PDA

View Full Version : With development, Carter ready to make big contributions

stillers4me
06-29-2014, 09:14 AM
Chris Carter was lost.

Why shouldn't he have been? Learning Dick LeBeau's fabled defense as a rookie three years ago was like trying to earn an A in organic chemistry.

"A lot of us come in with the athletic ability but don't know what to do with it," Carter said, recalling his first minicamp. "You know, in college, you win because of mismatches.

"People aren't just as athletic as you, so it's easy to win a lot. Once you get up here, everyone is as good as or better, so you've got to find different ways and different paths to success."

Carter is hoping to find a way to stick on the roster he has been on for the past three seasons and truly make an impact for the first time in his NFL career............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/06/28/With-development-Carter-ready-to-make-big-contributions/stories/201406280112#ixzz362OCXVUi

salamander
06-29-2014, 09:58 AM
Sorry, but I'm still not bursting with confidence about him. To be honest, I forget he was still on the team.

GBMelBlount
06-29-2014, 04:01 PM
Chris Carter was lost.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/06/28/With-development-Carter-ready-to-make-big-contributions/stories/201406280112#ixzz362OCXVUi

Sounds like an episode of X-files.

But on a serious note, some people simply take longer to transition to the nfl than others.

Who knows, the light may even switch on for Adams this year...

LLT
06-29-2014, 04:56 PM
Sounds like an episode of X-files.

But on a serious note, some people simply take longer to transition to the nfl than others.

Who knows, the light may even switch on for Adams this year...

Some of us remember when Harrison was considered no more than a backup. As you said...it takes some longer to reach their potential.

GBMelBlount
06-29-2014, 05:04 PM
Some of us remember when Harrison was considered no more than a backup. As you said...it takes some longer to reach their potential.

Remember as in right now? :chuckle:

Chidi29
06-29-2014, 05:42 PM
"Chris Carter was lost"

And I still haven't found him.

LLT
06-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Remember as in right now? :chuckle:

LOL...no...not right now.

steelreserve
06-29-2014, 10:52 PM

When Harrison was a backup, people were like, "This guy is a backup right now, but man, he's going to be GOOD." One of the main reasons we were so willing to let Porter go instead of keeping him on at top dollar. I haven't seen anything from Carter that says anything remotely like that.

slashsteel
06-30-2014, 08:25 AM
I would be surprised if he made the roster this year. I see Carter barely holding a roster spot...............

Could come down to his special teams play again. Someone shows equal or more he could very well be cut.

fansince'76
06-30-2014, 10:47 AM
When Harrison was a backup, people were like, "This guy is a backup right now, but man, he's going to be GOOD." One of the main reasons we were so willing to let Porter go instead of keeping him on at top dollar. I haven't seen anything from Carter that says anything remotely like that.

I dunno - I remember it a bit differently. All Harrison was noted for before Porter left was body slamming the drunk Browns fan and blowing off the White House visit after SB XL. I remember a LOT of handwringing from fans when they let Porter walk as well. But yeah, I haven't seen anything from Carter to get excited about.

Psycho Ward 86
06-30-2014, 10:59 AM
damn all of you. this is going be his breakout year where he finally hits double digit tackles

tube517
06-30-2014, 11:29 AM
Harrison always looked capable in spot duty before 2007. Carter hardly gets on the field and if he does, I don't remember anything worth noting. I also forgot he was even still on the team.

steelreserve
07-01-2014, 12:11 AM
I dunno - I remember it a bit differently. All Harrison was noted for before Porter left was body slamming the drunk Browns fan and blowing off the White House visit after SB XL. I remember a LOT of handwringing from fans when they let Porter walk as well. But yeah, I haven't seen anything from Carter to get excited about.

Holy crap - I just looked it up and that was in 2005. I totally thought it was years later. Man, time flies.

I don't know. I was a little upset that Porter was cut loose, but pretty much every soundbite and story I saw about Harrison leading up to that season was something like, "This guy's been ready for a while, now we finally get to see what he can REALLY do." Carter is doing what ... tearing it up in the film room? I don't know, just not very excited about that dude.

zulater
07-01-2014, 05:29 AM
Call me a skeptic where Chris Carter is concerned. I doubt he makes the team this season. If he does, good luck to him though.

Count Steeler
07-01-2014, 07:42 AM
Hasn't shown anything thus far. He is a damning statement as to the depth and quality of our defense the last 3 years. Our LBs and our O Line have been sub par for too long. Here's to a change of landscape in 2014.

katmandu
07-01-2014, 07:54 AM
Who knows, the light may even switch on for Adams this year...Someone needs to piss in his Wheaties!

SteelerFanInStl
07-01-2014, 10:52 PM
I'm in the camp that would be surprised if he even makes the team this year. He's shown absolutely nothing in 3 years.

Devilsdancefloor
07-02-2014, 07:16 AM
prove me wrong cater is all i gotta say