PDA

View Full Version : Is the Title Window For the Pittsburgh Steelers Closing?

GBMelBlount
07-13-2014, 05:04 PM
And finally onto the most important team Yates wrote about, the Pittsburgh Steelers. Mr. Yates didn’t seem to have the same enthusiasm writing about the Steelers, who have missed the playoffs two years in a row. He ranked their roster 15th best in the league and pretty much said the only two good players on the Steelers are Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown. He mentioned that the defense lacked playmakers last season and the offensive line is a work in progress. Yates also talked about how the AFC North is much tougher division compared to the AFC East or AFC West, so winning division titles will be much harder for the Steelers. So far none of this is sounding optimistic.

Yates did however like the Steelers chances of having a larger title window than the Pats and Broncos because Big Ben is only 32 years old and seemingly will be in a black and gold jersey for many years to come.

http://nicepickcowher.com/2014/07/13/pittsburgh-steelers-title-window-closing/

blackngldblood
07-13-2014, 05:06 PM
I feel like it briefly closed, and is now re-opening. Ben has plenty left in the tank. If these rooks pan out, will be contenders again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polamalubeast
07-13-2014, 05:27 PM
The title window does not exist in sports

The best example are the spurs in the nba.....The window was supposed to be closed in 2010, but they have been a contender since then and they win the title in 2014....If you're smart, the window closed not exist

Iron Steeler
07-13-2014, 06:56 PM
Always open as long as we have Ben at qb

GBMelBlount
07-13-2014, 07:17 PM
I feel like it briefly closed, and is now re-opening. Ben has plenty left in the tank. If these rooks pan out, will be contenders again.

QFT - my thoughts exactly.

Sent from my home using my PC

Godfather
07-13-2014, 07:23 PM

Agree. We're just transitioning from one group of players to another. If our young talent pans out we'll be right back in the hunt.

Hawkman
07-13-2014, 09:16 PM
REALLY!!???

Butch
07-13-2014, 09:55 PM
The title window does not exist in sports

The best example are the spurs in the nba.....The window was supposed to be closed in 2010, but they have been a contender since then and they win the title in 2014....If you're smart, the window closed not exist

Well the Spurs window did seem to be closing quickly, but they have The Best Coach in the NBA and arguably the best coach in sports...of course I am biased. That all being said I believe the Spurs are the exception not the rule, look at the Lakers.

I also believe as others have said as long as we have Ben the window will be open.

Shoes
07-13-2014, 10:34 PM
QFT - my thoughts exactly.

Sent from my home using my PC

:chuckle:

Count Steeler
07-14-2014, 06:05 AM
There is no window if you don't make the playoffs.

Injuries and talent kept us from the playoffs the last 2 seasons. Let's see what this revamped crew can do. If they make the playoffs, window becomes open. No playoffs, still plenty of work to do.

salamander
07-14-2014, 07:01 AM
I think the window definitely opened back up a little bit this off-season.

tube517
07-14-2014, 10:53 AM
Fire Tomlin, Haley, LeBeau, Mitchell, Munchak, Lake, Porter, Butler and then use the pitchfork to open the Title Window again. :chuckle:

steelreserve
07-14-2014, 10:54 AM
Where has this guy been for the past couple years? It definitely slammed the hell shut. Maybe we can get a new one now that we've shed a bunch of dead weight and got some new guys who seem to be pretty good. Really the only players who are the same are Ben, Troy and Heath.

Edman
07-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Closing? It's been closed. For quite a while now.

It was slammed shut in Denver on January 2012. The Steelers have been reloading ever since.

The window opened up a little in 2014. This team is still very young and unproven, but this team has a much stronger pulse this year than the last two years.

KeiselPower99
07-15-2014, 06:11 PM
The window slammed shut when Tebow beat us in the playoffs. That was the last game of that great run. The last 2 years have been us retooling and getting better. The window is opening again and we should be able to bust it open real soon.

SteelerFanInStl
07-15-2014, 07:57 PM
I see the window opening back up.

steelreserve
07-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Opening back up may be so. It feels like we're headed in the right direction again, but I don't think it's all the way there yet. Maybe next season if things break our way. Until we know a little more about the up-and-coming group of guys, it's more like we could be an exciting team with a puncher's chance than representing a serious threat. Things change fast, though; I could be wrong.