PDA

View Full Version : Does Pittsburgh Steelers Roethlisberger Have Any 'Big Wins' Left?

polamalubeast
07-15-2014, 11:53 AM
http://nicepickcowher.com/2014/07/15/pittsburgh-steelers-roethlisberger-big-wins-left/

tube517
07-15-2014, 12:01 PM
No, he's done. He's just a game "manager" and a drama queen anyways. :chuckle:

86WARD
07-15-2014, 01:35 PM
He stinks. Landry Jones starts by Week 4 and not because of injury.

ALLD
07-15-2014, 02:18 PM
Ben is clutch. Bradshaw was clutch. Elway was clutch. Montana was clutch. Eli Manning was clutch in two games against the Pats when it mattered most.

Peyton Manning is the biggest choke artist in the NFL and NCAA when he played. Kurt Warner had a great arm, but unless he was in the lead he choked and blamed his thumb. Ben, Eli & Brad all scrambled and the latter two shed tacklers to make their Super Bowl/Immaculate Int throws. Others simply went down, fumbled or threw a pick.

Clutch is clutch. You know it when you see it and when you don't. Ben has more upside than P Manning or the douche'bag in NE.

Craic
07-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Didn't read the article.

I have noticed in the last two or three years that Ben didn't seem to have the same last minute, fourth quarter magic that he used to have. I don't know if that's because of Ben, because he no longer has Hines who he could depend on, or because there's no run game to wear teams out.

I'm sure we'll find out this coming year.

GBMelBlount
07-15-2014, 06:47 PM
Didn't read the article.

I have noticed in the last two or three years that Ben didn't seem to have the same last minute, fourth quarter magic that he used to have.

Ben had an amazing rookie season and won 2 superbowls early in his career. I think he became complacent.

I think Ben is hungry again and also thinking about his legacy.

I perdict a purty strong finish to Ben's career...

SteelerFanInStl
07-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Ben has plenty left. Everyone will see.

XxKnightxX
07-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Eli Manning was clutch in two games against the Pats when it mattered most..

Yes he was. But also let's not discount the other games such as the ones against the packers in 07 and 12 and the 49ers where this guy was playing like a possessed demon.

GBMelBlount
07-18-2014, 11:13 PM
Ben was part of a pretty good draft class. That's for sure.

Iron Steeler
07-20-2014, 07:22 AM
Yes . Is the answer to that question . Next stupid article title please

Moose
07-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Answer - hell yes ! Enough said.

silver & black
07-20-2014, 08:18 AM
Of course he doesn't! You need to trade him to us, even up for Matt Shaub, if you want to get to the show!:chuckle:

HollywoodSteel
07-20-2014, 06:01 PM
Didn't read the article.

I have noticed in the last two or three years that Ben didn't seem to have the same last minute, fourth quarter magic that he used to have. I don't know if that's because of Ben, because he no longer has Hines who he could depend on, or because there's no run game to wear teams out.

I'm sure we'll find out this coming year.

The article is actually a little more interesting than the silly title implies. It's more about his style of play being altered in Haley's offense, and that it might actually be preventing him from making those big plays that he used to make in order to win games like he used to. The author is just kind of discussing the question, and ultimately reaching the conclusion that Ben will be just fine. All I'm saying is that it was a more interesting read than I expected, given the purposefully inflammatory and click-baity title.