PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger will see action against Giants

Galax Steeler
08-17-2010, 03:43 AM
Ben Roethlisberger will play a game for the first time since Jan. 3 when the Steelers visit the New York Giants Saturday night.

While coach Mike Tomlin declined to reveal his plans for Roethlisberger, offensive coordinator Bruce Arians spilled the beans after practice Monday.

"Ben's going to play this week," Arians announced.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10229/1080515-66.stm#ixzz0wqohfIJ5

SteelerEmpire
08-17-2010, 03:48 AM
Kool...

venom
08-17-2010, 05:33 AM
Im there !!!!!!!!!!

zulater
08-17-2010, 05:36 AM
One series, maybe two at best, I hope anyway. We got a qb situation to resolve, we need to find out who between the other 3 can best get us through the first 4 games.

SteelMember
08-17-2010, 07:28 AM
One series, maybe two at best, I hope anyway. We got a qb situation to resolve, we need to find out who between the other 3 can best get us through the first 4 games.

It doesn't need to be much. He just needs to get his feet wet. The bigger issue could be how he responds to the opposing fans.

With Eli getting a bloody face last night, he may not play much either, so our D could have a big night. So we may not need a QB at all. :noidea::chuckle:

Moose
08-17-2010, 07:45 AM
I'm glad to see Ben get some reps anyway in game action, but I'd still like to see Dixon run a few series. Lefty is decent but I think Dixon's mobility is a factor for the other teams to deal with.

BigBenFn7
08-17-2010, 09:09 AM
I think it's good that he's returning on the road, especially in New York where the fans will be about as harsh as they come(aside from visits to Cincinnati and Baltimore are bound to be). It will let him begin the process of handling the stuff he'll have to deal with this season and possibly past that. It will be nice to see if it rattles him(I don't think it will) and how he looks conditioning wise. I hear he's in great shape so let's see it.

steelpride12
08-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Good to see Ben will get a few reps Saturday against the Giants. Won't be much more than a series if not just a few snaps before he is gone. When you have a QB controversy surrounding Lefty and Dixon that need's to be the main focus.

polamalubeast
08-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Roethlisberger will play, could start on Saturday for Steelers

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d819d1cc6/article/roethlisberger-will-play-could-start-on-saturday-for-steelers?module=HP_headlines

Nadroj 20
08-17-2010, 11:23 AM
eh whatever lol

I dont really care i guess it wont be a horrible idea to get him a little action.

steelerdude15
08-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Good, glad to see this.

Chidi29
08-17-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm actually going to give Arians a little flack on this one.

The QB situation was something Tomlin seemed to be wanting to keep an ultra-secret. He didn't even offer many details yesterday after the first practice since the game.

It's certainly not a huge deal, but from a principle standpoint, I'd rather had Arians follow suit. Tomlin probably wishes the same.

SteelCityMom
08-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Glad to see he's going to be taking the field. With him being out for at least 4 games, he needs all the real game practice he can get in...TC just isn't the same as real game play. I know it won't be for an extended amount of time or anything, but I think every little bit of game play will help in the long run.