -- Joe Greene.

"I think they were doing that for my last name," Bouchette said. "At least I think so."..........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/08/03/Hall-honor-humbling-to-sports-reporter-Ed-Bouchette/stories/201408030126#ixzz39LG9uF7J

Love him or hate him........congrats to Ed! Quite an honor.