PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger staging big comeback

stillers4me
07-26-2014, 07:49 AM
We're watching another comeback by Ben Roethlisberger. This one, though, almost nobody thought was possible.

Basically what happened Friday before players reported to training camp was Steelers president Art Rooney II put out word that his franchise quarterback would not receive a contract extension this season — but that Roethlisberger all but is guaranteed to finish his career with the only NFL team he has known.

“I think Ben understands our intentions and our commitment to getting his contract done next offseason,” Rooney said in a statement.
There is no way Rooney would release that statement without the approval of Roethlisberger and his representatives.........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/robrossi/6508175-74/roethlisberger-steelers-rooney#ixzz38ZuoXMZb

GBMelBlount
07-26-2014, 09:40 AM
Supposedly in great shape too.

Ben is hungry.

This team has a sense of ugency from bow to stern.

I like what I am seeing.

Unless we've been watching an amazingly scripted stage play the past three years,

Roethlisberger has grown into a humble, hard-working leader of this proud franchise. All that's left to do is for him to give a hometown discount on his last contract.

If he does, the Steelers are obligated to spend for the weapons he needs to seek Super Bowls instead of denying him an opportunity to rediscover greatness after the early glory days.

Roethlisberger is going to retire as a Steeler. He may retire as the Steeler of his generation or a Steeler for any generation.

The quarterback with 29 winning drives in the fourth quarter has the ball. We're watching a career-defining comeback.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/robrossi/6508175-74/roethlisberger-steelers-rooney#ixzz38aMWB6HB
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

stillers4me
07-26-2014, 09:46 AM

GBMelBlount
07-26-2014, 10:10 AM

If only he had Brady's toughness.

http://www.distractify.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads//2014/01//the-most-signature-tom-brady-gifs-the-high-five-fails-are-just-priceless-5.gif

ALLD
07-26-2014, 10:25 AM
A Super Bowl MVP will make him a HoFer.

Steelerette
07-26-2014, 07:19 PM
Don't call it a comeback...

He's been here for years.

GBMelBlount
07-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Don't call it a comeback...

He's been here for years.

Best QB under duress in the entire NFL the last 3 years.

The difference is he now has a supporting cast that can get it done.

zulater
07-26-2014, 08:26 PM
It will be nice to see what he might do if he's not constantly under duress. I got a feeling our offense is really going to excel this year.

GBMelBlount
07-26-2014, 08:34 PM
It will be nice to see what he might do if he's not constantly under duress.

I got a feeling our offense is really going to excel this year.

Hopefully Munchak turns this line into a crew of road pavers.

Craic
07-26-2014, 09:35 PM
I love how Ben has to make a "comeback" every other year. He's coming off one of his statistically best years, and remained healthy throughout that year for the first time . . . ever? I think that's right. So no, not a comeback. A better title would be, "Ben Returns to Highest Expectations Yet. . ." And the first line being: . . . And he just may exceed them."

It all hinges on that O line, but I do have a lot of hope in our new coach. I guess time will tell.

salamander
07-27-2014, 12:21 AM
I just have this strong feeling that the Steelers (Ben specifically) are really going to surprise people this season, and I mean that in a good way.