Shoes
07-30-2014, 09:10 PM
High ankle sprain…that sucks!

86WARD
07-30-2014, 09:52 PM
Another busted 7th Round TE,..lol

Psycho Ward 86
07-31-2014, 12:01 AM
damnit. i hope we can sneak him onto the practice squad since it looks like he wont make it anymore. Heres to hoping we dont have to rely on david paulson at any point in the season

Shoes
07-31-2014, 07:58 AM
damnit. i hope we can sneak him onto the practice squad since it looks like he wont make it anymore. Heres to hoping we dont have to rely on david paulson at any point in the season

That's what I'm hoping for also.

Dwinsgames
07-31-2014, 01:15 PM
this may or may not impede his chances on the final 53 ... high ankle sprains are funny that way , some keep guys out for extended periods of time others do not ...

depends on the degree and if he has had them before ...

the more times you get the injury the longer the recovery time as it stretches the ligaments and they never go back as tight as they where prior so the more you get the tougher they are to over come and the most likely you will get them again

steelreserve
07-31-2014, 03:04 PM
I don't know, to me "high ankle sprain" usually means "done contributing for the season." 90% of the time, a guy sits out a month, comes back and still doesn't feel right, so he plays half the time and is mostly ineffective until he gets 3-4 months of rest in a row.

Yeah, I know it's a super long time until the season even starts, so he could physically be ready. But for a rookie especially, missing all the preparation from preseason is just a killer. I expect we'll be seeing a healthy dose of Paulson this year. :frusty:

ALLD
07-31-2014, 03:30 PM
We could have drafted Sean Lee.

Psycho Ward 86
07-31-2014, 05:32 PM
this may or may not impede his chances on the final 53 ... high ankle sprains are funny that way , some keep guys out for extended periods of time others do not ...

depends on the degree and if he has had them before ...

the more times you get the injury the longer the recovery time as it stretches the ligaments and they never go back as tight as they where prior so the more you get the tougher they are to over come and the most likely you will get them again

its a high ankle sprain. he's definitely going to miss the rest of the preseason games. If he's lucky he'll play in the last one and move like he has 40lb of cement on his foot.

Shoes
08-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Good news…Blanchflower, Mitchell & Zumwalt back at practice today.

Psycho Ward 86
08-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Good news…Blanchflower, Mitchell & Zumwalt back at practice today.

Blanchflower back "in some capacity." that alone makes me jump for joy. still a long shot to make the roster. its going to be hard for him to return to his "baby gronk" form at all before 53-man roster cuts.

i felt like he was shoe in before he got hurt. my hope is that the coaches have enough faith in miller and spaeth to stay healthy and keep blanch on the team as a PUP designation to start the season. will johnson was originally a tight end anyways, and reports are that he has hardly played anywhere but tight end all of TC. hate to see us risk blanch getting snagged if he were to be kept on practice squad.

Chidi29
08-04-2014, 11:13 PM
Blanchflower in positiional. Not in 11 on 11. But a great sign for a dude that was in a boot a few days ago.

He'd probably pass through waivers without a problem. 7th round pick, not like teams had that high of a level of interest to begin with. Teams prefer to stay in-house. For the most part. Keep the guys they know a lot about.

Shoes
08-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Blanchflower in positiional. Not in 11 on 11. But a great sign for a dude that was in a boot a few days ago.

He'd probably pass through waivers without a problem. 7th round pick, not like teams had that high of a level of interest to begin with. Teams prefer to stay in-house. For the most part. Keep the guys they know a lot about.

Let's hope he's a fast healer. When do you start back to school Alex?

Chidi29
08-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Let's hope he's a fast healer. When do you start back to school Alex?

25th

zulater
08-05-2014, 10:06 AM

Wouldn't be shocked f the Patriots put in a claim on him.

Dwinsgames
08-05-2014, 01:55 PM
its a high ankle sprain. he's definitely going to miss the rest of the preseason games. If he's lucky he'll play in the last one and move like he has 40lb of cement on his foot.

come again ?

1st time high ankle sprains if not a bad degree of sprain can be (but not always ) quick to recover from , its the later ones 2nd 3rd time around that seem to be the ones that linger forever ...

that is what I was basing my prior post on and perhaps did not word it quite as eloquently as I should have

86WARD
08-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Why do people continue to put the "Gronkowski" tag on him? Cause he's got a funky last name?

Psycho Ward 86
08-05-2014, 05:26 PM
come again ?

1st time high ankle sprains if not a bad degree of sprain can be (but not always ) quick to recover from , its the later ones 2nd 3rd time around that seem to be the ones that linger forever ...

A high ankle sprain IS a 3rd degree sprain. This is the worst kind of sprain possible. Repeated incidences of sprains revoke the ligaments original integrity and elasticity regardless of how severe it is. As per steelers depot, Blanch was back working "in some capacity." Probably on a bike. He's got a long way to go.

- - - Updated - - -

thats what im afraid of :lol:.

ALLD
08-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Why do people continue to put the "Gronkowski" tag on him? Cause he's got a funky last name?

I thought Gronkowski was our back up QB?

Dwinsgames
08-05-2014, 05:47 PM
A high ankle sprain IS a 3rd degree sprain. This is the worst kind of sprain possible. Repeated incidences of sprains revoke the ligaments original integrity and elasticity regardless of how severe it is. As per steelers depot, Blanch was back working "in some capacity." Probably on a bike. He's got a long way to go.

well Depot is wrong if that is what they said ...

High ankle sprains, like normal ankle sprains, are graded on a scale of 1–3 based on their severity

here is a good link

http://www.footvitals.com/ankle/high-ankle-sprain.html

Shoes
08-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Nice find Dwins, thanks for sharing that.

Chidi29
08-05-2014, 07:18 PM

True, true. Knew they had interest. And they did snag Gaffney from waivers when Carolina tries to stash him on IR.

- - - Updated - - -

well Depot is wrong if that is what they said ...

High ankle sprains, like normal ankle sprains, are graded on a scale of 1–3 based on their severity

here is a good link

http://www.footvitals.com/ankle/high-ankle-sprain.html

Like I wrote, Blanchflower was back in pads yesterday. In positional and then ran on the side. Out of the boot and the sleeve. Making good progress.

Shoes
08-05-2014, 07:29 PM

Thats my concern also. The pats were interested in him before the draft.

Psycho Ward 86
08-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Like I wrote, Blanchflower was back in pads yesterday. In positional and then ran on the side. Out of the boot and the sleeve. Making good progress.

Im jumping up and down. thrilled to eat my words. think he makes the 53 even with the injury?

Chidi29
08-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Im jumping up and down. thrilled to eat my words. think he makes the 53 even with the injury?

Spot up in the air. I had him on there before camp but he's gotta prove himself. Won't be given a spot. Third TE still very much up in the air.

Dwinsgames
08-05-2014, 08:01 PM

if all he has to do is unseat Paulson it should be in the bag , however with FB / TE Will Johnson taking most of his reps at TE it is hard to tell for sure what they are thinking ...

If Johnson has to earn his spot as a TE are they thinking of a 2 headed monster in the backfield with Blount as the FB ?

I honestly do not know just throwing mud at the wall and seeing if it sticks

Shoes
08-05-2014, 08:18 PM

I believe its because his playing style is similar to Gronks.

- - - Updated - - -

if all he has to do is unseat Paulson it should be in the bag , however with FB / TE Will Johnson taking most of his reps at TE it is hard to tell for sure what they are thinking ...

If Johnson has to earn his spot as a TE are they thinking of a 2 headed monster in the backfield with Blount as the FB ?

:chuckle:

Chidi29
08-05-2014, 08:32 PM

Johnson being moved to TE means they'll likely only keep three additional TEs. Not two. So one of Palmer/Paulson/Blanchflower/Waters will make it.

Psycho Ward 86
08-05-2014, 09:06 PM

The UMass fans gave him the nickname "Baby Gronk" during his college days

86WARD
08-06-2014, 06:20 AM
Yet he was a 7th Round draft pick...lol.