PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers Five Most Irreplaceable Players

polamalubeast
06-25-2014, 12:59 PM
http://nicepickcowher.com/2014/06/25/pittsburgh-steelers-five-irreplaceable-players/

steelreserve
06-25-2014, 01:39 PM
Ben, Timmons and Brown I agree with 100%. Losing any of them would really suck.

Heyward, sort of, but so far I'd say he's been good not great, and there's always Keisel if we really need him.

Pouncey - not really. It's nice to have him in the lineup, but we've managed without him (or with him playing hurt) a lot of times and given a pretty good accounting of ourselves. Goose did a good job for a backup; the line looked OK, and I think we won most of those games. Also, how many times do you see a team in the Super Bowl and go, "Man, you know what? They got there because they have a really great center." You don't.

I would probably put Heath on this list way before Heyward or Pouncey ... Bell too, if we didn't have a (hopefully) competent backup now. And believe it or not, even Troy. I've got high hopes for Sharko, but when Troy is anywhere near 100%, we still really don't have anyone better back there.

zulater
06-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Leveon Bell would be high up the list on offense. While Blount might be a good back in his own right, he doesn't add to the passing game they way Bell does. On defense I would put Cortez Allen high up on the list as well. Anyone who has NFL rewind go watch and see how Allen was locking up on receivers in the last 1/3 of the season. Don't forget Ike Taylor and Keenan Lewis really didn't come into their own until their 3rd NFL season. I'm expecting a huge season from Allen.I think he would be the guy on defense who's abscense would create the biggest drop off in performance.