PDA

View Full Version : Major Hollywood star reportedly to film movie in Pittsburgh about former Steeler

tube517
07-08-2014, 10:19 AM
http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/major-hollywood-star-film-movie-pittsburgh-about-f/ngbSn/

Pittsburgh Steelers center Mike Webster dominated his position like few before him, winning four Super Bowls and earning a place in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. A big-budget movie set to film in Pittsburgh will focus on what happened at the end of his life and after and stands to renew focus on players' brain injuries.
Sony Pictures in coming weeks will begin work in the Steel City on “Game Brain,” based on a 2009 GQ article that examined how the NFL attempted to discredit then-Allegheny County forensic pathologist Bennet Omalu. Dr. Omalu discovered evidence linking football-related brain injuries to dementia while examining Webster after his 2002 death.
“We are thrilled to welcome Sony Pictures to Southwest Pennsylvania,” said Dawn Keezer, director of the nonprofit Pittsburgh Film Office.
Academy Award-nominated actor Will Smith reportedly will portray Omalu in the film. Sony representatives did not acknowledge Smith's attachment to the film, which Variety reported in early June.

Steeltreal
07-08-2014, 09:19 PM
I thought Will Ferrell was going to play Roethlisberger

tube517
07-08-2014, 09:40 PM
I thought Will Ferrell was going to play Roethlisberger

Will Ferrell is the drummer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers

fansince'76
07-09-2014, 03:35 AM
Sony Pictures in coming weeks will begin work in the Steel City on “Game Brain,” based on a 2009 GQ article that examined how the NFL attempted to discredit then-Allegheny County forensic pathologist Bennet Omalu. Dr. Omalu discovered evidence linking football-related brain injuries to dementia while examining Webster after his 2002 death.

So it isn't about Webster at all. It's really about denouncing the evil, capitalist pig NFL (all while Will Smith pockets another cool $20+ million for his part in the movie and Hollyweird charges people $10+ a head to see it). I realize the NFL did Webster and other players very dirty, but I'm also sick to death of hypocritical Left Coast liberals preaching from their ivory towers.

GBMelBlount
07-09-2014, 07:13 AM
I think it's great that hollywood really cares about uncovering deception and abuse.

However I am still waiting for the big movie to come out exposing the scads of hollywood producers that sexually molested corey feldman and cory haim as children....

I am going to go out on a limb and say this type of criminal behavior is a lot more commonplace in hollywood than most people think...

Nothing like selective outrage and morality folks.

Crickets.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/10/29/corey-feldman-sexual-abuse-corey-haim-book/