PDA

View Full Version : Offense Will Run Through Le’Veon Bell

polamalubeast
06-27-2014, 11:39 AM
Le’Veon Bell is the complete package. He had a slow start to the year after missing the first three games with a foot injury, and coming back to an offensive line that was still reeling from losing its leader in Maurkice Pouncey. Near the end of the season the line was gelling and Bell found his groove.

Bell has power, quickness, and smarts. He has soft hands and can protect the passer. His route running and coverage recognition are getting better.

Watching him play last year I was surprised that everyone kept talking about him being a 244 lb back. Sure enough Bell played at 230 lbs, way down from his college weight. It showed. Bell was fluid and quick, but still retained the decisive power he showed as a Spartan.

Gio Bernard and Eddie Lacy got a lot of praise last year, and deservedly so. Both of those backs added a new dimension to their respective teams and enjoyed success in their rookie years. Bell is just a more complete back.

I really can’t think of a situation in which I would want the offense to take Bell off of the field. When Fast Willie was running and it was short yardage, you brought in Jerome Bettis or Najeh Davenport. When Rashard Mendenhall was playing you brought in Isaac Redman. If it was late in the game and you were going no huddle you brought in Mewelde Moore.

read more

http://nicepickcowher.com/2014/06/27/offense-run-leveon-bell/