PDA

View Full Version : Steelers sign RB Jordan Hall, waive CB Deion Belue

Shoes
06-18-2014, 08:26 PM
The Steelers have signed a rookie to their offensive backfield and waived a rookie from their defensive backfield.
On offense, the Steelers have added (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-make-roster-moves/7bce734c-1db0-44f9-a744-bdca44bd7494) Jordan Hall, a tailback from Ohio State. The 5-foot-9, 191-pound Hall rushed for 1,568 yards and 14 touchdowns in five seasons with the Buckeyes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/18/steelers-sign-rb-jordan-hall-waive-cb-deion-belue/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/18/steelers-sign-rb-jordan-hall-waive-cb-deion-belue/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knS4Uf5daG4

Chidi29
06-18-2014, 08:45 PM
He was invited to rookie camp on a tryout but did not receive a contract.

Shoes
06-18-2014, 08:50 PM
What are your thoughts Chidi….camp body?

Dwinsgames
06-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Belue must not be 100% yet ( maybe never will be ) ?

cut twice in a couple months doesn't bode well when training camp still has not got here

Chidi29
06-18-2014, 08:53 PM
What are your thoughts Chidi….camp body?

Never watched him. Part-time runner who spent majority of time as a kick returner. Holds OSU record for single season kick return yards. Spent first year or two in HS playing with Terrelle Pryor.

But yeah, camp body - even with depth at the position thin.

Dwinsgames
06-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Never watched him. Part-time runner who spent majority of time as a kick returner. Holds OSU record for single season kick return yards. Spent first year or two in HS playing with Terrelle Pryor.

But yeah, camp body - even with depth at the position thin.

agree camp body ...

however I do not see us as thin at RB ...

I do see us as set at RB and like what we have in Bell , Blount , Archer , Alexander ....Poole , Maysonet and now Hall as camp bodies

Chidi29
06-18-2014, 09:37 PM
agree camp body ...

I do see us as set at RB and like what we have in Bell , Blount , Archer , Alexander ....Poole , Maysonet and now Hall as camp bodies

Archer is really up in the air. Sure, he was mostly a RB in school but he'll be a bit part there in the NFL. And while the jersey is not the say-all, end-all, I think the team is considering more as a WR than RB at this point. Guy they want in space...use in the elongated running game.

Alexander hasn't had an NFL carry...and obviously ditto for Archer...and the rest of the group if I'm not mistaken.

We've carried at least 4 RBs in every year but one since 2008. Not sure who that #4 is going to be....if he's healthy, I'd re-sign Howling. #34 is kind of available...Howard Jones has it but I don't see him keeping that if he makes the team. I'd like Howling to give you that comfort and experience on the back end of the roster.

- - - Updated - - -

agree camp body ...

Archer is really up in the air. Sure, he was mostly a RB in school but he'll be a bit part there in the NFL. And while the jersey is not the say-all, end-all, I think the team is considering more as a WR than RB at this point. Guy they want in space...use in the elongated running game.

Alexander hasn't had an NFL carry...and obviously ditto for Archer...and the rest of the group if I'm not mistaken.

We've carried at least 4 RBs in every year but one since 2008. Not sure who that #4 is going to be....if he's healthy, I'd re-sign Howling. #34 is kind of available...Howard Jones has it but I don't see him keeping that if he makes the team. I'd like Howling to give you that comfort and experience on the back end of the roster.

Dwinsgames
06-18-2014, 09:55 PM

- - - Updated - - -

you can say that again :heh:

Chidi29
06-18-2014, 10:01 PM
Ha, yeah, computer goofed. Too lazy to delete it.

Dwinsgames
06-18-2014, 10:06 PM
Ha, yeah, computer goofed. Too lazy to delete it.

the cushy college life has made you lazy you say LOL ...

good to see you around more Alex , going to be an interesting camp this year will be lots to talk about

Chidi29
06-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Oh no, college didn't make me lazy. I was born that way. And proud! :heh: