PDA

View Full Version : Projecting the Ceiling, Floor for the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2014

polamalubeast
06-25-2014, 01:57 PM
2014 promises to be a huge season for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Pittsburgh has missed the playoffs the previous two seasons, which is beyond out of character for this franchise. In fact, this team hasn’t missed the playoffs three consecutive seasons since a very dark stretch from 1998-2000.

This is also a significant season for head coach Mike Tomlin. The Steelers went to the Super Bowl twice in his first two seasons as head coach. However, they did so with a roster comprised primarily of players assembled by former head coach Bill Cowher.

As we enter 2014, the bulk of this roster has been turned over, and for the most part, this team belongs to Tomlin. No franchise covets loyalty like the Steelers. In a league where there is a revolving door at head coach for many teams, the Steelers have had four in 45 years. That does not absolve Tomlin from his responsibility to maintain the team's success, however.

This current incarnation of the Steelers roster is loaded with talent. The front office has taken strides this offseason to shuck the “old and slow” criticisms that plagued the team in 2013. Not to mention, this team, even at 8-8, was one of the best in the league the second half of the season.

When talking about ceiling and floor for the 2014 season, it really comes down to whether this team is the group that went 2-6 to start the year or the one that went 6-2 down the stretch. Let’s take a closer look at both.

read more

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2109531-projecting-the-ceiling-floor-for-the-pittsburgh-steelers-in-2014

fansince'76
06-25-2014, 02:08 PM
This is also a significant season for head coach Mike Tomlin. The Steelers went to the Super Bowl twice in his first two seasons as head coach. However, they did so with a roster comprised primarily of players assembled by former head coach Bill Cowher.

I stopped reading after this. What, no mention of the Rooney Rule? :rolleyes:

ALLD
06-25-2014, 03:02 PM
Tomlin will need to shake the Cowher monkey off his back much like Ben who needs an MVP in the SB.

stillers4me
06-25-2014, 03:22 PM
Tomlin don't believe in that hocus pocus.

vader29
06-25-2014, 03:35 PM
The Steelers went to the Super Bowl twice in his first two seasons as head coach.
What? They lost to the Jags in the wild card game in his first season as head coach.

Moose
06-26-2014, 10:48 PM
I thought it was a pretty good read. Nothing much was said that everyone here doesn't already know though. We all know the rookies need to step up, we all know that injuries can take a great start to bad finish, but the big issue I have with this team ever year that I'd like to see stop ASAP, is them playing down to their bottom feeding opponents ! 2-3 games a year kills us !!