PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mitchell burns to be great

GBMelBlount
06-30-2014, 07:18 PM
PITTSBURGH -- The speed and playmaking ability that Mike Mitchell flashed during his breakout season in 2013 certainly attracted the Steelers to the hard-hitting safety.

What the Steelers also have to love about their most significant free-agent acquisition is his makeup.

One thing that stood out during Mitchell’s introductory news conference in March, shortly after he signed a five-year $25 million contract with the Steelers, is his desire to be great. And the competitiveness he showed during the practices that were in helmets and shorts only reinforced how much Mitchell wants to establish himself as one of the top safeties in the NFL.

[+] Enlarge
Keith Srakocic/AP Photo
New Steelers safety Mike Mitchell has used perceived slights as inspiration as he enters his sixth NFL season.
Mitchell took a significant step toward that goal last season when he intercepted four passes, notched 3½ sacks and forced two fumbles for the Carolina Panthers. When I asked him recently if he felt he should have made the Pro Bowl in 2013, Mitchell said, “Absolutely.”

He also added this:

“I don’t really care about Pro Bowl. I want to be All-Pro. I have to do what I did last year again plus get better.

A lot of times last year people were talking about the front seven I played with and they were very talented. Sometimes you’re overlooked, but that’s just another chip to put on my shoulder and play football.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/7354/mike-mitchell-burns-to-be-great

Shoes
06-30-2014, 09:10 PM
These NFL players sure carry a lot of chips around. :chuckle:

Steelerette
07-01-2014, 01:26 AM
These NFL players sure carry a lot of chips around. :chuckle:

You can't have just one.

tube517
07-01-2014, 07:52 AM
Using the word "Burn" in a sentence with DB's name is scary