PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger: Steelers' D as fast as any I've seen

polamalubeast
06-23-2014, 03:56 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers' defense finished outside of the top 10 last season for the first time this century.

The problem, as NFL Media analyst Warren Sapp has been pointing out since 2011, is that Dick LeBeau's troops had grown old and slow.

We made the argument after the 2014 NFL Draft that the Steelers helped reverse Father Time by picking up Ryan Shazier, the NFL's fastest linebacker since Brian Urlacher entered the league out of New Mexico in 2000.

It isn't just Shazier, though. Ben Roethlisberger told KDKA-FM in Pittsburgh on Monday morning that this defense is as fast as any he has seen in Pittsburgh.

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000360992/article/ben-roethlisberger-steelers-d-as-fast-as-any-ive-seen?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

bendsteel
06-23-2014, 05:26 PM
speed kills. I like the tough 2 yards and a cloud...... as much as the next guy, but today`s NFL requires speed.

Edman
06-23-2014, 06:20 PM
The league adjusted to the Steelers D by just getting faster and exploiting the Linebackers. That's been the weakness of the D these past years. Just not being there and being caught out of position. Not to mention tackling.

Hopefully, the D really steps up this year. This team needs it.

Jaucer
06-23-2014, 07:30 PM
That site gave me a scare for a minute. Just above this article's link on the right side was an article titled "Mike Pouncey could miss 3 months after hip surgery". My first quick glance saw Pouncey and I about shit until I realized it said Mike not Maurkice.

Count Steeler
06-23-2014, 07:31 PM
We are definitely faster, but do we have play makers? Speed makes up for some mistakes, but it's not like we are playing teams devoid of speed themselves.

Should be interesting.