PDA

View Full Version : Can a Healthy McCain Help Solidify the Secondary?

GBMelBlount
07-06-2014, 03:21 PM
A healthy BM may be just what this team needs....

-----------------

While other free agents that joined the Pittsburgh Steelers this offseason have intrigued fans and analysts, Brice McCain has been one player that hasn't drawn much attention.

As a former sixth round draft pick from the Houston Texans, McCain has not produced a consistent year, and is going into his sixth season in the NFL. His best of his five seasons so far was 2011, when he had 13 passes defensed and two interceptions. He also returned one of those two interceptions for his only touchdown in his NFL career. McCain caught a tipped pass and zig-zagged his way to the end-zone on the tail-end of a blowout of the Tennessee Titans making the score 41-7.

Since 2011, McCain has not had as productive a season. He started primarily as a slot cornerback and temporarily would replace a starter whom fell to injury. Though such an opportunity presented itself in 2012 when Jonathan Joseph became injured, McCain would suffer a broken foot in late November that would sideline him for 4 games and has been a nagging injury since.

Recently however, McCain has claimed he has finally taken the time to make a full recovery and feels ready for his new season with the Steelers. "The last two years weren't what I wanted them to be but I’m fully healthy for the first time in two years," McCain said. "I can’t wait to get going."

http://www.chatsports.com/pittsburgh-steelers/a/A-clean-bill-of-health-means-better-chance-for-a-brighter-year-for-Brice-McCain-2-10058334

Devilsdancefloor
07-06-2014, 03:55 PM
A healthy BM may be just what this team needs....

http://i57.tinypic.com/2qx3nyb.jpg

i am excited about the secondary this year

ALLD
07-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Back up.

Mojouw
07-06-2014, 05:22 PM
So the question is whether or not a player entering his 6th NFL season can suddenly make a vast improvement and become more than a replacement level defensive back?

I remain skeptical.

Godfather
07-07-2014, 09:54 PM
McCain? Too old and can't use his arms.