PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Film: Lance Moore and the Y stick route

GBMelBlount
07-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Plays like this will not make highlight reels, but they win football games. The fastest way to improve a passing offense is to get better at throwing 3 step routes like this. When done well, they are almost impossible to defend.

I love Jerricho Cotchery, but I believe Lance Moore could potentially be a huge bonus for the Steelers in the slot. Through the latter parts of Hines Ward's career, Ben Roethlisberger consistently hit Ward on these types of throws. He trusted Ward to be where he was supposed to be. I expect the same thing from Moore.

Finally, routes like this are important because of their utility. They work against anything; thus, no huddle teams run them a lot. It allows an offense to keep a rhythm, tempo, and the defense on its heels. The fact that the Steelers installed the no huddle so early this year is telling. Combine all of this with an improved run game, the potential for the Steelers offense in 2014 is tantalizing.

http://www.chatsports.com/pittsburgh-steelers/a/Steelers-Film-Room-Lance-Moore-and-the-Y-stick-route-2-10087466