PDA

View Full Version : Steelers on the run (again)

stillers4me
07-20-2014, 09:27 AM
Steelers training camp, which opens Friday, never fails to produce surprises. But there are two things you can count on year after year:
1. It will be held in Latrobe.
2. There will be talk of exhuming a long-deceased running game.

Allow me to pull this excerpt from colleague Mark Kaboly's blog early in camp last year, when Mike Tomlin surprised onlookers by incorporating live tackling into drills (a move that had Dan Kreider fans everywhere frothing at the mouth):
“There's no secret the Steelers want to run the ball this year. No, like seriously run the ball like they used to. They ran for just more than 1,500 yards a year ago — their second fewest in a full season since the NFL adopted the 16-game schedule in 1978.”

Kaboly smartly tossed in this caveat: “Fans might be wise to temper their enthusiasm on the renewed vigor of the run game. I do believe that's been a theme for the past couple years, and we all know how that worked out.” ..............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/joestarkey/6444947-74/steelers-game-running#ixzz381EaygtW

fansince'76
07-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Bell/Blount > Redman/Dwyer

Munchak > Bicknell (understatement of the year)

I'm expecting improvement.

ALLD
07-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Let's hope for some innovation with the short passing game out of the backfield besides 1st and 10 up the middle, hey diddle, diddle.

GBMelBlount
07-20-2014, 12:26 PM
Let's hope for some innovation with the short passing game out of the backfield besides 1st and 10 up the middle, hey diddle, diddle.

Who is calling the plays?

Ben or Haley?

salamander
07-20-2014, 12:39 PM
Who is calling the plays?

Ben or Haley?

Clearly it's been Bruce Arians all along. :chuckle:

tube517
07-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Bell/Blount > Redman/Dwyer

Munchak > Bicknell (understatement of the year)

I'm expecting improvement.

Tuitt > Hood
Heath> no heath for a few games
Tomlin > Sideline dancing
Shazam > Williams/Polamalu at ILB

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

HollywoodSteel
07-20-2014, 06:56 PM
I guess it turns out

Beachum > Adams (at least at LT)

Perhaps the most unforgivable mistake made by Tomlin and the offensive coaching staff was not properly evaluating what they had at LT before the regular season started. I'm not saying that Beachum proved he was better than Adams in preseason, but hell, Max Starks would have been better. A huge part of our 0-4 start was our LT situation and the butterfly effect that flowed from there.

And what might be the most important thing of all:

Healthy offensive players > (I'm not gonna jinx us by saying it)

Psycho Ward 86
07-20-2014, 08:36 PM
Tuitt > Hood
Heath> no heath for a few games
Tomlin > Sideline dancing
Shazam > Williams/Polamalu at ILB

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

give this man a medal