PDA

View Full Version : Timmons feels pressure to transform Steelers back into contender

stillers4me
07-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Lawrence Timmons concedes he feels the weight of lofty expectations as the Steelers prepare to open training camp Friday at St. Vincent in Latrobe.

Timmons, arguably the Steelers' most effective defensive player the past four seasons, was thrust into a leadership role last year. This time, he's being counted upon to steer a wayward defense back in the right direction.

“I do feel like I have to do a lot for this team,” Timmons said. “With me being one of the older guys, I understand that if everybody does their job, everyone is going to make plays.”

Timmons, though, has proven to be the Steelers' most consistent playmaker during consecutive 8-8 seasons. In 2013, he led the team in tackles, tied for the most interceptions and often made the heavy hits that altered momentum as the Steelers stubbornly retreated from the playoff fight............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6444897-74/timmons-steelers-defense#ixzz381E0EmN7

86WARD
07-22-2014, 11:02 AM
They should all feel that pressure!!